As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Furtive

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Furtive

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• dobberspdobbersp Registered User regular
    Most difficult kitty so far.

• KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    Had to scrutinize this one.

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • KarmikCykleKarmikCykle Registered User new member
    Tricky kitty in this one.

• tinwatchmantinwatchman Registered User regular
    That kid... looks less than healthy. Where exactly does he sleep? For that matter, DOES he sleep?

• fedcomicfedcomic Registered User regular
  • ManOfHonorManOfHonor Registered User regular
    @fedcomic, why not to put
    FANBOYS TO THE RESCUE

• WiFiPunkWiFiPunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Pretty sure most people think they're like Malachi when in reality they're more like creepy dirt pooping kid who steals apples.. or maybe that's just me.

WiFiPunk on
    PAX East 2015 Status: Badge[X] Hotel[X] Car[X] Vacation[X]
  • Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    @wifipunk I'm neither I'm nore like brian... But without the helping people thing...

Great comic today, that kid is SERIOUSLY creepy... Keep him away from Seventeen!

Also... DAMN that was a seriously tricky kittie...

Talyn Rahl on
  • metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    Kitty heard it too, but maybe not all of it...

• MonkeyJoeMonkeyJoe Registered User new member
    What's so tricky about this kitty? All I had to do was zoom to 500% and then stare for ten minutes at the strip. Easy as cake.

• JackJack Registered User regular
    Superman can hear all of your farts.

• metrobetrometrobetro Registered User new member
    OMG I love the weird kids. They keep crawling out of the woodworks.

• CaffinatedCaffinated Registered User regular
    HE KNOWS TOO MUCH, camp is about to get a little smaller!

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    So creepy

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • WaxxyOneWaxxyOne Registered User regular
    Holy crap that cat was just RUDE. Also, that was hilarious.

• WaxxyOneWaxxyOne Registered User regular
    @fedcomic:

So, let me get this straight. This kid has previously stolen Malachi's food and peed on him while he slept, and now he's spying on him from the tree he's sitting under? I think Malachi has a major stalker problem here. The peeing incident was probably him marking his territory. Has anyone checked on Seventeen recently? She may be in mortal danger from this creep.

• osaryesosaryes Registered User regular
    "ALL of it! I heard it AAAALL! And now everyone is going to know the TRUUUTH! THE TRUUUUTH I said! Mwahahahahaha!"

That cat wasn't so hard... You just gotta use some common sense.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    That cat is really hard to find. And also small.

• spazziumspazzium Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    A young Patrick Stewart. Where is that kitty?

Edit: Shadow aren't that color!

spazzium on
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    fedcomic wrote: »

The creepy kid is in two of my favorite one off strips...I'm not sure what that says about me, but it can't be good.

• TzivyaTzivya Registered User regular
    I concur, hardest kitty yet, omg. Headache-inducing, literally.

• jkeyjkey Registered User regular
    That kitty was genius! Also I want a print of just that first panel. preferably a portrait crop so I see more of the tree

• smerksmerk Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Finding the Kitty took me about 15 secs. Felt like a total badass.

Yes, it was pure luck, but I still felt like a badass.
    jkey wrote: »
    Also I want a print of just that first panel...

Personally I want a Print of the 4th panel. A Relaxed Release is a luxury in this crowded world and should be celebrated.

smerk on
    What is this 'Pants' of which you speak?
  • Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    Hmm... can't find it... can't find it!! WHERE IS IT?! I WILL TEAR THE WORLD ASUNDER IF I CAN'T FIND THAT CAT!

Okay that sounds like a lot of work. Instead I'll ask, like, at least which frame it's in.

• DontDont Registered User regular
    @Dark Jaguar:
    Frame 6 it is.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Even being told the panel it's in I can't find it this time.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • hajenhajen Registered User regular
    Disclaimer: my color vision is deficient, so please take that into consideration while reading this.

@CERES i'll provide three different methods, hopefully one will steer you (and others) to where i think the kitteh be:
    1: i originally thought it was the black mass, that had two triangles and a curved line in between, that was on level with creepy kid's ear and half way between it and the right edge; however since it didn't have the requisite two 'eye holes', i discarded that idea.
    if however you use that pseudo cat head as a aiming point and drop straight down approx. half a panel length, you will see the supposed kitteh (i still can't see clearly enough to be 100%). it is colored the blackest dark brown i could imagine (it could be dark green - remember my color blindness). the head and neck of the kitteh is oriented at approx. 135 degrees, with the top of the frame being 0 deg., the right edge 90 deg., the bottom 180 deg., (and for completeness) the left edge 270 deg.

2. starting at the bottom right corner of the frame, go up along the right edge until you hit the first 'light' blotch of foliage; at its widest spot go directly left (and before you hit the trunk) and there be the kitteh.

method 3. notice the light gray - green part of the trunk at the bottom of the panel, follow it up until a branch (of the same color) juts out; right above that is the kitteh.

remember: i'm not 100% sure i found it, because i really can't distinguish the eye holes well enough; the palette used today really messes with my eyes.

• dead.juicedead.juice Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I see the kitten.
    Bottom panels, middle one. Follow the right side of the tree up, there is the first small branch stub sticking out with the light on it. Go up one more branch, the dark one, and there he is at the base, hanging upside down.

dead.juice on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Jeez, well played. I found it with help from instructions and lots of zooming.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    Sweet cat lord! That was a tough one! Never had to use "zoom" just to see one before.

• ButterfrogButterfrog Registered User regular
    This one is not only funny, but beautiful!!! Love the colors and composition :)

• Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Kitty Hunting Technique
    Katie uses a trick she commonly likes to use for this one, which is that she hides the silhouette of the cat as the same color as the background. And she will typically do this in panels with elaborately detailed background clutter. Bonus if she can drape all that in shadows. The sixth panel fits all those requirements. Nevermind that it's awash in an explosion of distracting colors.

I typically like scanning along the solid linework because you're scanning for shape, not color or details. That's a common trap to fall into.

The first four panels are relatively static backgrounds, so scanning them should be very speedy, since any changes in linework from panel-to-panel should leap out at you.

Twenty Sided on
  • kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    oh wow, for that cat I had to zoom in to 500% and go panel by panel, but I finally found it without using hints. That was a rather difficult one.

• Spman2099Spman2099 Registered User regular
    Absolutely the hardest cat yet. Well done, Katie.

• meatnerdmeatnerd Registered User regular
    These single faces in them panels lately.

Too much priceless

• ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    Why on Earth is a fart considered embarrassing. Few things induce more laughter and joy than a good pant ripper.

Maybe Malachi thought about this too and thats why his ears unblushed so quickly.

• I AM TRULY AMAZING!!!!I AM TRULY AMAZING!!!! Registered User regular
    that's creppy

• John LittleJohn Little Registered User regular
    Geeze... I can't believe I found that. Also, I just realized my browser's Zoom feature is really useful for this kind of thing.