As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    I'd be happy to help you.

I won't have time for at least 2 weeks though.
    robothero wrote: »
    Larry I will help. I am good at thinking of crazy rules.
    Hell, I'd be glad to have help from both of you. Robot and I can work up the rules, Ardor you can help balance everything and make tweaks, then we can all work together running it so no one loses too much sleep.
    Plus I'm still behind 11 other games, so even with people dropping out we've got some time. Could run some test mini-games too.

Sounds good to me.

Ardor on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Have Ardor send out all PMs in the Phalla. I hear he quite likes it.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited September 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

:v:

Ardor on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Christ, man. I can only imagine the huge pain in the ass this phalla must be.

Should have handed out more grenades.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited September 2007

Why do you think it takes MrBlarney and I each like 4 hours of work to finish every night?

I'll tell you one thing. While I wish I was in the game, I'm having a lot of fun running this with MrBlarney. I've made enough smaller mistakes to at least one individual and made another mistake earlier on, otherwise, I'm hoping it's all going well and I hope people find it fun.

I'm also hoping it wasn't as difficult as people thought at first glance. Those tests I ran were to determine fatal flaws and whether or not it was overwhelming. Nobody really complained about that, so I figured we'd be alright.

Ardor on
    edited September 2007

Why do you think it takes MrBlarney and I each like 4 hours of work to finish every night?

I'll tell you one thing. While I wish I was in the game, I'm having a lot of fun running this with MrBlarney. I've made enough smaller mistakes to at least one individual and made another mistake earlier on, otherwise, I'm hoping it's all going well and I hope people find it fun.

I'm also hoping it wasn't as difficult as people thought at first glance. Those tests I ran were to determine fatal flaws and whether or not it was overwhelming. Nobody really complained about that, so I figured we'd be alright.
    It is fun. I don't think it's complicated, but I haven't been worrying about hit values and that. I just can't imagine all the work.

4 hours? Really? I can't believe all the work you two are putting in for others amusement.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited September 2007

It is fun. I don't think it's complicated, but I haven't been worrying about hit values and that. I just can't imagine all the work.

4 hours? Really? I can't believe all the work you two are putting in for others amusement.

I'm not sure if/when we will ever run this one again. Besides, we wanted to really go all out to see how it would work and we wanted to give everyone a lot of options for things to do. I'm big into strategy if you couldn't tell, so I'm fine with putting the time into it because I think people would enjoy it.

If I had more time, I'd love to try running this again here or in SE++ or something. I think enough people would enjoy it to try again or try for the first time.

Ardor on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    There's already people proposing starting their own PR in ++, so maybe you should get yourself on their list before someone beats you to it. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2007
    I would go to SE++ to join PR again.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited September 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    There's already people proposing starting their own PR in ++, so maybe you should get yourself on their list before someone beats you to it. :P

Heck no, if someone wants to run this over there, I'll go over there as a player. I'd love to give the game a shot as a player.

Ardor on
    edited September 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Heck no, if someone wants to run this over there, I'll go over there as a player. I'd love to give the game a shot as a player.
    I'd do it, but way to much work for me. If it was more traditional, then I would do it.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited September 2007

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007

Squashua on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I'm so in for that, assuming there's enough time for me to rest between the two.

But this time I'm going straight for somebody's throat, like God intended.

I will lose my phallakill virginity.

I've been so patient.

Seriously on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Can I get pushed back 3 spots? Right now I don't have time to run a game.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I've decided to go with Gods of Phalla for my theme; Phoenix Wright: Turnabout Phalla will have to wait for another time.

I may or may not force Ardor into helping me. ;-)

EDIT: Though, noticing that PsychoLarry1 will be going right before me, I may recruit someone else. Anyone who likes to write narrations want to help me out?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2007
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I've decided to go with Gods of Phalla for my theme; Phoenix Wright: Turnabout Phalla will have to wait for another time.

EDIT: Though, noticing that PsychoLarry1 will be going right before me, I may recruit someone else. Anyone who likes to write narrations want to help me out?

I'm mediocre at best with narrations, but if you want help with the game I'd be glad to help out.

Ardor on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

I always enjoy writing narrations. So if you need/want someone to help with that I'm willing to lend my services.

Locus on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Thanks, you two. Once it gets closer to the run date, I'll give you more info.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2007
    Locus wrote: »

I always enjoy writing narrations. So if you need/want someone to help with that I'm willing to lend my services.
    May I inquire if I could have your services as well?

Gorilla Salad on
    edited September 2007

May I inquire if I could have your services as well?
    Of course. I'll gladly help anybody who wants it, just as long as I am familiar with the source material (or I can get familiar with it fairly quickly). Doesn't seem to be a problem with you or Blarney so I should be good to go.

