As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2] Heart of Thorns - first expansion announced! Release date betting pool started!

• Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    New players will never know the joy of eating a child's drawing to gain its power.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    So after looking at some things I noticed crafting goes to 500 now. Is that just for Ascended gear?

Yes, with a few exceptions like better sharpening stones/tuning crystals.

If you have the money, and no intention of getting ascended stuff any time soon, I recommend getting yourself to 450, then not making significant progress. At 450 you can start making the Ascended materials, and if you don't want them, sell them to people that do.

• KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    So after looking at some things I noticed crafting goes to 500 now. Is that just for Ascended gear?

Yeah, and only the crafting professions that can make ascended stuff currently go to 500. So all the armor & weapon-making ones go to 500, while Jewelcrafting and Cooking still cap out at 400.

There's been a lot of speculation about when they might up those to 500, and what that might mean. We already have ascended jewelry, and it's WAY cheaper and easier to get than either ascended armor or weapons, so introducing crafted ascended jewelry seems very much moot. But there's been gueses that maybe jewelcrafters will make thing to go in upgrade slots, maybe even infusions! That's purely speculative.

And then there's the hilarity of imagining what would constitute Ascended Food. Like......wat?

• EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    Thanks, I will hop on after work tomorrow. I haven't played GW2 in a long long time. Decided to hop on since I had 24 hour duty on Tuesday. Got my Necro from 40 to 56 and had fun. Sucks that no one runs dungeons unless they are level 80.

Hoping this sucks me back in for awhile. Getting burned out on Hearthstone and don't really have any other games to play besides Diablo 3.

People tend to run story no matter the level. Folks mostly want 80's in the LFG tool for explorable just to get in and out as fast as possible.

• EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    New players will never know the joy of eating a child's drawing to gain its power.

They will never know, by whom's hammer, what savings we once had, nor whether we should sell wine or drink it. These are dark days.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • RilkeRilke Balthazar bless my strength, teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Angry wrote: »
    Sorry for being so salty in chat last night (liquid swords.)

I'm trying to actively keep up with story this time around and I just hate the format they use to deliver it. Just let me go through the story, don't saddle me with npc characters I don't care about in super uninteresting scenarios.

Its ok bro.

Ima start a bad relationship gw2 support group.

I love her but she doesnt treat me how i want.

She is going to have to try harder to pull me back in now that I've been sucked into ArcheAge. Here is to hoping that Tuesday reignites my interest!

edited August 2014

They will never know, by whom's hammer, what savings we once had, nor whether we should sell wine or drink it. These are dark days.

I didn't even think about it until now, but the NPCs in LA now don't really say much.

As tired as I was of hearing about outhouses and whatnot........I miss the flavor. I hope at some point they introduce rotating or updating conversations. Nothing fancy, just little comments here and there. Would be especially cool if the NPCs talked about current Living Story events sometimes.....I'm sure every update isn't doable but it would be neat if someone in Lion's Arch would comment on the giant vines coming out of the ground.

Kylindra on
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    I like to think of that as it's own bit of flavor. With everything the citizens of lions arch have been through over the last two years, the explosions, killings, poison gas, pirate raids, and looming zombie invasions, they now look at a giant spiked vine bursting out of the ground and say "ehh."

• TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Kylindra wrote: »

Yeah, and only the crafting professions that can make ascended stuff currently go to 500. So all the armor & weapon-making ones go to 500, while Jewelcrafting and Cooking still cap out at 400.

There's been a lot of speculation about when they might up those to 500, and what that might mean. We already have ascended jewelry, and it's WAY cheaper and easier to get than either ascended armor or weapons, so introducing crafted ascended jewelry seems very much moot. But there's been gueses that maybe jewelcrafters will make thing to go in upgrade slots, maybe even infusions! That's purely speculative.

And then there's the hilarity of imagining what would constitute Ascended Food. Like......wat?

Clearly, one has to look no farther than Ambrosia for ascended food.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    So I have fun with my Necro soloing as I rarely die, but I was reading the guide and they seem like they are junk when it comes to group play as they really provide no benifit. I was looking at the Elementalist as my next toon as it sounds fun and difficult to play.

What is a good class that people actually like to group with?

I will keep leveling my necro as he is fun in PvP and solo play.

