As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gamer's Bucket List

CennediCennedi A strange manA strange landRegistered User regular
While talking with a friend of mine (who will incidentally attending PAX this year as well), I started to think on how big a thing PAX really is to a lot of people, myself included. Add on attempting to make a tour of Valve, and that just brings up the idea of a Gamer's Bucket List.

So here is my question to the community of PAXmen and PAXwomen. Outside of playing this or that video game, what is on your Gamer's Bucket List?

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
[ X ] Badge
[ X ] Hotel
[ X ] Plane
Wish me luck!

• RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    To actually finish a game without yelling at it

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    I want to have a drink with Rami from Vlambeer.

I'd also like to make it out to Computex and both of the big Dreamhack events at some point.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • Bob20021Bob20021 Registered User regular
    If i had the chance to meet Reggie Fils-Aime, i would shit. Oh man....

• DustyStarrDustyStarr Registered User regular
    To develop games, and maybe work on a Nintendo franchise.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I did a shot with Hideo Kojima, I don't even think I can come up with something better than that.

• Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Find the original Polybius. Its out there somewhere!

Hoboking006 on
    May PAX be upon you.
  • The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    To play all the (true) Final Fantasy titles, both in English and the original Japanese.

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • ElderbornElderborn Registered User regular
    To finish all my single player games before PAX.

• SantODiablO83SantODiablO83 Registered User regular
    Get the world record in Metal Slug.

• BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Elderborn wrote: »
    To finish all my single player games before PAX.

Be reasonable, man! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    Meet Koji Kondo. Meet Lee Jackson. Meet Tkashi Tateishi and Manami Matsumae. Meet Hirokazu Tanaka... The Greats! Music is my universal language (yeah, 3/14/15 9:26 might be math's greatest timestamp in our lifetime), but video game music has moved me ever since Pitfall 2's victory song! \m/

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    become friends with Mr. Sark because he seems like a cool dood. Own an occulus rift. My gamer list is moderate.

• LindabearLindabear Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    My gamers bucket list...

To have a drink with Dean Hall, meet Ellen McLain, take a photo with Gabe, and make at least one friend during PAX.

I know I attended the pre-PAX dinner last year, but it would be nice to meet the folks from this forum... Having a face to a name would be awesome!

Sounds doable...

Lindabear on
    PAX Prime 2013 [X]
    PAX Prime 2014 [X]
    PAX Prime 2015 [X]
  • ElliadElliad Registered User regular
    Lindabear, if you want to meet Ellen McLain, you should check out the Pink Party Prime. They just announced on their Facebook page today (Aug 8) that she is going to be one of the Cosplay judges.

Attended
    PAX Prime 2014
  • gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    Mine: To actually finish Fallout 3 100%
    My fiance's: To actually play Twilight Imperium

• CosmopolitanCosmopolitan Registered User regular
    There are a lot of games I've never had the chance to play, but other then that would have to be probably owning older consoles that I grew up with and touring Blizzard HQ and Valve and other misc game studios. Would love to visit South Korea and experience the e-sports scene there on top of the music and culture and food!

• pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Take a look at my avatar.

Checked that off my gamer bucket list.

• CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    There are a lot of games I've never had the chance to play, but other then that would have to be probably owning older consoles that I grew up with and touring Blizzard HQ and Valve and other misc game studios. Would love to visit South Korea and experience the e-sports scene there on top of the music and culture and food!

I've actually been to South Korea. They have a TV channel dedicated to Starcraft playing 24/7. Its all in korean, so its hard to understand, but if you are a fan of the game I'm sure you could get the gist of what is going on.

The food in South Korea is amazing too. If you are a fan of spicy they know how to do it right, plus its such a mishmash of foreign food cultures you can get some really amazing things.

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
    Oh I love spicy food my stomach probably hates me for it though lol I actually follow a Canadian couple that live in South Korea and they do videos on the music, what it's like living there, and going to different food places. It makes me excited to try it and I've only had a small sampling of Korean food and wish I knew of a good place near by to go to. I've never really got into Starcraft but I'm sure there is LoL stuff as well.

• hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    To own the complete NES and SNES library. Not gonna happen but a man can dream...

Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    I recently achieved a goal several years in the making... my PS1 collection is now fully complete copies, everything with case and manual. That doesn't sound super impressive, but since I had to find cases for Tomba and Suikoden 2, it took awhile.

I would love to have a dedicated gaming space, not just an entertainment center with a bunch of systems hooked into it.

