As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    To be fair, Legion infantry really, really, REALLY needs re-sculpts. Archers and Swordmen are hideous.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I'm guessing some sort of feat from the blurb that grants some sort of knock-back or slam to her friendly model's melted attacks, and maybe additional dice of damage on collateral damage rolls.

Because that's be hilarious on the Meat Thresher. Bulldoze into a control zone, and send everything flying out of it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    list one

Rask

list two

Helga

player name

Fozzie Bear

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Warmachine Tactics updated.

List building is in. Warcasters get a ridiculous amount of warjack points (between 12 and 20, I've seen). Warjacks are roughly twice as expensive and you have to take two. Troops I've seen cost around 4 to 5 points a pop on average. Cinerators cost 6, presumably Shocktroopers do too.

Gun Mages are now in for Cygnar. They're just like the tabletop, but gained Phantom Seeker from the GMCA and have True Sight by default. Crit Brutal lives up to its name- the gun is normally rated at 3 dmg, but it suddenly jumps up to like 10 damage if Crit Brutal goes off, thanks to the game already giving a similar bonus when critting. My stormblades got blindsided by that.

Menoth gets the Cinerators. They get a bunch of passive abilities but I have no idea what they do because they don't have tooltips yet. They get Shield Wall and an attack that ignores armor if their target is on fire. Nasty.

Khador gets Iron Fangs. Stat-wise, they have one higher DEF than TFG and lose out on Set Defense. AKA they always have the Set Defense bonus. They don't get the "Charge into shield-wall" ability TFG get, instead getting something that lets them move four squares and attack everything.

Cryx gets Skarlocks. They have spell slave and Soul Taker. Oh, and they're FAU for the time being.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Well, the GenCon RAM model is up ...
    image2.jpg

Disappointing, to say the least. PP seems to have been making a lot of decisions recently that have really put me off of them as a company. I wonder if I was just blind to this behaviour before ... :/

ArcticLancer on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    That model is just gross. Very let down. :(

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I wish I could say that was a one-off, but it's not surprising compared to their previous con models

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    It's weird. Warmachine as a whole swings really hard away from cheesecake poses and chainmail bikinis, but then they do the con models. I feel like they just looked at all the stupid shit that other companies do and went, "we can do that!" without asking if they should.

I heard the stores... but I wrote them off as myths.

My Earthbreaker arrived today.. so many bits. Bits everywhere. Bits for days.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    They've always been bad about representation of women, all the female warcasters have high heels and form fitting boob armor

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    They've always been bad about representation of women, all the female warcasters have high heels and form fitting boob armor

Last week I noticed that you can see Sorscha's butt.

Through her armor and big winter coat.

• UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    Yea, Sorcha's unrealistic miracle butt was the first thing my wife commented on when I showed her my finished model.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    In WM:T she has actual combat boots.

makosig.jpg
    I'd like to be a train...

QqI2PEd.jpg?1

persona4celestia.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I dunno, the Blighted Bather kind of reminds me of Hedonism Bot.

Incenjucar wrote: »
    I dunno, the Blighted Bather kind of reminds me of Hedonism Bot.

DBckrcy.png

edited August 2014
    Oh god so tired.

So much flash.

Almost done, though.

TbqAWbn.jpg?1

EDIT: In retrospect, I probably should have tested this on the base before I attached the legs. Since they are totally way too wide and it's not going to sit on it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Did...did the Earthshaker eat Fluttershy? Do the Dwarves need pony magic to operate their machinery? Is the Earthshaker fueled by Kindness? So many questions...

Nealneal on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Nealneal wrote: »
    Did...did the Earthshaker eat Fluttershy? Do the Dwarves need pony magic to operate their machinery? Is the Earthshaker fueled by Kindness? So many questions...

Khador and Cygnar rely on good old fashioned coal for their jacks. Protectorate uses oil, while Cryx feeds souls and necrotite to their warmachines.

Somebody has to make use of the ponies. You can't just let a resource like that go to waste.

Vectors use wound-up springs!

Or something along that line.

Nah, she's fine, she just retreated to a minimum safe distance to watch as I attempt to assemble this monstrosity.

Figured out what I did wrong, apparently the tabs at the ends of the legs aren't actually supportive and actually come off. So that the feet-shields can point more inward and actually get on the base.

Now I just need to get the other five off so I can fix those.

persona4celestia.jpg
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Nah, she's fine, she just retreated to a minimum safe distance to watch as I attempt to assemble this monstrosity.

Figured out what I did wrong, apparently the tabs at the ends of the legs aren't actually supportive and actually come off. So that the feet-shields can point more inward and actually get on the base.

