As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Forums StreamTeam! It's Happening Again! literally hours of continuous streaming!

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    T-minus 30 minutes until I bore people to sleep with bad games!

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Thanks to the couple of people who showed up for Insomniac Sim time last night. I like DarkStar One, but next time (whenever that is) I'll probably pick something different. Trying to keep up any semblance of banter going through that game was a bit of a challenge.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    I'm going to start getting everything sorted and set up so I'll go live soon. Enjoy shitty internet streaming!

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I called it a bit early in my System Shock 2 run. I got 3 hours in and now i'm just dying over and over again. So i'm going to take a step back and come at it again next week. I don't think I can do 6 hours of pain like I did with Spec Ops.

Ash-Housewares on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    ::ignore me! :) ::

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Anyone available to help me figure out how to broadcast to the StreamTeam channel?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Karrde1842 wrote: »
    Anyone available to help me figure out how to broadcast to the StreamTeam channel?

@Karrde1842 Sure, do you have teamspeak, mumble, skype, or anything?

Just hit me up with a PM.

Ash-Housewares on
  • Options
    I was thinking for the next weekend, maybe we should try and get a group game going.

Maybe play some dota 2, smite, or something together.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I appear to have a Twitch channel now? Gonna spend some time tonight getting the levels and stuff right.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    I was thinking for the next weekend, maybe we should try and get a group game going.

Maybe play some dota 2, smite, or something together.

Maybe some weekend I will make a Terraria hardcore server and we can all go iron man on it.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Twitch Blog: Changes to Audio in VODs

This, uh... this does not look like a good thing to me.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    all the fun of making highlights will be moot if they're all muted.

Imagine how riveting this would be while muted - or, just turn the volume off when you watch it:

http://www.twitch.tv/ronaldothegypsy/c/4800740

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I hear (hah! :( ) that this speedrun highlight was really tense. Not knowing the intricacies of the game, I can't really say...

On another note, how goes the PAStreamTeam? I just joined the Steam group (even though I've been on the stream test page for awhile).

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Ianator wrote: »
    Twitch Blog: Changes to Audio in VODs

This, uh... this does not look like a good thing to me.

Yeah, it even muted the streams from The DOTA International.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    W4TZU8m.png

Taramoor on
  • Options
    The original plan, I think, was to have it happen every two weeks. But some of us are enthusiasts and so on the 'off' weekends we might do little events. The whole stream itself has a max of maybe 6 viewers when Ash the superstar gets to business.

• Options
    With regards to the muting, it really smells like Twitch closing any liabilities it may have before being bought by Google. The Twitch channel being affected seems to suggest a "get this done last week" amount of testing. Really poor show.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I checked some of my highlights and didn't notice any muting yet, so I guess it's still rolling out. I have seen examples of speed runs or fallout 3 runs being muted. Hell, part of the dota 2 international official stream was muted.

We'll see how it plays out, but I'm thinking about moving to hitbox if at least the game audio thing isn't fixed. That's kind of a necessary part of playing games.

• Options
    Augh, this whole thing has absolutely killed any desire to stream. And I haven't even started broadcasting yet!

I guess I could, y'know, not upload archives or highlights? That seems silly though, at least until we know what won't get flagged.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Interestingly, I had a 4 minute highlight in Saints Row 4 of me running through tunnels chain-exploding cars with my laughter and it was flagged. But the one of me using the dubstep gun for like two minutes continuously was not flagged.

Working as intended.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    So I made the migration over to hitbox. It was super simple, I like some of their features, and I haven't had any real issues yet.

Sometimes my mic has been echoing for the stream, which I'm not sure how to fix yet, and just might be a combination of OBS and Hitbox. I'm gonna make a highlight of it and send it to their support to see what they think.

• Options
    Aye, my test stream on hitbox was nice and enjoyable.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I'm waiting to see how things go and I'm assuming these are just growing pains but we'll see. I did snag my name on Hitbox though.

