As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EverQuest Next] Details revealed. Press embargo ended. Beta registration open.

1394041424345»

• Options
    PhantPhant Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Yup... back from vacation just in time for the beta window to close in my face. :<

Nice to know I'm not the only one!

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I must be a goddamn idiot cause I just bought the cheapest steam pack for 7 bucks, despite not even being able to run the goddamn game last time I was in it.

Oh look all the problems I had still exist and I cant play it, only this time I was stupid enough to give money for the pleasure. Joy.

• Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    I had plenty of issues last time they gave me 7 days to do nothing with the game, though I'm still tempted to grab the trailblazer pack. Mostly due to all the people raging over the sale (early access, limited time, rabble rabble).

XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    I don't know if this helps anyone, but there was a thread on reddit about locking your framerate to 30 fps if you're having issues with it going up and down wildly:

http://www.reddit.com/r/landmark/comments/2bwxhi/is_there_anyway_i_can_lock_fps_to_30/

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Voro wrote: »
    I had plenty of issues last time they gave me 7 days to do nothing with the game, though I'm still tempted to grab the trailblazer pack. Mostly due to all the people raging over the sale (early access, limited time, rabble rabble).

A lot of idiots on steam saw the pre-order/early access packages being sold as DLC and lost their mind over "WUBBA HARRRRGLB DLC FOR A GAME IN CLOSED BETA MONEY GRUBBING JAMBAAGLR"

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Am I the only one grumbly that they lowered the founder packages so much? I kinda felt like a good chunk of the $100 was for having cool stuff that showed I was OG. Dropping the package to $30 kinda rubs in that it was a cash grab.
    Not mad, will still play... just grumbly.
    Edit: OH AND ANOTHER THING. Also grumbly that since I was an early adopter, I can't have a Steam key. Grumble.

Madpoet on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    They charged people $100 to beta test a product for them and this makes it a cash-grab?

• Options
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Am I the only one grumbly that they lowered the founder packages so much? I kinda felt like a good chunk of the $100 was for having cool stuff that showed I was OG. Dropping the package to $30 kinda rubs in that it was a cash grab.
    Not mad, will still play... just grumbly.
    Edit: OH AND ANOTHER THING. Also grumbly that since I was an early adopter, I can't have a Steam key. Grumble.

Welcome to gaming.

• Options
    Glal wrote: »
    They charged people $100 to beta test a product for them and this makes it a cash-grab?
    That's the disconnect. They were charging for early access to a game. I was paying for the promise of a bigger epeen. Now my epeen is smaller, and I am sad. :(

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    The only solution is to build a bigger epeen, next to a spire where everyone can see it and tremble in awe.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Decomposey wrote: »
    The only solution is to build a bigger epeen, next to a spire where everyone can see it and tremble in awe.

My name is Madpoet, king of kings. Look on my works ye mighty and despair!

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    I wonder if there would be repercussions for building a 80 story tall wang.

• Options
    The Taj Ma'balls?

• Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    The Taj Ma'balls?

That is far funnier than it should be.

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    So I was out of town for a couple of days and I forgot to pay upkeep before I left. I came back this evening to see that I lost my claim earlier this morning and ran back as fast as I could. Right as I got there, I saw that there were a group of people surveying the area, so I threw down a flag to make sure I could keep it. I know that was a dick move, but I told them that I had that spot earlier, threw down the template as proof and all was good.

The only problem was getting the template in a good enough spot, because where I live now is mountainous, and trying to put down a fully built template on rocky terrain is hell. I took this as an opportunity to delete most of what I had built, and leave the floor plan templated for later. That way, when Open Beta/Launch comes around, I won't have to wait as long/grind as many resources to get something back. Also, it will help me in case I decide to move to somewhere with more flat terrain. As far as the inevitable server wipe goes (whenever it'll happen), all I'm really worried about is finding that same spot for my claim. Everything else (resources, tools, etc. etc.) I don't have a problem with losing, save for templates. I'm confident those will be safe, though, since they're needed for the Player Workshop.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I had a similar thing happen, though no one was looking at my so far from spawn that any further and you'd be underwater claim. It was also on top of a mountain so getting the template in the right spot was murder. So I decided to just make something completely different, testing cutting out large chunks of earth and making a natural looking cavern. And it turned out rather well! Since I will with no shame show off, it's like the second or thrid option in the gallery if you search under Caves, called Arsani's Grotto.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    So do claims extend indefinitely above and blow your claim site..or can someone come along and dig out under you/build above you

I've yet to get the game stable enough to actually find a place and plant my claim flag to find out for myself.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    So do claims extend indefinitely above and blow your claim site..or can someone come along and dig out under you/build above you

I've yet to get the game stable enough to actually find a place and plant my claim flag to find out for myself.

