As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

PDXkellyPDXkelly Registered User new member
Will Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare be at PAX Prime?

• Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    You should really try to contact Activision about this. I would think they would have a booth though, given that COD is one of their big sellers. Also, you never know. Some companies like to have surprises, so they may not say anything to ANYONE, or have it secret, till the actual first day of the con.

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    You'll probably have to wait until Activision makes some kind of announcement. A floor plan hasn't been revealed yet, so we don't know if Activision has a booth or not. My prediction is that they'll have CoD and Destiny if they are at the con, but we'll just have to wait and see. It's also possible that the game could end up at the Xbox booth in some capacity.

OysterPrime on
    PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options
    tinedizzletinedizzle Kelso, WARegistered User regular
    i've been to 3 pax's and COD was not at any of them 2010,2011,2012

• Options
    pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I've been to 3 PAX events (Same as Tine) and Activision has NEVER shown Call of Duty there so I would say its unlikely. Even at their press parties they usually hold, they have every single title but except for Call of Duty.

Either way, just wait for them to announce it, that is your best bet.

pogoplay on
    Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Call of Duty typically isn't shown at PAX. I remember seeing a youtuber bragging a year or two ago about how he was going to PAX Prime and how he would get to play the new Call of Duty before anyone else. It was probably hilarious when he showed up and saw that Activision doesn't even give demos of it there.

• Options
    dg5930dg5930 Registered User regular
    That's mess up because I went to gamestop expo in Las Vegas and they had call of duty and you was able to play it too.

• Options
    pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    dg5930 wrote: »
    That's mess up because I went to gamestop expo in Las Vegas and they had call of duty and you was able to play it too.

They also had it when I went to the EBGames Managers Conference in Canada here... but Activision doesn't choose PAX Prime to be a suitable place normally. We really won't know until they announce it themselves.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    Tis true. As far as I can remember, Call of Duty has not been shown at PAX.

Activison will most likely have a booth however. Just don't expect CoD.

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options
    dg5930dg5930 Registered User regular
    I hope they have battlefield there

• Options
    oil_52oil_52 Registered User regular
    dg5930 wrote: »
    I hope they have battlefield there

they usually have battlefield

• Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    That's strange...I seem to recall CoD being shown at Pax a number of times.....maybe it's just my imagination? I'll have to dig into my old Pax Programs to see which ones.

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    oil_52oil_52 Registered User regular
    That's strange...I seem to recall CoD being shown at Pax a number of times.....maybe it's just my imagination? I'll have to dig into my old Pax Programs to see which ones.

The new Cod has never been shown since ive been going to pax.. this is my 7th year.. They do show the current Cod out and play small games out on the floor. If i recall, Turtle Beach had a booth with Cod playing so people can try out the Headsets but it wasnt the new cod coming out for that year.