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
    Any class is fine, you'd only hear about "group play" when they talk about dungeons, and even then most groups (because I can't remember all of them) I've been in have never turned down someone because they were a certain class. You'd only run into that if they were super serious about min-maxing, or speed running and even in that section of people they are a minority to the rest of the community. So don't worry about playing as a necro, you'll still find groups.

edited August 2014
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    So I have fun with my Necro soloing as I rarely die, but I was reading the guide and they seem like they are junk when it comes to group play

Sigh. Necros are fine. They don't fit in the current speed-dungeon-clear meta, but in a normal group they contribute quite a bit.

Necros can provide the following to groups:
    • Healing (well of blood, life transfer)
    • Control skills (fears, chills)
    • Debuffs (in particular, poison to cut healing in half)
    • Condition clear (well of power, which actually converts conditions to boons)
    • Boon removal (actually, boon corruption, which is better)

Granted not all necros spec for support, but I do and I find it rather effective. Hybrid support-focused wellomancy is my favorite way to play necro, and it's both durable and a lot of fun.

That said, I run my guardian in fractals, although under protest because it's boring. But having reflects can often be the difference between success and failure, and ANet refuses to give necros reflects. Probably because if we had them we'd be OP. :p

Necromancer is an amazing class. Don't let the haters get you down. Unless your only goal in life is to do speed-dungeon-clears, necromancer is a great class choice.

Kylindra on
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular

CITIZENS

Also necros can tag all the things all the time forever in group events.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I should probably get a better idea how Necros play since I made one with being a minion-master in mind, unaware of how they actually work or how squishy they could be.

Owenashi wrote: »
    I should probably get a better idea how Necros play since I made one with being a minion-master in mind, unaware of how they actually work or how squishy they could be.

This was actually what I was hoping to be when I make a necro in the future. Minion-master seems like it would be fun, but I have no idea how viable it is since I haven't made one yet.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    I seem to remember Minion Master Necros being kinda like Turret Engis: Great for Spvp bunkering, terrible everywhere else.

steam_sig.png
  • VanderbrentVanderbrent Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

They'll also never know the joy in using confusion to defeat those kids in wayfarer foothills who throw snowballs at you for no reason, and get exp and loot from them.

Vanderbrent on
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Necromancers really shine in WuvWuv and sPVP. In regular WuvWuv, a Staff Wellomancer running Plague Form with Chilling Darkness, Focused Rituals, and Transfusion is both an absolute terror to zergs (EVERYONE IS BLINDED AND CHILLED, HOOOORAY!!!) and a boon to allies (OMNOMNOM HEALTH FROM THE ZERG... TRANSFERRED TO MY BUDDIES WOO also enjoy your Well of Blood and Well of Power). When roaming in Edge of the Mists, using Reaper's Mark, Spectral Wall, Spectral Walk, Terror, and Master of Terror means that you can easily fake jumping to your doom, survive long falls from one island to the other, and fear zergs off of narrow bridges AND still get bags from them (terror causes fear to deal damage).

In PVP, it's great fun to run a bunker Necro with Minions using Death Nova. You already have more HP than god; just hang out with your minion bros and a Staff on a point and wait for people to get blown up by your delightful meat bombs.

so TL;DR -- people only think they suck in PVE... and frankly in an open world zerg and in certain events, they are STILL great. Any situation where an NPC dying would fail an event benefits from a healing specc'd Necro, and monsters that use boons really need one. In fact, I often wish more Necros ran around in Dry Top because Mordem Wolves and their Retaliation sucks a looooot.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    You know. . .I haven't been back to see the new Lion's Arch yet. . .

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Necromancers really shine in WuvWuv and sPVP. In regular WuvWuv, a Staff Wellomancer running Plague Form with Chilling Darkness, Focused Rituals, and Transfusion is both an absolute terror to zergs (EVERYONE IS BLINDED AND CHILLED, HOOOORAY!!!) and a boon to allies (OMNOMNOM HEALTH FROM THE ZERG... TRANSFERRED TO MY BUDDIES WOO also enjoy your Well of Blood and Well of Power). When roaming in Edge of the Mists, using Reaper's Mark, Spectral Wall, Spectral Walk, Terror, and Master of Terror means that you can easily fake jumping to your doom, survive long falls from one island to the other, and fear zergs off of narrow bridges AND still get bags from them (terror causes fear to deal damage).