And! As long as I'm here I might as well get my name back on the list, though with a year+ waiting time, who knows if I'll even be able to host when my next turn comes up. Theme as of now is the 47 Ronin.

Also! As long as I'm here, I'll probably be ready with a mini-phalla or two in the next couple of weeks, which will be (sort of) continuations of the story I started in the Greatwood phalla.

Locus on
    edited September 2007
    If you've never seen captain planet, well, don't worry. It's just more of a general idea thing anyway. A screenplay based on a short story based on the hit TV show Captain Planet, really.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited September 2007
    I can't even read the words "Captain Planet" without starting to sing the theme song in my head. Yeah, I'll be fine.

Locus on
    edited September 2007
    I can't even read the words "Captain Planet" without starting to sing the theme song in my head. Yeah, I'll be fine.
    Alright.

Gorilla Salad on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    heartls7.jpg

Squashua on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If you've never seen captain planet, well, don't worry. It's just more of a general idea thing anyway. A screenplay based on a short story based on the hit TV show Captain Planet, really.
    With Planeteer Alerts.

They'll have nothing to do with gameplay; I just have a bunch running around in my head for the fun of it.

I seem to have written Wheeler as a cross between Bender and Cartman.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't see Infidel as having any posts for a month now. Do you think Balefuego and I should go next if he doesn't step up?

Plutonium on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I kind of hope he shows up. I'm curious what he's got planned for the theme.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You know who I would love to see again? Lady Eri.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited September 2007
    She'll be back. Just takes the right theme.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    She's been in at least two since the Soviet phalla, maybe more.

Smasher on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

Yeah, I still feel mildly bad about that whole thing. You know as well as I that she never told me a damn thing.

I was sad to see her go out in Haunted House like she did. That was a great stab at a fake role PM.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited September 2007
    Yeah she was awesome, even if it took me a long time to forgive her for insinuating that I had read the dead thread in the Phalliad (to be fair, she only insinuated that someone had read it, but I started the bandwagon in question in the living thread).

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
    edited September 2007
    She was in our team in the Phalla Phalla. She's a clever player; helpful to have around.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Yeah, I still feel mildly bad about that whole thing. You know as well as I that she never told me a damn thing.

I was sad to see her go out in Haunted House like she did. That was a great stab at a fake role PM.

It was lame that the only reason she lost it was because of the image hosting.

Plutonium on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »

It was lame that the only reason she lost it was because of the image hosting.

Well it wasn't the only reason, her abilities were a bit weird and if I had to believe one of the two it wouldn't have been hers, but it was damn well close enough I wouldn't have been shocked to find out I'd been wrong.

Granted, the whole image hosting thing is why their was no question. Without that the public vote may well have been undecided enough to buy her some time.

Really, that should probably be a suggestion for those using images in PM's: Offer to host any images players request you to on the same webspace.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2007
    a history lesson as told by robothero

vampire phalla - the one where my cherry popped on the first night
    phallanoia - the one where i helped the bad guys win
    gnome phalla - the one where i was a bad guy and died early
    zodiac phalla - the one where i was a bad guy and died near the end, but had an awesome team
    comic phalla - the one where everyone thought i was a bad guy, then a good guy, then i died and came back to life
    haunted phalla - the one where i was killed by my own teammate night 1
    insane phalla - the one where i had no clue what was going on the entire time
    court phalla - the one where DA tried to convince everyone i was bad
    ss13 phalla - the one where i was a bad guy and we were flawless
    file phalla - the one where i was a guardian but wasnt very good at it
    alliance phalla - the one where i subbed in as God-Emperor PrecisionK and launched havoc to the masses, convincing them i was a bad guy
    greatwood phalla - the one where i was a villager, and sacrificed myself for a good guy victory
    robot phalla - the one that i hosted
    phalla royale - the one where i was a bad guy and ran away with victory (pun)

dnd phallas

salem phalla - the one where i was a bad guy and forgot to send in orders one night
    ad astra phalla - the one where i was a bad guy and we won thanks to cheez being hard to read
    phalla phalla - the one where i played DA but ironically was not a bad guy

i think there are some other DnD ones but i forget off the top of my head

look at how bad i am!

Unknown User on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I made a bunch of mistakes hosting the Haunted phalla.

Hopefully the next one I do will be better. Will try and improve the map system, make it a whole town with multiple groups etc etc

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2007
    i liked your game alot, it was fun to watch

*shakes fist at B:L*

Unknown User on
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    i liked your game alot, it was fun to watch

*shakes fist at B:L*

I basically tried any crazy idea I had, kamikazee type vigilantes for example.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
This discussion has been closed.