Here's my twitch. Mainly Spelunky, Risk of Rain and Metal Slug 3 right now.

• Options
    The Twitch CEO's AMA is live.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    And so far he's said they're working on it and pushed it out early. They also won't go after people during their streams.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99jrkp0XDeQ

TotalBiscuit sums up the situation with quite a level head. Desire to stream: restored!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Ok, so maybe I feel a little better, but what am I supposed to do if my videos are flagged for in game music? I exported all my stuff to youtube as suggested, and now I have videos flagged that is just playing the game. Yeah the song is there (bioshock) but I didn't put it there. And I can stop using commercial songs on my breaks easy enough.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Just waiting for Twitch to pull a Flixster and undo all the shit they've done "for our sake"

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Also, there's a theory going around that the Google buyout fell through and Twitch is freaking out. It makes sense, since Google loves to store everything, and Twitch is now in the business of deleting everything

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    I've been streaming a ton lately. Dunno how to join you folks though.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Yeah I'm still streaming to Twitch only because there's more audience there for now. Just waiting for the migration over if it happens.

• Options
    I have a capture card en route so next streamteam I can probably do something console-related. Maybe some snes game in glorious 1080p at 60fps because necessary.

• Options
    It's here and I think it's working. The issue is ... how do I run game audio and mic audio simultaneously without giving listeners feedback, hrmm... I guess I could mute the cpu and use headphones for the wii u, but then it won't pick up my mic. Life is hard.

• Options
    If everyone can flick me their times ill start putting together this weekends schedule.

IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    I think I'm out this time around.
    It's here and I think it's working. The issue is ... how do I run game audio and mic audio simultaneously without giving listeners feedback, hrmm... I guess I could mute the cpu and use headphones for the wii u, but then it won't pick up my mic. Life is hard.

Use the mic limiter in OBS, it's in the settings. That way you can setup your mic so that it only picks up audio when you're speaking into it instead of being on all the time.

• Options
    It probably also helps to not have a fan pointed at yourself all the time, so the wind gets picked up on mic.

But it's really hot in here!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Alright noise gate seems to be in a good place. I guess I can both commentate and listen to games, if I go the console streaming route.

I'm not sure what I will do this weekend but I assume I am working all-day saturday and sunday. I'll take a 8-11 Central slot for Saturday, nonetheless. If you want to truncate it to 2 hours to fit other people in, that's fine.

I'll see what I can do for Sunday and Monday. I don't know my schedule then yet for sure. I should have an idea of it tomorrow, though.

• Options
    Can't join you guys this weekend. Next time, I hope!

Re: Twitch/Hitbox, I am still using Twitch for the most part, for both the audience and infrastructure. As I understand it, Hitbox's coverage outside the US is not as great as Twitch's.

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    We streaming this weekend? Might want to update the calendar.

If possible I'd like a slot at about noon Pacific (2:00pm Central) on Saturday, should be a good time for some Brutal Legend.

(edited to add day)

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Suds‌ Flick me pm if you want to stream, there is a schedule that's set to CST (It's just what I picked) so pick when you wanna stream and I'll update as necessary as well as pming you the necessary streamkey.

@cooljammer00 Will you be streaming with us this weekend?

@Ash-Housewares‌ Will you be returning for the System Shocking.

@karrde1842 Any interest in streaming this weekend?

@shdwcaster‌ Ditto to stream-o

Edit: Also please no one quote this post so we don't end up with people getting mentioned 500000 times

Botznoy on
    IZF2byN.jpg

• Options
    Hmm, I have to get a haircut tomorrow and my brother is visiting for the weekend. Do we only stream on Saturday and Sunday? If so, I might be doing a bit of late night random streaming after people fall asleep on my personal account. I can post a notice in this here thread though if I end up streaming stuff.

There are a bunch of games I wouldn't mind starting on stream, as well as a bunch of games I need to finish. And a stream is sort of LIKE having people sitting next to me watching me play and calming me down when I get spooked (Tomb Raider, I'm looking at you)

steam_sig.png