In PVP, it's great fun to run a bunker Necro with Minions using Death Nova. You already have more HP than god; just hang out with your minion bros and a Staff on a point and wait for people to get blown up by your delightful meat bombs.

so TL;DR -- people only think they suck in PVE... and frankly in an open world zerg and in certain events, they are STILL great. Any situation where an NPC dying would fail an event benefits from a healing specc'd Necro, and monsters that use boons really need one. In fact, I often wish more Necros ran around in Dry Top because Mordem Wolves and their Retaliation sucks a looooot.

Lucid, stop pretending. We all know necros, like rangers, are useless in group content. ;)

Joking of course. But seriously, for those looking at what class to play, find what is fun and go with that. If you only play whatever is popular in the meta at the time, and do not like that class's mechanic, you probably won't enjoy the game that much in the end. With respeccing and repair costs now gone, it is much easier to experiment with different builds to find something that works for whatever role you want to fill.

253J736.png
    See: the reason I play a Flamethrower Engineer using Pistol / Shield even though that's not the "optimal" way to play an Engineer. I find grenades and bombs a pain in the ass, I like the Blast Finisher and defensive options on the Shield. Screw being optimal, I'm not here to speedrun Arah anyway, I'm here to meander around the map gathering carrots and setting bandits on fire when they get in my way.

See: the reason I play a Flamethrower Engineer using Pistol / Shield even though that's not the "optimal" way to play an Engineer. I find grenades and bombs a pain in the ass, I like the Blast Finisher and defensive options on the Shield. Screw being optimal, I'm not here to speedrun Arah anyway, I'm here to meander around the map gathering carrots and setting bandits on fire when they get in my way.

You're not meant to use Pistol/Shield with the Flamethrower? How about if you bounce between Flamethrower and Elixir Gun?

• YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Engi shield is dope. A reflect, a knockback, a blast finisher, a block, a stun, and a ranged daze all on one offhand weapon. In my build my shield also does my taxes and gives me foot rubs.

• GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Upcoming Warrior and Thief Changes
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2d0av2/upcoming_thiefwarrior_changes/
    All the changes are now in, apologies for any incorrect stuff in the previous iteration.
    Album of the new tooltips shown on stream: http://imgur.com/a/pZKWI
    Thief
    Traits
    Panic Strike – duration of immobilization too long (5.25s baseline), reduced it to 2.5 s. Reduced the cooldown from 30s to 20s so you will be able to use it more often.
    Invigorating Precision – Increased from 5% to 8% of your crit dmg returned as health to you.
    Ricochet – In addition to bouncing your pistol shots, this trait now Increase the range of your pistol shots. From 900m to 1050m range increase. Also some bug fixes to how Ricochet works, it will bounce more reliability.
    Assasin’s Equilibrium – The amount of stability it grants increased from 1s to 1.5s
    Venomous Aura – Previously, if you applied venom to an ally, they applied conditions using their own stats. You now will use your own condition stats. Other venoms like Leeching Venoms will use your own healing stat. Basilisk Venom, however, remains as an interrupt through the target you have applied the venom to.
    Weapons
    Dagger Strike/Wild Strike/Lotus Strike now hits up to 2 targets. Previous it only hit 1 target and became difficult for targets with pets etc. The defensive measures on these skills such as endurance gain from Wild Strike will only apply once.
    Black Powder – interval of the skill increased from 1 to 2s while the duration of the blind applied decreased to 2s. The projectile still applies 2s of blind.
    Unload – Cast time reduced from 1.75s to 1.5s for overall 20% reduction
    Choking Gas – has a small strike when impacting the ground. If you are in stealth when this ability hits the ground, you will be revealed.In addition, you will be able to apply on crit procs or your venoms to enemies with this ability.
    Flanking Strike – Initiative cost of Flanking Strike and Larcenous Strike have had their initiatives costs changed. Flanking cost gone up from 3 to 4 initiative while Larcenous Strike gone down from 2 to 1 initiative cost. Flanking Strike now requires a hit to turn into Larcenous Strike. This means that you can evade multiple times but it will cost you a bit more initiative.
    Warrior
    Adrenaline
    We reworked how the adrenaline works. Currently, your adrenaline is only consumed if you hit with your skill (i.e. if you miss with Eviscerate, your adrenaline is not consumed). Now If you miss your adrenaline dump skills, you will lose adrenaline. Additionally, Adrenaline will now decay when you leave combat so it is more beneficial for you to use the adrenaline skills rather than carrying them to the next fight.
    Traits
    Rousing Resilience – Give you up to 8s of bonus toughness, increase from previous 4s.
    Brawler’s Recovery – Now remove a single condition on weapon swap rather than just blind.
    Greatsword
    Hundred Blade damage reduced by 5% for the initial strikes, final strike remains same.
    Whirlwind Attack also received 5% damage decrease
    Arcing Slice – This ability is more executioner style, it will deal damage to 5 targets in an area and deal bonus damage to enemies below 50% HP.
    Rifle
    Bleeding Shot – this ability no longer applies Bleed and renamed to Fierce Shot. Fierce Shot has a 20% damage increase and will give extra adrenaline against targets with vulnerability debuff.
    Axe
    Whirling Axe – Axe offhand #5 skill has its damage increased by 17%, cooldown reduced to 15s.
    Mace
    Pulverize – Third strike of your mace autoattack has its cast time reduced by 25%
    Sword
    Impale – This offhand sword skill previous had over 100% upcoming on Torment, we felt this was too much. We have reduced torment duration from 12s to 8s.
    Utilities
    Signet of Rage – boon duration of this ability reduced by 5s (might/fury etc will only last for 25s base), adrenaline gain increased by 50%
    Signet of Might – You now have 6s to deliver unblockable attacks instead of 5 attacks.
    Berserker Stance – Previous this skill gave just under 5 full bars of Adrenaline which was a lot. Adrenaline gain reduced by 40%, you can only get a full 3 bar of adrenaline.
    Banners – Sprint ability no longer give an attack, will remove crippled/chilled and sprint a short instance
    Rampage – We want this elite to make you feel more like a juggernaut when you enter this transform. Reduced the amount of incoming physical damage by 25% meaning that all strikes you take will be reduced. All incoming chilled/crippled/immobilize conditions will be reduced by another 33%. If you have dogged march and this ability you gonna be suffering from almost no movement impairing abilities
    Increased the velocity of Throw Boulder so it is easier for you to stun ranged moving enemies.

edited August 2014
    everybody's like "BUT RIFLE DOES MORE DAMAGE"

and I'm like "Yes but my shield does the dishes, vacuums the floor, and makes coffee and toast in the morning."

*e* Also it means I'm Captain America

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    GW2 is all about looking good while you punch/burn/daze the ever living shit out of things, sometimes we math out how to do the smashing a bit faster but mostly it is about looking Fabulous while doing it.

• TheflyingassTheflyingass Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I've had this game since launch, but I don't have a max level character ( I play this in small bursts on and off), mainly due to my drive to hit endgame has been drained from years of playing WoW. Hell, I didn't have a level 60 in WoW for months after I started because I kept wasting my time wall-walking off the map. The other reason is my drive to explore GW2's gorgeous landscapes for hidden goodies. Stumbled across the larger jump puzzle in Sparkfly Fen earlier.

Went in to grab the POI
    DiuDXLc.jpg

Looks like there's a clicky panel over that gate...
    G19IO8i.jpg

My ability to navigate stacked boxes is unparalleled!
    IePanZf.jpg

O_O
    SPFXP42.jpg

Scratch another jump puzzle off the list!
    1QoJOEo.jpg

The hidden areas in this game always amaze me. They add so much to exploration, and the fact that so much work went into a lot of these places that can go completely unseen by many people on their first go around just sweetens the discovery. I made it a point to not spoil the locations of the hidden areas in a zone (Unless I take a few laps around and find nothing, then I check to see if the zone even has one, because some don't). It'll be a sad day when I finally find them all.