Claims have a specific height, it's quite large but not indefinite. So when you place your claim, make sure to take into account whether you want to build down or up: you can get a huge tower, a huge basement, or a balance of both directions depending on preference. People can't dig under/above you for the same reason they can't dig right next to you--claim buffers. And there's always the option to do an attached claim to your original claim.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    You can change whether you want your claim boundaries to be lower or higher up from the ground; scroll on the mouse wheel while placing a claim. I usually build above ground so what I do is get the bottom border of the claim to get just enough space so that I can build on ground level, while still getting a lot of space for up-ward expansion.

In addition, there is a large space of area that is surrounding your claim that is considered "off-limits" to build on. If you click on "Show claimable land" or something like that on the map, you'll see what I mean. So even if there is room underground, nobody can build that close to you.

Sometimes those zones overlap with another's, and I'm not sure who gets the right to build there though. I understand that there is no feasible way to extend that far out right now, I'm talking about when Claims 2.0 comes out, or whenever we can build more than 2 attachments on a claim.

TolerantZero on
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    JediNight wrote: »
    The Taj Ma'balls?

That is far funnier than it should be.

no I will not touch your balls

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Hey guys! GUILDS ARE HERE. @TolerantZero, it's the moment we've been waiting for!
    Talith wrote: »
    Could always fallback on typical PA guild names, stuff revolving around Arcadia, Cardboard Tubes, Clawshrimps, etc.

How about "Arcadian Architects"?

With huge press and exciting announcements coming out about Landmark with SOELive next week, I want to get 1) a PA Landmark guild going and 2) Give Landmark its own thread. Right now it's in stealth mode, disguising itself as a part of EQNext, which it really isn't, especially since the name change awhile ago.

So. Unless there are suggestions/objections in the next couple of days, I'm going to found the Arcadian Architects guild in Landmark, and then give Landmark the thread it deserves. I figure SOELive might have exciting updates about EQNext also, so the EQNexters will probably want this thread back around that time as well. :)

Kylindra on
  • Options
    Oh and also the patch notes are pretty exciting other than just the addition of guilds:

https://forums.station.sony.com/landmark/index.php?threads/update-notes-08-07-2014.45642/

We've got guilds, glass voxels, new ice textures, improvement to the water texture, and a huge list of new props that have kind of a "party time" theme (drinks, cakes, kegs, spotlights!)

Screenshot of some of the new props:
    361.png

Oh oh oh. Upkeep can now be paid 15 days in advance. TWO WEEKS without losing your claim, folks!!!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Kylindra wrote: »
    Oh oh oh. Upkeep can now be paid 15 days in advance. TWO WEEKS without losing your claim, folks!!!

Wait, so can this be stacked on top of having four claims, paying that 15 days advance, then deleting two of those claims for 30 days of upkeep?

EDIT: I just tested this and yes, this still works. You can place more claims down to add more upkeep, remove the claims and still keep your current pool. That means, if you have one claim and put down three more, max the upkeep pool, then remove those three claims, you could have up to two months of upkeep. Doing this with two claims would make it 30 days.

TolerantZero on
  • Options

Wait, so can this be stacked on top of having four claims, paying that 15 days advance, then deleting two of those claims for 30 days of upkeep?

EDIT: I just tested this and yes, this still works. You can place more claims down to add more upkeep, remove the claims and still keep your current pool. That means, if you have one claim and put down three more, max the upkeep pool, then remove those three claims, you could have up to two months of upkeep. Doing this with two claims would make it 30 days.

Have you reported that exploit? Sounds like the kind of thing they'd like to know about. ;)

• Options

Have you reported that exploit? Sounds like the kind of thing they'd like to know about. ;)

Reading through the forums, it's been a thing since claims were first implemented and they haven't addressed it yet. I read a (singular) post that mentioned a dev member saying it was okay to use as a workaround for the current limitation, but I'd take that with a grain of salt because I can't for the life of me find that dev post.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    SOE Live is this weekend! The first EQ Next panel starts in about twenty minutes (1pm est) and should be streaming on twitch or something. I'm at work on my phone so I don't feel like tracking down the link, but a quick Google should turn it up.

Gonna be interesting to see what they've put together in the past year, since everything since the reveal has been all Landmark. I hope there's more of an actual game to show this time!

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So far I like what I see about EQN combat.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Okay, Landmark guild Arcadian Architects created, and Landmark has its very own thread now! This thread is officially surrendered to pure EQNext. :)

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Stuck at work but anything good and more chewy to ... well ... chew on about EQN and not just Landmark?

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU6LzCBPlCU

The EQN portion of the keynote, including the presented classes, is up on youtube.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    Do we know anything about the aggro mechanics for this game yet? That was what ultimately drove me away from Guild Wars 2, the garbage aggro system.

The Tempest sounds pretty dope.

• Options
    All the combat that was shown was against humanoid characters... presumably all revealed classes as well so there is no way of determining aggro rules. They very well may not have even decided on them yet.

What I would love to know is if there will be east coast servers physically located on the east coast. The game being what it is connection quality will be what determines what server I play on.

7244qyoka3pp.gif