Now I just need to get the other five off so I can fix those.

You know who else made that mistake? I'll give you a hint: it's everyone.

While I think PMAvers situation is much more annoying overall, I just received my CSI-closeout order, and discovered that Invictors come in 3 pieces. Every one of them is a body, arms+guns, and head. I'm really confused why the heads are separate, but oh well, that's how it is apparently ...

I'm excited to have them though. It'll be nice to have more of what I want to use with Issyria, and to have a new unit that Ravyn can really make use of. :)

I love Invictors. I love love love them. I hate hate hate how they are put together.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I've mentioned it before I think, but the Stormwall was the least fun I've ever had in putting a model together

The Hyperion was a nightmare. Each piece was like a different type of resin/plastic (some grey, some white, some tan) with no obvious rhyme or reason. None of the pieces dry fit, I have to give almost every piece a hot water bath. Contrast that with my wife's Prime Axiom which was easy breezy to put together over a couple nights.

I've had zero issues with my Conquest.

My buddy said the same thing about his Conquest when I bitched about my Hype.

Honestly, I'd say 90% of the assembly of the Earthbreaker was actually pretty easy.

The flash bits were honestly the most annoying, since they were freaking everywhere.

Only thing I havn't put on were the arms, and that's mostly debating if I want to attempt to magnetize them somehow so it can be stored easier. Probably will be mroe stable if I just fixed mount them.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • MagoMago SwedenRegistered User regular
    Steelhead Halberdiers. :(

Brush thralls sums it up:

It's the arms that will give you trouble. Oh, what trouble they will give! Each halberd/arm set is made up of a halberd with an arm and a hand attached, and an arm with no hand. The arm with no hand attaches to the halberd hand at the wrist, while both arms attach to the body at the shoulders.

Trying to paint stuff since 1995.
    Went to the FLGS to pick up some paints, but we all know how that ends.

stuff.jpg

They have 20-40% off on all Warmahordes blisters and a bunch of boxes, but the boxes were all old metal models, so sod that.

Picked up:

Supreme Aptimus Zaal & Kovaas
    Supreme Kommandant Irusk
    Supreme Archdomina Makeda
    Butcher2
    Tiberion upgrade kit
    Razorworm

• WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Random question that came up last night shortly before my pStryker got horribly stabbed by an angelius...
    Does legions hellion/sorceress blight storm ability play well with Saeryns blight bringer spell? Thus having the hellion place her storm on a unit, then some beast dropping in and causing auto kills to erryone?

Witchsight.png
    edited August 2014
    It shouldn't, although I'm largely guessing how Blight Bringer is worded.
    If not from the way the models would have the AOE placed on them (they didn't enter it), I'm not sure the spell even 'follows' the model it was centered on. That may just be how you target with it and then it sits there.

Let me see if I can find a final answer on the rules forum.

[edit]
    I am correct ...
    on both counts.

[edit edit]
    Re-read the question. Had you totally wrong.
    Looking this up now.

[edit-edit-edit]
    Here's my best guess at this, because I couldn't find a ruling and have no books in front of me:
    Blight Storm requires a model to be directly hit for the ability to trigger. Blight Bringer states "models in the AOE are hit and suffer ..." - Since it is an AOE, only the target model can be directly hit unless the spell says otherwise. As it does not, the models are simply 'hit', which will not trigger Blight Storm.

ArcticLancer on
    Despoiler's pose makes him look like he's ready for some wrasslin'.

Buit10PCEAAZdj5.jpg:medium

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    He looks more like he and the Thunderhead could form a DJ duo and tour the clubs.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Managed to skate by with a win the other night, eKreoss tier list vs Ossyan with Hyperion and cricket. Aiyanna missed Kreoss on snake-eyes, then his 10-man Rifleman CRA on Kreoss (with no focus, so POW 23ish vs arm 16) also decided to miss, on snake-eyes. Either one hits (especially the latter), it's game. Instead, big K survives, ties everything else up/kills stuff with feat, and wins on Scenario.

Don't forget Megalith. He is always raising the roof.

IMAG0597_zps29b45e34.jpg

IMAG0552_zps39d14315.jpg
    IMAG0596_zps48f78d38.jpg

edited August 2014
    And today was the day I decided that I need to buy a gaming mat, because playing on this just feels sad.

We usually play at a buddy's place - I have all my proper terrain there, and there's a Realm of Battle table to play on there. (Also my table is just 30 inches wide.)

BunD1KNIYAAJ739.jpg:medium

Echo on