Theflyingass on
    edited August 2014
    Geod wrote: »
    Upcoming Warrior and Thief Changes
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2d0av2/upcoming_thiefwarrior_changes/
    All the changes are now in, apologies for any incorrect stuff in the previous iteration.
    Album of the new tooltips shown on stream: http://imgur.com/a/pZKWI
    Thief
    Traits
    Panic Strike – duration of immobilization too long (5.25s baseline), reduced it to 2.5 s. Reduced the cooldown from 30s to 20s so you will be able to use it more often.
    Invigorating Precision – Increased from 5% to 8% of your crit dmg returned as health to you.
    Ricochet – In addition to bouncing your pistol shots, this trait now Increase the range of your pistol shots. From 900m to 1050m range increase. Also some bug fixes to how Ricochet works, it will bounce more reliability.
    Assasin’s Equilibrium – The amount of stability it grants increased from 1s to 1.5s
    Venomous Aura – Previously, if you applied venom to an ally, they applied conditions using their own stats. You now will use your own condition stats. Other venoms like Leeching Venoms will use your own healing stat. Basilisk Venom, however, remains as an interrupt through the target you have applied the venom to.
    Weapons
    Dagger Strike/Wild Strike/Lotus Strike now hits up to 2 targets. Previous it only hit 1 target and became difficult for targets with pets etc. The defensive measures on these skills such as endurance gain from Wild Strike will only apply once.
    Black Powder – interval of the skill increased from 1 to 2s while the duration of the blind applied decreased to 2s. The projectile still applies 2s of blind.
    Unload – Cast time reduced from 1.75s to 1.5s for overall 20% reduction
    Choking Gas – has a small strike when impacting the ground. If you are in stealth when this ability hits the ground, you will be revealed.In addition, you will be able to apply on crit procs or your venoms to enemies with this ability.
    Flanking Strike – Initiative cost of Flanking Strike and Larcenous Strike have had their initiatives costs changed. Flanking cost gone up from 3 to 4 initiative while Larcenous Strike gone down from 2 to 1 initiative cost. Flanking Strike now requires a hit to turn into Larcenous Strike. This means that you can evade multiple times but it will cost you a bit more initiative.
    Warrior
    Adrenaline
    We reworked how the adrenaline works. Currently, your adrenaline is only consumed if you hit with your skill (i.e. if you miss with Eviscerate, your adrenaline is not consumed). Now If you miss your adrenaline dump skills, you will lose adrenaline. Additionally, Adrenaline will now decay when you leave combat so it is more beneficial for you to use the adrenaline skills rather than carrying them to the next fight.
    Traits
    Rousing Resilience – Give you up to 8s of bonus toughness, increase from previous 4s.
    Brawler’s Recovery – Now remove a single condition on weapon swap rather than just blind.
    Greatsword
    Hundred Blade damage reduced by 5% for the initial strikes, final strike remains same.
    Whirlwind Attack also received 5% damage decrease
    Arcing Slice – This ability is more executioner style, it will deal damage to 5 targets in an area and deal bonus damage to enemies below 50% HP.
    Rifle
    Bleeding Shot – this ability no longer applies Bleed and renamed to Fierce Shot. Fierce Shot has a 20% damage increase and will give extra adrenaline against targets with vulnerability debuff.
    Axe
    Whirling Axe – Axe offhand #5 skill has its damage increased by 17%, cooldown reduced to 15s.
    Mace
    Pulverize – Third strike of your mace autoattack has its cast time reduced by 25%
    Sword
    Impale – This offhand sword skill previous had over 100% upcoming on Torment, we felt this was too much. We have reduced torment duration from 12s to 8s.
    Utilities
    Signet of Rage – boon duration of this ability reduced by 5s (might/fury etc will only last for 25s base), adrenaline gain increased by 50%
    Signet of Might – You now have 6s to deliver unblockable attacks instead of 5 attacks.
    Berserker Stance – Previous this skill gave just under 5 full bars of Adrenaline which was a lot. Adrenaline gain reduced by 40%, you can only get a full 3 bar of adrenaline.
    Banners – Sprint ability no longer give an attack, will remove crippled/chilled and sprint a short instance
    Rampage – We want this elite to make you feel more like a juggernaut when you enter this transform. Reduced the amount of incoming physical damage by 25% meaning that all strikes you take will be reduced. All incoming chilled/crippled/immobilize conditions will be reduced by another 33%. If you have dogged march and this ability you gonna be suffering from almost no movement impairing abilities
    Increased the velocity of Throw Boulder so it is easier for you to stun ranged moving enemies.

Warrior Greatsword is nerfed, I'm so shocked (I'm not shocked). Happy to see the Sword/Axe dual wield I prefer to use on my warrior get a buff with Axe 5 though.

