As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Do people really pay 300g for Arcanite Bars ?

• OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    God fucking damn it, why do I keep getting pulled to PvP servers when queuing for Ordos? Having to fight a boring boss while a couple of overpowered hunter assholes keep out of his range and plink away at the raid for bloody coins is so much fun. :(

• Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    You could always just start the group up yourself if you're tired of that. That's what I've taken to doing just to skip the headache of wondering if there's going to be a douchebag on whatever server I get ported to. It's not like there's any kind of effort in actually leading the group other than spamming invites on the list of people queued up.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I wonder how many subscribers will leave in quarter 3 2014. WoD isn't coming out until Q4 2014 or Q1 2015. If it comes out 2015 then that's going to be horrible for subs.

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    edit: Meh, just whining. Deleted.

Samphis on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Sooo...is the level 90 MC going to replace the level 60 one like they did with Ony, or is it going to be a totally different thing since it's LFR?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    No details yet on anything but would assume brand new instance.

steam_sig.png
    Fortunately I'm totally done with the original MC, so I was just wondering out of curiosity.

I'll be interested to hear details, if they plan on having it drop level appropriate loot, if it'll still have the level 60 sets, if it'll have the 60 legendary drops, etc.

I think it's a cool idea. I enjoyed the Ony revamp, though it sounds (with what little info they gave us) they're not planning really on doing a rebalance/redo of it, just using the level scaling stuff they've developed for the squish to 'squish' it up to 90. Either way.

LF39More MC. Bindings reserved. Full on rogues.

Samphis wrote: »

ilvl 545 and achieve required

Every fucking time someone says 'achieve' for achievement it's like nails on chalkboards for me.

hatehatehatehatehate

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Every fucking time someone says 'achieve' for achievement it's like nails on chalkboards for me.

hatehatehatehatehate

Chievos or bust!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Brody wrote: »

hatehatehatehatehate

Chievos or bust!
    277058_195565847174523_3166156_n.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The PVP portion of the cloak line was surprisingly painless (after the first attempt at temple) for my third character (warlock).

Probably helps that Destro is just so ugly in PVP.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    God, I hope they don't replace the old MC. I still need the eye of sulfurs.

Edit:
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    No details yet on anything but would assume brand new instance.
    Molten Core provided many WoW players with their first taste of WoW raiding. For the anniversary celebration, max-level players will be able to participate in a special 40-player Raid Finder version to relive the experience of hunting down Ragnaros and his minions within his fiery lair.

Yeah, and it looks to be raid finder exclusive.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    and it's only active during the anniversary event. original mc isn't getting replaced

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I wonder if new MC will have the same boss mechanics as old MC? Because if it does, it's gonna be a doozy. Aside from a few things, such curses, or living bomb, those fights are rather simplistic compared to even BC's fights.

• AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    They'll probably want to hit that nostalgia card as hard as possible. So mechanics will probably be un-changed, on top of being LFR it'll be a real breeze.

The fact that the bg is temporary seems a bit stupid in my eyes. A deathmatch style bg is what we're missing in pvp.

• MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Acharenus wrote: »
    They'll probably want to hit that nostalgia card as hard as possible. So mechanics will probably be un-changed, on top of being LFR it'll be a real breeze.

Being Blizzard, I wouldn't be surprised if they added some new bad stuff to not stand in - what they call "interesting" gameplay.

I think they'd have to add some new challenging mechanics, though, especially without fire resist gear to worry about.

At any rate, as much as I liked MC in Vanilla I would not suffer it for 39 random people for any reward. If I feel nostalgic, I'll just go to the level 60 version.

Re: the BG, making it temporary seems totally silly. If you're going to the trouble of making it, make it permanent. I'm looking forward to it though. SS/TM PvP was fun as hell.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
    Well, the lava will kill you in 5 ticks now, and there's plenty of that to not stand in.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    So they pushed a new build last night, found this on the MMO-C forums this morning:
    So...

I found on the Beta the price of the Alliance's chopper, if it's not big news for some of you it's 100.000 gold. And personally, I'm not happy with that, I hope it's a temporary price :/

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Well, they said it would be a hefty price.

Of course, there seems to be plenty of players who would be all, "100,000g? PFFT! Pocket Change! I have 8 characters at the gold cap because making money is soooo easy!"...and then there's me, who has like 7000g on all of his characters combined.

• EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »

Of course, there seems to be plenty of players who would be all, "100,000g? PFFT! Pocket Change! I have 8 characters at the gold cap because making money is soooo easy!"...and then there's me, who has like 7000g on all of his characters combined.

I just hit 10k on my account! I'm awesome!

Srsly, you gold-capped people are crazy. I can't seem to keep much more than 10k at any one time.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Man, I have over 100k gold on my Horde characters and I wouldn't even think of buying the Horde version of the bike, let alone figure out how to buy the Alliance one.

I wouldn't do it if it was 10k gold either.

