As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help finding an old "anime" movie? Please, can't find it anywhere.

RhinoRhino TheRhinLOLRegistered User regular
edited December 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
When I was a kid, I watched this cartoon/movie on cable TV and it really scared the crap out of me. I don't remember much details, but have searched for years. Every once in awhile I still have dreams about it.

My best guess it aired during the mid/late 80s or early 90s. My guess is cartoon network maybe or TNT? I can't say for sure. It seemed to play around Christmas time, but again, a bit fuzzy on details.

The things I remember about it, was it had a anime style type of art; not over the top (no big eyes, etc), but seemed foreign produced. I don't remember it having any words, but maybe it was subtitled.

Anyways, the plot; as far as I can remember, was it was a girl as the main character (maybe with a brother). Her parents, along with all the other adults where turned into "blocks". That is, they turned into something like Minecraft Steve, but flatter. No real details, other than limbs and maybe "holes" for eyes. They then magically were flown (more like levitating, very slowly) to this castle. The block people where used to build the city/walls, etc The kids had to "restore" there parents, but it gets fuzzy on how they did this. It had kind of an industrial Japaneses feel to it.

It was pretty creepy (for a kid). Unfortunately that is all I remember; hopefully someone here might know what this movie is called?

edit, some links I've found

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/952624

Lots of references to this "Unico in the Island of Magic"; but don't recall a unicorn in it.

93mb4.jpg
Rhino on

• Options
    downerdowner Registered User regular
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    My first thought was Unico as well.

I saw it as an adult, and it was pretty creepy.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    RhinoRhino TheRhinLOL Registered User regular
    ok, I guess this is it. I remember the blue wizard guy and his funny hair. Thanks guys, time to turn lights up and get my blankie

93mb4.jpg
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    That is the creepiest 6 minutes I've seen from anything this year. Holy shit.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    You must have seen the bunyip song last year then.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    akshaysharma89akshaysharma89 Registered User new member
    hey guys i am searching for an old anime movie or tv show cant be sure.i feel it used to air on cartoon network /tnt mid 90s .the genre was action and the main character was a skinny guy wearing a red cap and a ripped sleeveless denim jacket with grey jeans. also he used to ride a jeep , there were other supporting characters a brother maybe and women wearing pretty skimpy clothes(vaguely recalling).
    Thats about as much as i remember apart from the fact that he kicked serious ass. hope you guys know which one im talking about.any input is much appreciated. cheers.

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    That sounds like one of the Fatal Fury anime movies. Not sure if they ever aired on tv though.

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    It aired on an Anime Matinee on the Sci-Fi channel little over a decade ago.

This discussion has been closed.