As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Monday, July 28, 2014 - The Talk, By Bill Amend

2»

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    streever wrote: »
    Newspaper comics are 'for children' per the editorial boards of most newspapers; that's why they are so sanitized. They literally are asking themselves, "Would an 83 year old grandmother in Topeka be upset if she saw this word in the comic her 4 year old grand-child is looking at?"

The Daily Mirror in the UK used to run (or possibly still does run) a comic called Mandy Capp, which would regularly have straight-up boobs.

Then again, the UK is the home of Page 3, so tits in our paper aren't really shocking any more. Tacky, yes.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Newspaper comics are 'for children' per the editorial boards of most newspapers; that's why they are so sanitized. They literally are asking themselves, "Would an 83 year old grandmother in Topeka be upset if she saw this word in the comic her 4 year old grand-child is looking at?"

The Daily Mirror in the UK used to run (or possibly still does run) a comic called Mandy Capp, which would regularly have straight-up boobs.

Then again, the UK is the home of Page 3, so tits in our paper aren't really shocking any more. Tacky, yes.

We had Andy Capp. No booze that I recall, but plenty of after effect of it

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

Don't forget the domestic violence. To quote Homer Simpson "Andy Capp you wife beating drunk".

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Don't forget the domestic violence. To quote Homer Simpson "Andy Capp you wife beating drunk".

I also recall him taking a few hits as well.

jnij103vqi2i.png