EDIT: Just to make it clear, I'm aware that the Horde bike is free, just saying I wouldn't have paid for it.

Nobody on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Acharenus wrote: »

The fact that the bg is temporary seems a bit stupid in my eyes. A deathmatch style bg is what we're missing in pvp.

They def don't need a permanent 100v100 bg. It will be good for the nostalgia factor.

A 10v10 TDM map though, that'd be great.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »

Stop. Buying. Shit.

You don't need Royal Satchels. You don't need another pet. Use your trade skills to sell shit to others who are buying shit.

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    The great thing about having so many proff capped alts is that if you invest the time and energy in them, you can save yourself a crap load of money on gems, enchants, glyphs, etc. And if you take the time to gather the leveling items yourself, you can make a boatload of cash selling off the extras. Doing daillies, even if you don't need the rep are very profitable as well. Thunder Isle is a great place to grab cash, not including the weekly trove run. Hell, the first room itself enough to get a decent amount of gold.

That being said, I've noticed my min-maxer friends, constantly switching stats in order to top the dps charts have the most trouble with money, due to reforge costs and the like. I may have been able to afford the yak mount, but I can understand why other people have only a couple grand to their name.

100k seems fairly unreasonable.

For the most part, the only mounts that ever go that high are the ones of limited availability like the card game ones, and those are player driven prices.

There's the Yak, obviously, but it actually provides utility beyond just being a mount to justify the price. The cost of the two engineering rockets were around 70k iirc, and those were fairly questionable, and again, based purely on player supply.

100k for a single, ground, faction specific mount with unlimited availability, particularly when the other faction is completely free, seems pretty unreasonable.

I'm not arguing that it should just be super cheap, but they could cut that price by 3/4 and it'd be more on the level of what it might be worth. 25k is still a really hefty sum, but isn't insultingly outrageous for something that has absolutely no utility outside of acting like a mount that people already have hundreds of.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    *pushes glasses up nose* technically an investment of time in farming for professions is equivalent to an investment of money, particularly when you could be using that time to acquire something more profitable than the items you receive

liEt3nH.png
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Having been the guy in Cataclysm that had toons at cap for all but 2 classes for most of the expansion. With at least one toon havng each profession maxed out. Then having a JC that had multiple alchemists feeding it with the needed mats on top of the miners and herbers and killing elementals for the elemental mats when mining and herbing didn't cut it. Then playing the AH with my JC and enchanter and a little with blacksmithing, while also making use of people's laziness to get gold off of old content stuff. Finally, also got lucky with some drops that make good money on the AH. I can say that, yeah, 100k for anything really isn't that reasonable. I've gotten over a 100k gold, but that takes effort and a bit of luck, to do in a moderate amount of time.

25k tops is probably where you're hitting the point of really pushing it with the average player. I get they need gold sinks, but I'm not sure that vanity stuff really achieves the effect that they are going for with gold sinks. Sure it forces lots of players to part with gold, but chances are, those are the players that aren't sitting at cap, are the ones with little gold and the ones that only try to farm up gold, when there is something pricey. So I'd argue it's also counter-productive because then it tends to lead to people seeking the services of gold farmers (always felt that is stupid to do. I feel it would be even dumber if they did it for the chopper, glad to see that I'm not the only one that feels that both look like garbage).

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    All this talk reminds me I need to sell off all my MoP era herbs and feasts before they become (more) worthless by WoD coming out.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really do hope it's just push the button and join the que for level 90 MC because it would be a nightmare to go with the way the horde is on Windomere

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    WHen I figured out how to cheese the achievement whisper with made up dates and other nonsense and told a lot of other people the horde basically stopped asking for it

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I wouldn't ever buy a cross-faction chopper for 100k but it doesn't bother me that it's out there.

rare stuff regularly hits the cap on the BMAH and nobody seems too broken up about that

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Yeah, but most of that stuff on BMAH actually looks good.

• NumiNumi Registered User regular
    I guessed it would go for something like 10-25k but 100k is just nutty, especially for the loser of the competition.

And it turns out that OQueue 1.9.7a had some problems that cause the wow client to freak out and stop responding, the new version seems to have fixed it though.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah, but most of that stuff on BMAH actually looks good.

and this high price tag is to make sure you don't have to see that eyesore! B)

liEt3nH.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I think of it this way, it makes the already-existing bike look like an absolute steal at only around 16K on my server! Looks better too.

TBH, I warmed up to the Alliance chopper a bit since I started thinking of him as a snowmobile.

Beta characters wiped... Again.

Really don't feel like going again.

steam_sig.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    TBH I didn't even do any beta levelling beyond getting a feel for the garrison. I hate levelling enough as it is, best to do it only once. I did a heap of dungeon runs on the 100 server though.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    And 6/9 on golds. We have three of the hardest left. Mogu'shan, Brewery and Shado-pan Monastery.

This discussion has been closed.