It would have at least 2 rooms, multiple TVs to accommodate various aged consoles, game memorabilia décor, and maybe a couple arcade machines for good measure. Y'know, assuming I don't just have another room as an arcade.

More realistically- I want a damn Vectrex!

• CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    Oh I love spicy food my stomach probably hates me for it though lol I actually follow a Canadian couple that live in South Korea and they do videos on the music, what it's like living there, and going to different food places. It makes me excited to try it and I've only had a small sampling of Korean food and wish I knew of a good place near by to go to. I've never really got into Starcraft but I'm sure there is LoL stuff as well.

I'm not big into online gaming and MMOs so i didn't look that hard into it to be honest. The culture is very rich, and the landscape can be beautiful. One of the things that strikes you is that because their country is so small (Less than half the size of Minnesota) They build up instead of out. Imagine people building a strip mall with one store on top of the other instead of in a line along the street.

As for finding Korean food, it all depends on where you live. Look it up on Yelp

[ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
    @Cennedi‌
    Oh I know I've seen how the building structure is from the couples vlogs and watching dramas and what not lol. But like I mentioned before I wouldn't go just for the gaming culture I'd be interested in seeing as much of the country as much as possible, although there would be so much to do in Seoul alone.

• LindabearLindabear Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Elliad wrote: »
    Lindabear, if you want to meet Ellen McLain, you should check out the Pink Party Prime. They just announced on their Facebook page today (Aug 8) that she is going to be one of the Cosplay judges.

Thank you for telling me! I don't have a Facebook, so I wouldn't have found out otherwise :smile:

PAX Prime 2013 [X]
    PAX Prime 2014 [X]
    PAX Prime 2015 [X]
  • BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    DuelLadyS wrote: »
    I recently achieved a goal several years in the making... my PS1 collection is now fully complete copies, everything with case and manual. That doesn't sound super impressive, but since I had to find cases for Tomba and Suikoden 2, it took awhile.

I would love to have a dedicated gaming space, not just an entertainment center with a bunch of systems hooked into it.

It would have at least 2 rooms, multiple TVs to accommodate various aged consoles, game memorabilia décor, and maybe a couple arcade machines for good measure. Y'know, assuming I don't just have another room as an arcade.

More realistically- I want a damn Vectrex!

Uhm, thats RIDICULOUSLY impressive, getting the full collection of any gaming library is very very cool.

Also, I'd like to volunteer to become best friends. I would willingly perform the Troy and Abed handshake, and would wash my hands rigorously before any PS1 play sessions.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Also:

During PAX Prime 2013, Keiji Inafune had an autograph signing after his Mighty No. 9 panel.

The majority of people brought their Mighty No. 9 shirts for him to sign, and a few people had brought him some Megaman figures for him to sign.

I had brought my Megaman X SNES cartridge from my childhood. It was a little over a decade old, and absolutely beat to hell, but it still worked and it was my favorite SNES growing up.

After about an hour, when I finally got to the front of the line and gave Keiji Inafune the cartridge to sign, he laughed and give me a big thumbs up. I don't think he was expecting a SNES cartridge because the autograph signing wasn't announced prior to the end of the panel. It was awesome meeting the creator of one of the best childhood memories I've had.

When I got home from PAX, after I unpacked, I popped in Megaman X and played a few levels.

All the nostalgia in the world.

I should take a picture and post it :smile:

pelicanflip on
  • The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    Another for my bucket list: Doing a successful couple cosplay with my bf on some game characters. Currently, I want to do Rydia and Edge.

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • DuelLadySDuelLadyS Registered User regular
    BouwsT wrote: »
    Uhm, thats RIDICULOUSLY impressive, getting the full collection of any gaming library is very very cool.

Alas, I WISH that was what I'd done- but it's not a complete collection, it's a collection of complete copies- as in, what games I do own have cases and manuals as opposed to just discs. (It's not something easy to word right...) The Suikoden 2 held me up for years- I got lucky and got the disc for 5 bucks, but then had to wait out a reasonably priced case/manual. It's something I'm more proud of then I should be, probably... but PS1 was the only disc-based system I owned young enough to not care about cases, so finishing that set means now all of my disc-based systems have complete games. Well, except Sega CD... but I'm not gonna worry about that until I have more storage for those long boxes.

• The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    Find the motherfucker who programmed the Cherub fight in Ghostbusters 3 and tell him to go fuck himself.

• BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Find the motherfucker who programmed the Cherub fight in Ghostbusters 3 and tell him to go fuck himself.

*Hands you the award for winning the internet*

Congrats sir.