As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TRENCHES] Tuesday, August 5, 2014 - Hindsight Vision

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited August 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Hindsight Vision

Hindsight Vision
http://trenchescomic.com/comic/post/hindsight-vision

The Good Life

Anonymous

I started working for a video game company a few months ago as a Game Master. I’m the guy who talks to you in-game, listens to your gripes about how stuff is bugged or broken, and then honestly tries to help you out.

Unfortunately, more often than not, you’re AFK, not online, left me a message saying to contact you on another character, appalled that it took me more than 5 minutes to get to you, or you simply feel the need to rage at me about how you pay my salary and I should give you back the bag of items you accidentally destroyed even though the game asked you “Are you sure you want to do that?”.

Honestly though? It doesn’t bother me. I love my job. I get paid $14 an hour to essentially hang out with my friends, listen to music, and talk about video games. I have an awesome boss, great coworkers, and the coolest looking office any man has ever worked in.

I worked retail for years. I hated it. I couldn’t imagine doing anything else except working in the gaming industry now that I’ve worked here.

To everyone who’s had a bad experience as a tester, artist, designer, etc., just because one company treated you like crap doesn’t mean they all will. Hang in there.

Keep flying and stay shiny.

Geth on

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Optimism in the Tale? Madness!

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Optimism in the Tale? Madness!
    It is nice to hear a good story to break up the tide of people being screwed.

• Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    Can someone proofread the comic?

Maybe the creator, maybe someone else.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Anonymous wrote:
    Unfortunately, more often than not, you’re AFK, not online, left me a message saying to contact you on another character
    Yes, people have lives, you know, and have more to do than sit and wait for GM responses.

• tardigradetardigrade Registered User new member
    I'm really confused as to why the tension in this storyline has been resolved this way.

Making a competing game should be a fireable offense, even if she didn't sign any non-competition clause upon being hired. It also doesn't logically follow that making an entire re-skinned version of an existing game would help her innovate in the other game. The implication before was that she was investing her energies in another project to gain from that product, not to, in some roundabout way, make improvements on the original game.

Finally, I really don't understand how Cora, who is supposed to have a managerial role, is somehow consoling a person who has just admitted to creating a clone to compete with a game based on her own father's beloved intellectual property.

Plot doesn't make any sense. My fear is that the only way to explain it is bad writing.