As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Monday, August 27, 2012 - Campaign Mode

2»

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Man don't bitch about planets in religion when there is a goddamn talking firebush in the religion claimed by every previous president. It's odd because it's not what 'YOU' are used to hearing. That's all.

Now if you want to talk about the church's previous banning of black spiritual leaders or current anti-homosexual campaigns, shit that has a practical impact on the nation that's what we have threads in d&d for.

Ps-apparently the creator of battlestar galactica was Mormon!

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Man don't bitch about planets in religion when there is a goddamn talking firebush in the religion claimed by every previous president. It's odd because it's not what 'YOU' are used to hearing. That's all.

Now if you want to talk about the church's previous banning of black spiritual leaders or current anti-homosexual campaigns, shit that has a practical impact on the nation that's what we have threads in d&d for.

This is all very true.

But I can't find anything about Glen Larson being a Mormon. Maybe confusing Kobol with Kolob?

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Yeah the Obama drawing is disappointing compared to the Romney one.

It could be better but man, I will give it this: It's not viciously racist like some political cartoonist's renditions and it's recognizable as a human being instead of some sort of weird stick insect.
    (That guy's won two Pulitzers for cartooning by the way)
    ((I know too much about terrible political cartoons))

mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

This is all very true.

But I can't find anything about Glen Larson being a Mormon. Maybe confusing Kobol with Kolob?
    http://www.mormonwiki.com/Glen_A._Larson

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Randy Pinkwood looks so tired and flaccid.

I don't think politics are his bag.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Groosenat0rGroosenat0r http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy70Z6x00TM SkyloftRegistered User regular
    Randy Pinkwood looks so tired and flaccid.

I don't think politics are his bag.

Agreed. I hope they feature him again soon in a more proper "Randy Pinkwood" situation: "This election coverage is getting hard and tense folks. You know what else is hard? The 12 inch one-eyed snake living in my pants! More on my wang tonight at 11! "

• Options
    YtinasniYtinasni Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    don't they have like

a whole thing against political comics?

they specifically avoid making any political statement in this comic

they're just making fun of the election app thing on Xbox

And subtly explaining parts of each candidates platform with clever euphamism.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Yeah the Obama drawing is disappointing compared to the Romney one.

It could be better but man, I will give it this: It's not viciously racist like some political cartoonist's renditions and it's recognizable as a human being instead of some sort of weird stick insect.
    (That guy's won two Pulitzers for cartooning by the way)
    ((I know too much about terrible political cartoons))

That cartoon gave me cancer.

I just... I don't even...

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular

This is all very true.

http://www.mormonwiki.com/Glen_A._Larson

I stand corrected! Curse you regular Wikipedia!

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    "If you like your druid, you can keep him/her!" ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe