As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX should return to a 24 hour format!

DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
The very first PAX was two days, 24 hours a day. As a night owl, I would love this! I could show up at like 10pm and have fun all night when things are less crazy. What do you think?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I think I speak for every Enforcer when I say "<expletive> NO!"

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah...no. While it was interesting, people started passing out behind arcade machines and stealing banners.

Go find your own after-hours PAX fun. There's plenty to do around...

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2014
    Yeah that's never going to happen. Staffing a show like pax to be 24 hours is a pretty large issue. They just REDUCED from 2am to midnight closing.

There's plenty to do after hours outside of pax. Throw a party for you and your friends!

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »
    I think I speak for every Enforcer when I say "<expletive> NO!"

I don't know what you mean. This sounds like a wonderful idea that I wholeheartedly support.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I hope you realize that by saying that you're sleeping outside during PAX.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    I meant to type "no". I just remembered that that was the thing I wanted to type but I was tired and didn't get enough sleep so I made a typo. The previous post had absolutely nothing to do with that.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2014
    MAGFest is 24 hours, if you're looking for a 24 hour awesome nerdery experience

zerzhul on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also keep in mind that the first PAX was ten years ago; a lot of those people are adults with regular jobs that would not survive a weekend without sleep.

As others have said, it should not be hard to find some like-minded people to do whatever with if you really hate both ends of your candle.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

And I don't blame pax for not doing it. It's a nightmare to manage, and I don't know how we don't blow our brains out every year.

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    zerzhul wrote: »

And I don't blame pax for not doing it. It's a nightmare to manage, and I don't know how we don't blow our brains out every year.

Keep in mind that, even though it is growing fast, MAG is still a fraction of the size of PAX. It's always difficult either way, but it works out for you guys at least. I mean, I've seen you guys both in action and passed out on panel stages in the middle of the night so I don't know how you all do it either. :P

I love that MAG is a 24-hour event and I would never want that to change, but doing it to PAX would be a disaster. As long as there's late-night parties at nearby venues and hotel rooms then it's generally good enough. :wink:

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    lokar82lokar82 Registered User regular
    I am a night owl too but don't see a need for PAX to do this with all the after parties around. A friend and I got back to our rooms at 4am Sunday night/Monday morning from after-partying, that is late enough for me!