As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] 6.0 Out now! Blizzcon INC Nov 7+8!

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited October 2014 in MMO Extravaganza
Warlords-of-Draenor-Banner-Logo.jpg

Warlords of Draenor will be released 11/13/14. The cinematic trailer can be found here.

The stream, which includes previews of each zone and garrisons can be seen here.

A perk of patch 6.0 is the new character models. Currently all models are already redone (except panda, worgen, goblin), though Blood Elve models are still being developed.

KPIR9mF.jpg
A new service Blizzard created, is the Boosted character service. This service will boost your character of any level up to level 90 and given level appropriate gear, so you can jump into the action.

Players who preordered Warlords of Draenor will be be given one free character boost to instantly level a character up to 90

Also new to World of Warcraft are character delete undo service, where players who have deleted a character above level 40 can undo the deletion.
4WYKYIR4X1BS1407278902884.jpg
World of Warcraft, the world's number one MMORPG created by Blizzard Entertainment is turning 10 in November. Festivities include Boosted Molten Core, Terran vs Southshore rematch, and free fire corgi pets.
Blizzard recently had a contest with American Chopper where two teams compete when creating a Motor cycle to see which team could create the best bike. Horde won that contest and is receiving their chopper for free when Warlords launches. Players must log in between now and September 30th to receive their horde bike for free. Alliance players will be able to buy their bike in the Warlords expansion for 100,000 gold.

MSC90SCCTXQ41406160781063.jpg

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Please loot the corehounds.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Can't wait to run MC and listen to people bitch about how "It was so much better in vanilla, it was totally epic" when chances are they didn't even play the game back then. If they did, they probably wouldn't be saying that. MC was a drag.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Can't wait to run MC and listen to people bitch about how "It was so much better in vanilla, it was totally epic" when chances are they didn't even play the game back then. If they did, they probably wouldn't be saying that. MC was a drag.

I dont know what youre talking about, MC was a fantastic background program.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

Generally "what a drag" is the general theme of all the Vanilla raids. ZG was probably the least boring bullshitish, but it still was a stupid painful meatgrinder.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Also, for the pet battles, Ive just been catching the blue versions of the pets and moving on. Am I doing it right?

• Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    Yep, definitely going with chaining heroics for honor. Even as a garbage geared blood DK, it's hilariously easy and quick. Plus I make a little coin on the side.

• Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    I see a lot of warlocks with expertise and mastery orange gems, at first I thought it was for pet dodge cap or some such but a lot of them are sacrifice specced...

Does it convert to spell hit or some such, I feel like I'm missing something.

• Options
    It does. Really useful to get the right socket bonus and still get your best secondary.

• Options
    fair enough, I didn't have much trouble getting the cap so just go with the +80 int mastery ones.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The one thing I hate the most about wild pet capturing is the pets that require specific weather. There's no way to know when the weather is going to change so you have to camp out that area. I have exactly one pet each for Kalimdor, EK, and Northrend that I'm missing for the achievement and they're all weather-specific ones.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Even in Vanilla I was complaining about how goddamn boring MC was, such as calling it level 60 Ragefire Chasm.

BWL was significantly better.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    The one thing I hate the most about wild pet capturing is the pets that require specific weather. There's no way to know when the weather is going to change so you have to camp out that area. I have exactly one pet each for Kalimdor, EK, and Northrend that I'm missing for the achievement and they're all weather-specific ones.

I still don't have the monkey or the Tanaris one, although I may have accidentally captured the Northrend one. That's the fox, right?

I really, really dislike the really rare ones, like the Unborn Valkyrie, or the Felwood one.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The Unborn Valkyrie was okayish because while it's rare it has a ton of spawn points across the entire continent. The Felwood one is utter bullshit because it only spawns in one location so I'm happy I lucked into one when I did my Felwood get-them-all pass.

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I was watching those damn videos on Giantbomb of Dan Ryckert failing at playing WoW and now I'm resubbed. Damn it all.

I don't suppose there's much of use to do pre-patch (whenever that is), other than figure out which class I'll want to use my 90 boost on and get them to at least 60, yeah?

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    7/9 on Challenge modes now. I'm hoping they give us a 6.0 date on Thursday, because not knowing how much time we have left sucks.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Boo this man

• Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    There are at least 250 mounts in this game? That'll do, Blizz. That'll do.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    The hunt for Time-Lost Protodrake goes ever on. I'm up to about 14-15 Vyragosa kills now? I stopped counting. It was making me depressed. I'm making EXCELLENT progress on killing her though. Too bad I don't give a shit about her.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Mercade wrote: »

Counting card game mounts it's over 300 I think

• Options
    I have 238 mounts right now, without any card game mounts, and there's still several more I could farm and/or get from achievements. Collecting is sort of what I do.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Mercade wrote: »

Hah, you should see the total number of battle pets when WoD launches. There are over 600 at this point.

• Options
    I only have 217, I've been slacking on the crafted ones, I don't have any of the voltron panthers or either of the engineering rockets, and I'm still missing all but 1 of the primal raptors.

Still need to get the last warbringer Dino mount (jade) too

• Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular

flashhealflashhealflashhealflashhealflashheal BUFF BUFF BUFF x40 flashhealflashhealflashheal

Yeah, MC was wicked fun.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Raid opinions:

MC was boring because at the time, Blizzard had no idea what players were capable off, nor did the players really. Addons trivialized the only hard part until Majordomo (the decursing). It looked ugly too, and had only a few new enemy models. The bosses included 'Giant Naga (x3), Giant Corehound, Giant Elemental x2, Giant Molten Giant.'