Kinda expected them to change Cleansing Ire in some way though considering how much hate it gets. Maybe the changes in Adrenaline will affect that (since there is less chance of the warrior having full adrenaline at the start of a fight, and if the condi removal requires you actually hitting something...) Was also hoping they would make Healing signet more active (nerfing passive heal, buffing activation heal) since as it stands there is practically no situation where actually using Healing Signet is a good idea.

As for Thief, Yay for Invigorating Precision buff, Yay for Venomous Aura using your stats (Kinda makes me want to try a venom support build) Big Yay for Dagger 1 hitting two targets (especially if it means something similar for Necros) Also, yay for Flanking Strike/Larcenous Strike changes for when fighting a Thief, let's watch him waste all of his initiative dodging attack, then hit him with Analyse and beat him to a pulp. :twisted:

EDIT: Apparently, Cleansing Ire does require you to hit something... unless it's Longbow... maybe, I don't think a dev has said anything about how that one might be changed.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    As a PvE thief, I'm down with these changes. Dagger buff is groovy, and I don't care about PvP nerfs. ;)

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Omg, where are my elementalist changes, etc.

• RilkeRilke Balthazar bless my strength, teach my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Registered User regular
    I think they are revealing the updates for 2 professions each ready up. Therefore, we still have Necro, Ele, Mes, and Guardian to be revealed. I therefore postulate that we won't be seeing the actual changes for another 4 weeks minimum (due to ready ups being released every other week).

edited August 2014
    I know. I'm just being a butt -- which is to say, an average MMO player.

Tim is on the Internet on
    edited August 2014
    As a PvE thief, I'm down with these changes. Dagger buff is groovy, and I don't care about PvP nerfs. ;)

It's kinda funny how the official forums are taking this:

Warrior subforum: Eh, the Adrenaline changes are a bit harsh, but we kinda expected some nerfs.

Thief subforum: OH MY GOD THEY NERFED S/D! THIEF NOW SUCKS FOREVAH!!

...Even though, other than Black powder's blind, that's pretty much the only thing that thieves got nerfed on (unless you count Choking Gas having a strike a nerf)

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    Here's a teaser the data miners can't find:

Guild Missions tonight; get ready for breakfast.

Unless I'm not actually there, in which case breakfast is postponed.

Also possibly relevant: http://youtu.be/UaMoX-wEdfQ

So I've looked at the Necro guide on Dulfy but I'm curious to know what Necro-players here think are good abilities to slot in the Utilities and Elite for a Necro who wants to PvE and be helpful if they should get into group situations. Also, which is the best heal for Necros between the minion and condition-eating ones?

• HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Owenashi wrote: »
    So I've looked at the Necro guide on Dulfy but I'm curious to know what Necro-players here think are good abilities to slot in the Utilities and Elite for a Necro who wants to PvE and be helpful if they should get into group situations. Also, which is the best heal for Necros between the minion and condition-eating ones?

I'll defer to @Kylindra but here's my input:

Joking aside, necros really aren't so good at group support in the current meta (might stacking and blast finishers) beyond just dealing damage. I'd recommend looking into a shroud power build as the autoattack can be traited to pierce, give you might and stack vuln on your target. Utilities and elite don't matter quite so much with that approach. Wells are almost always a good shout and complement staff in open-world events where you should just tag all the things, and well of power is just great wherever you have lots of conditions flying around.

For a condition build (works in PvE but don't exect much group support), I think the best utilities are corruptions, espedially epidemic, with a weapon that lets you often remove or transfer conditions.

Elites are really to taste. Plague is more defensive overall and can maintain blind/chill if traited, Lich is more powerful overall and BFFGolem draws aggro from you when it's not off sniffing flowers or something.

Huggles on
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Sylvari Necromancers are probably you're best bet.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Oh man. is it tuesday yet?

I hate to see warrior get nerfed but.... itll just make me run Hammer with sword/axe vs gs. no big.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Oh man. is it tuesday yet?

I hate to see warrior get nerfed but.... itll just make me run Hammer with sword/axe vs gs. no big.

Those balance changes probably aren't going to go through until at least the second update after this one, as they still have to show the planned changes to Guardian, Necro, Ele, and Mesmer.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.