As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Do people really pay 300g for Arcanite Bars ?

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Congrats Sam. I think I might just do one of those paid runs for a CM clear just to get them all knocked out in a couple of hours. I'm fortunate enough to have a decent amount of cash so I can afford to do that on one or two characters, then build the cash pile back up via professions in WoD.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Congrats Sam. I think I might just do one of those paid runs for a CM clear just to get them all knocked out in a couple of hours. I'm fortunate enough to have a decent amount of cash so I can afford to do that on one or two characters, then build the cash pile back up via professions in WoD.

What kind of numbers do those run?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    100K on my server.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    As loathe as I am to say it, I'm considering getting back into wow especially looking at the prices for cataclysm and pandaria on amazon.

Does everyone go to a specific server and guild here?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    As loathe as I am to say it, I'm considering getting back into wow especially looking at the prices for cataclysm and pandaria on amazon.

Apparently Blizzard bumped everyone up to Cataclysm a while back so if you previously had an account I would assume you already have it; I stopped playing in 2008 (pre Lich King) and as of this week (first time since then that Ive accessed my account) I have Cataclysm. Pandaria being like $10 or whatever has piqued my interest in it as well.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    emp123 wrote: »

Apparently Blizzard bumped everyone up to Cataclysm a while back so if you previously had an account I would assume you already have it; I stopped playing in 2008 (pre Lich King) and as of this week (first time since then that Ive accessed my account) I have Cataclysm. Pandaria being like $10 or whatever has piqued my interest in it as well.

I haven't played since lich king as well and that would explain why I was able to play as worgen in the starter edition.

BTW I love the new talent and skill system.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    My search for the Time Lost Protodrake isn't going too well. I have killed Vyragosa NINE times. Still no drake.

So mad.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular

Not in here, I think SE has a Horde guild though
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    My search for the Time Lost Protodrake isn't going too well. I have killed Vyragosa NINE times. Still no drake.

So mad.

Man I think I was in double digits on Vyragosa before I got mine. It's just one of those things where you park in a good hunting spot with background sound on so your rare alert mod can sound off while you're burning through (insert TV series you always wanted to watch but haven't yet).

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Halfmex wrote: »

What kind of numbers do those run?

Seems to run around 90-100k depending on the server. My server's a no-go for it, but plenty of people on other servers (I'm looking at Area 52 personally) have alts on a few different servers and can get the gold over to themselves via other means. At least that's what I've read on it.

Edit: And those prices are for 9/9 full clears. Many groups also sell the runs piecemeal if you only need a few specific dungeons golded.

Halfmex on
    Lorahalo wrote: »

So mad.

By the time I actually got a Vyragosa kill for that achievement, I had gotten TLP for myself, saw TLP again and helped a guildmate get it, and another time when someone else was getting it.

I have no damn clue why I had such a hard fucking time getting Vyragosa. I had never intended on farming the TLP, it was a complete accident trying to find what should have been a far less rare, rare. :rotate:

Paper-Covered Rock dropped for me finally. Just got Vial of Reddish Ooze (scenario chest) and Mingus Diggs's Shovel (Tol'vir archeaology) to go to complete Collect Your Deck/Deck Your Collection.

Epic shirt here I come.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I thought when you boosted a character you got the trade skills with all the things you learned from the trainers?
    and 1k in gold?

• AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    You only get the trade skill boost for a character at or over level 60.

Totally worth it. Used my boost on my warrior at Level 60 and had Engineering/Blacksmithing as my professions. Bam, both at 600 instantly, which probably saved me well over 30K gold.

• MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Any tips for getting honor geared? I used to suffer through BGs, but I don't know if I can do that again... especially with such shitty horde queue times.
    Would dungeons be worth it as a tank for a freshly (EDIT)geared leveled 90? Would I be able to hold aggro at all? My gear is like a mishmash of shit, average 480+ ilvl. I do have a 522 honor weapon from doing BGs as I leveled. Plus now with the worse conversation ratio (500 -> 250) I'm not completely convinced dungeons would be the way to go.

Monsty on
    edited August 2014
    Are you looking to get honor geared for actual PvP or a jump start on PvE?

Because if it's the latter, weapon aside, it's not really the best way to go. If it's the former, then I'd do the daily Call to Arms and the Isle of Thunder PvP dailies first. After that, it's just kinda up to you.

Depending on your server population you might try farming the Krasarang 5.1 rares, iirc they drop tokens that can give a decent amount of honor (but I really don't recall) and are pretty easy.

As far as dungeons go, the switch in conversion makes it not as appealing but since there's little other use for JP currently, and you still get quite a bit dungeon running, you might as well; at the very least to spice up BG doings.

And yeah, since MoP pvp stats are outside of normal itemization, so 522 honor gear has the same itemization of non-pvp stats as any equal ilvl PvE gear. However the stats aren't itemized focusing on PvE so it won't beat the same level PvE gear...

My point is that despite the fact that you'll get some dumbasses bitching at you, 522 honor gear is way more than enough to farm LFD for JP, even as a tank.

The Dude With Herpes on

I'm definitely just going to PvP. Thanks for reminding me about the Isle of Thunder dailies. I can never remember that.

I think I have a decent bench of folks I can try to convince to carry my weak ass in some BGs maybe. That might be what I have to do. (I will wait until they're drunk and can't say no!)

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Totally worth it. Used my boost on my warrior at Level 60 and had Engineering/Blacksmithing as my professions. Bam, both at 600 instantly, which probably saved me well over 30K gold.