BWL was already a lot better in enemy and boss design, though not yet in dungeon design, but the fact that the first and second boss are the most difficult until Nef was a real bummer, it was just a trainwreck to see guilds forever not beat those two.

ZG was an eye opener, it had atmosphere, every boss was a mini zone with themed enemies.

AQ20 was easy but bland and grindy, it took a lot of killing of stuff to get things done.

AQ40 was real rough with boss design, and all bugs all the time is pretty boring. And Blizzard did the hilariously overtune thing which is just a grave sin.

Naxx looked great but was real uneven in boss difficulty, and atrocious in requirements on raid composition. Hi guys you need 6-8 tank specced warriors for the best strat on this boss! And they best be geared too.

Early TBC was a mess though. Crazy attunements, bad balancing between bosses (Even some early kara fights were pretty rough in the first 2-3 months, I think they nerfed Romeo & Juliet in 3 consecutive patches).

BT was probably the best raid of the early years. It put individual player ability at the forefront in a lot of fights without being very punishing, it was varied.

Sunwell was just a strain on everything. So closely tuned, so many 1 fault raidwipes, it went well past fun for me. My guild got M'uru but it was just grueling, and I the amount of burnout and bitterness it created was unparalled.

Then early WotLK came and it was just a mockery. So insanely easy that I quit instead of wait for new content. (I know the drake challenge existed but that was not enough for me)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Speaking of crafted mounts this expac, is it just my server or are the jeweled black panther crafted mounts getting duped all over? There's usually several at any given time on the AH for maybe half the mat cost (and we're talking the fixed mat cost alone)

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Molten Core was fun at the time, but looking back yeah each boss fight had one major mechanic and if you could overcome that mechanic you were golden. Also who doesn't fondly remember whispering your guild leader on Geddon with "YOU ARE THE BOMB!" and watching as he flails into the healers. Or telling the new people in the raid you can see Ragnaros through Golemagg's window. Or Vendorstrike dropping week after week and no one is willing to spend DKP on it, though to be honest I really wish the concept of a transforming weapon was played with some more in current content. And let's not forget looting the corehounds or that one moron who wandered into the fire imp caves.

Also on the subject of the emerald drake and bronze whelp, I say it's about damn time. I've been questioning the lack of emerald drake since Wrath. I mean you can ride one in Oculus! Granted I have about 130 mounts so I won't be getting it any time soon. Although there are a number of reps I could probably start working on, like Kurenai (which I should grind anyway to get dust since after the server-wide Halaa battle last month I'm rolling in tokens) and Argent Tournament.

• Options
    Hold off on grinding the dust at least. This Garrison mission exists in the beta:

http://wod.wowhead.com/mission=332

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Samphis wrote: »
    Hold off on grinding the dust at least. This Garrison mission exists in the beta:

Is that for real?

Will I finally be able to get those damn mounts without the most idiotic grinding ever?

<3

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Now for a version for Argent Tourney mounts.

• Options
    So glad I did most of the Argent Tournament when it was current. I think all I'm missing are the mounts that you need a small amount of tokens and some money for. I have all the token only mounts.

• Options

I'm at work and can't open that link. What's it about?

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

It's a garrison quest that rewards Halaa pvp currency.

• Options
    So glad I did most of the Argent Tournament when it was current. I think all I'm missing are the mounts that you need a small amount of tokens and some money for. I have all the token only mounts.

I've been doing the dailies but am finding it impossible to solo the 5 man for another 3 tokens without punching my computer. I can either be stunned for 99 percent of the time or spend 99 percent of the time running to a new wolf.

• Options
    Bigity wrote: »

It also rewards the research tokens, so doing the mission will let you buy one of the mounts. Even if it's limited to a one-time thing, that's half the grind, and you could always just hope for that mission again on an alt.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I figured people were exaggerating how bad lfr was, I've done so much of it since coming back...I now know what they were talking about, the closer you get to reset the worse the groups get.

I could handle people who aren't good at the game I can handle people to lazy/tight arsed to get any gems/chants whatsoever...but man the amount of people queing as roles they have no intention of filling and the sheer vitriol on display is amazing, If I only had time close to the reset for LFR it'd be enough to drive me from the game.

Acharenus on
  • Options
    Yeah LFR, and well, any random group content, is best done earlier in the week.

Sunday/Monday runs are the worst.

This isn't a solely WoW problem, it's every game that has a weekly reset on currencies and loot. XIV is just as bad.

• Options

I've got all the mounts from that, so it's nice to not worry about them.

I'd like the tabard on all my characters for the teleport, but not enough to actually run it on characters who haven't yet.

• Options
    Also another 2 weeks of black prince buff starting thursday.

• Options
    Bigity wrote: »

It also rewards the research tokens, so doing the mission will let you buy one of the mounts. Even if it's limited to a one-time thing, that's half the grind, and you could always just hope for that mission again on an alt.

Eh, I still wanted to grind up Kurenai rep for another Exalted one, and like I said I already have 200 PvP tokens from a server event so that's not an issue. I also don't see a reason to wait until WoD when I can do it now. Not gonna take that long considering I can mow through ogres with my DK.

This discussion has been closed.