As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ask an Enforcer! (PAX Volunteer)

124»

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Melayna wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, does PAX supply the enforcers with lunch etc or do you have to provide your own?

Although your ability to acquire or eat snacks while on shift may not be good. If going 6+ hours without food is an issue (and it is for some people), best to make sure you bring your own snacks, and\or discuss food breaks with your area manager.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • KewpieKewpie Registered User regular
    So. Say you get accepted to be an enforcer and everything is great except that when you applied you had a temporary lapse in common sense and didn't wait to see how your uni semester would unfold in terms of due dates and graduation exhibitions etc. Who would you contact to say you can no longer be an enforcer and would such a genuinely awful awful person be black listed from being a PAXAUS enforcer forever after?
    TL:DR; Ohgodwhathaveidoneimgoingtoneedtoleavethestateandformanewidentity. D:

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited August 2014
    Kewpie wrote: »
    So. Say you get accepted to be an enforcer and everything is great except that when you applied you had a temporary lapse in common sense and didn't wait to see how your uni semester would unfold in terms of due dates and graduation exhibitions etc. Who would you contact to say you can no longer be an enforcer and would such a genuinely awful awful person be black listed from being a PAXAUS enforcer forever after?
    TL:DR; Ohgodwhathaveidoneimgoingtoneedtoleavethestateandformanewidentity. D:

You should have received an email when you were accepted, i'd reply to that. PM me if you still need help and we'll get you sorted with the right people.

And since you are communicating now, very un-likely you would be blacklisted. If you just didn't show up, that would be less ideal.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • KewpieKewpie Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    You should have received an email when you were accepted, i'd reply to that. PM me if you still need help and we'll get you sorted with the right people.

And since you are communicating now, very un-likely you would be blacklisted. If you just didn't show up, that would be less ideal.
    That is reassuring, I wasn't sure whether to just email back or get access to the enforcer forums and see if they had a specific channel for handling people cancelling. Emailing back probably means creating the least additional pointless work for them though. Thank you Beker.

• KwaizyKwaizy PAX AUS Enforcer Manager CanberraRegistered User regular
    Kewpie,

If you haven't already, send an email to the address you sent your info to after being accepted. Let us know your exact hours that you're not available and we should be able to work out shifts around then.

Say it with flowers, Send a Triffid.
    Sanity is a slippery slope, and I'm wearing Teflon shoes.