Ones definition of worth it depends on time available vs gold available.

steam_sig.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    No I have both the skills to 600 but I don't have anything learned from when she was 70

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I guess I should finally pick up pet battling. There's so much flavor stuff linked to it now

Monsty wrote: »
    I'm definitely just going to PvP. Thanks for reminding me about the Isle of Thunder dailies. I can never remember that.

I think I have a decent bench of folks I can try to convince to carry my weak ass in some BGs maybe. That might be what I have to do. (I will wait until they're drunk and can't say no!)

The GH pvp dailies from WOTLK still give a decent amount too, and if you don't find repeated losses and getting GY farmed too depressing you can queue AV which has a hilariously short queue for Horde

• DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    Make sure to kill the 3 rare spawns in Krasarang Wilds once per day. They drop 250 honor each (modified by guild perks to 263), and spawn 30 minutes to an hour after dying. Them plus the honor quests in Thunder Isle will net you 1250 per day.

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    The guild banner also increases their honor by a truckload.

• DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    Oh! I didn't think of that at all.

"He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
    Legendary cloak on my mage. Second one total and the last one.

Nice nice nice. Thanks all. Going to farm some honor once I can see.

• Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Samphis wrote: »
    And 6/9 on golds. We have three of the hardest left. Mogu'shan, Brewery and Shado-pan Monastery.
    I'd consider SPM quite easy tbh, I know it's long as hell but it also has a very generous timer 25 mins for gold iirc
    from what i remember we wiped once on that bridge thing, as in everyone died, ran back in just to finish it before reseting and still made gold and that was before we read about the orbs abuse mechanic

brewery is quite hard otoh and a punishing timer :stuck_out_tongue:
    mogu as far as tanking goes it's only that first pull that's really hard, but "PUSH EVERYTHING" usually works ^^, rest is quite easy, oh and there is an extra patrol before the final boss room you can and should avoid ^^

Enosh20 on
    So pet battles get arguably better when you're facing tamers and there's strategy involved etc, but man, the grinding is awful. Spent about 5 hours on it, built a team to level 15-17, just finished the Kalimdor trainers, probably hop over to EK and clean those up. I just want to get a team to 25 so I can get the last brawler challenge card. At least that's a guaranteed drop

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Ha, that's literally exactly the only reason why I did pet battling, for the brawler card. The grinding is so ridiculously slow that there's no way I'm going to take the time to make a full 25 team capable of doing high level pet battles.

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    Make sure your 25 team is basically all flying if you only want the card. The penguin you have to fight is really hard unless you throw 3 birds at him.

Well, I don't really want to quit pet battling after this, though. I enjoy it actually! I just don't enjoy the leveling and running around searching for random wild pets to fight part. The strategy and builds and etc I like. It's just a shame that the leveling part is the worst part, and also the FIRST part.

• OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    From what I've heard, once you get one team to 25 it's relatively easy to level a pet every day just by doing the dailies.
    Unfortunately, I still have to get my first level 25 pet. :(

From what I've heard, once you get one team to 25 it's relatively easy to level a pet every day just by doing the dailies.
    Unfortunately, I still have to get my first level 25 pet. :(

Yeah that's what I heard, and why I'm basically using the brawler shirt as an excuse, and then hopefully the rest of it proves good enough to stand on its own.

I wish they didn't try and make it so much like pokemon though. Like, instead of having every pet start at level X, make your "account" level 1-25 or whatever. There's a lot of trainer quests/dailies/etc, they should have made separate "pet battle xp" that only levels your tamer level, and that's what causes your pets to increase in level. The pet matchmaking tries to match you with tamers of the same approximate skill/level, instead just use scaling to do that.

General rule of thumb is to have a mechanical (or something with mechanical moves) as one of your first 25s, there are a lot of places that are full of beasts to grind on.

I'd go Magical Crawdad second for the heals.

Mini-Thor, Grunty, and MC were my first 3

Nobody wrote: »
    General rule of thumb is to have a mechanical (or something with mechanical moves) as one of your first 25s, there are a lot of places that are full of beasts to grind on.

I'd go Magical Crawdad second for the heals.

Mini-Thor, Grunty, and MC were my first 3

I also read that healing is pretty awesome to have for a starter team, so I went mechanical/healing with Mini-XT, Onyxia whelpling, and then mini-Chromaggus since it's just a highly rated pet on a lot of the pet battle sites

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    A lot of the pet battle grinding for me was grinding up pets for the sole purpose of soloing some trainers, who would in turn level up other pets that could solo other trainers, and so on and so on until I could take down any MoP fight with 1-2 pets and grind even more pets.

Off the top of my head, the Anubisath Idol can completely solo the master in kun-lai. He's also a key fighter in duoing other fights as well. Well worth it to get one up.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Yeah, just for the sake of time, I'm pretty committed to my team now, at least until I can reliably use them to power level other pets. I've got the Anubisath idol, along with a bunch of other pets (is the fluxfire feline still completely broken?) ready to go when leveling isn't as much of a thing anymore

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I did some pet battling today....I have no idea what I'm doing but I think I'm digging the pokemon vibe.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Once you get two pets to 25 it's trivial to grind the rest. Start with leveling just enough to cap the magic eyes from karazhan, use it to get birds from dragonblight, use dragonblight birds to destroy aquatic pets near the panda cities.

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    If I recall correctly, the robot cats in the gnome starting area are great starter pets

This discussion has been closed.