As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Omeganauts, Assemble!

2»

• Options
    ZombicusZombicus Registered User regular
    LtHummus wrote: »
    Zombicus wrote: »
    SmallLady wrote: »
    People may want to check their inbox's.
    Why is that?

Because SmallLady needs a bunch of information from the Omeganauts. She says this is all for the program and the cool banner, but it's really to figure out what games will provide maximum torture entertainment value. :)
    Ah, I didn't realize she meant Omeganauts. For a second, I got overexcited and hoped it was another opportunity to be part of The Omegathon. Thanks :P

Prime Presence: 08, 09, 10, 12, 13, 14 | Heading to Prime 2015!
    pinnypals.com/pals/Zombicus
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    And now for the yearly TOG's Omeganauting tips!

Don't even think about the games until the game list comes out because what you think you're gonna play is probably not what you're gonna play.

Don't worry about trying to master the game at some sort of crazy level. This path leads to aneurysms and stress and it's not like you're facing down Fatal1ty. Speaking of which...

Don't stress about it! This is a tournament for fun and hilarity, not for waving an epeen. Nobody cares if you did good or bad so long as you're having fun and giving it a good try. (I didn't lose until I showed up without a healthy buzz so, yanno, there's that.)

These prior points all kinda get summed up with your opponent is you. The more relaxed you are and the more focused you are on just having fun you are, the better the experience will be.

If you're not familiar with the convention center then figure out where you're supposed to go before the match. Being late isn't cool yo.

If you're gonna wear a cosplay then make sure it doesn't stick out too far in any direction just because some contests may involve sitting right next to people and nobody wants to be poked in the face by your +4 str +4 stam horns of draxadookie. If it is Xbox hueg then you may wanna consider putting it on after the match.

Go to the bathroom BEFORE the match. If it ends up in overtime you'll be glad you did.

Be excellent to each other!

More to come as I think about it.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    rahnawynrahnawyn Registered User regular
    Congrats all of you who got the call! I'm so excited to watch you all this year ;)

• Options
    MidnightJesterMidnightJester Jester Extraordinaire Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    May the odds be ever in your favor, omeganauts.

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    To echo some of TOGSolid's points, the biggest opponent is you... from having the time of your life. You're an instant VIP and now part of an exclusive family. That's a prize you've already won and it's a doozie. So, don't forget to stop and smell the roses. And then douse them with Axe because... ya know... convention funk...

But also, don't get your self psyched out and don't fret over things you can't control. This will be especially critical for this Omegathon, seeing how there is a substantial amount of time between now and then.

And alcohol will help calm the nerves when taken in moderation. I have a slight genetic tremor and the prevailing advice from our family doctors is a good shot of whiskey can help.

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    CrielCriel Registered User regular
    Congrats all nominees!!! :)

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Time to see if I can't convince Gus to post on the forums now.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    GustavabaneGustavabane MinnesotaRegistered User new member
    Gustavabane reporting in! Hello everyone :smile: So excited to go to PAX for the first time aaaand be an Omeganaut! not to mention first time in Seattle.

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Gustavabane reporting in! Hello everyone :smile: So excited to go to PAX for the first time aaaand be an Omeganaut! not to mention first time in Seattle.
    I hope you can still do well considering how drunk John and I will be getting you :-D

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Hey, can one of you veterans invite the new people to your fancy shamcy facebook group thing?

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    There's a Facebook thing?

NM - I found it and requested to join.

vespachica on
    ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    mewissamewissa Registered User regular
    Thank you everyone for all the tips! I'm ridiculously PAXcited!! :D

• Options
    DeimirDeimir Registered User regular
    A few years back my phone number got onto some kind of spam list and I started getting phone calls from all sorts of numbers at all times of the day, and I'll always wonder if one of the ones I ignored was an Omegathon call...

Time off: done. Hotel: ??? Travel: ??? Badges: ???
    PAX Prime attendance: '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16
  • Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Congrats to all the omeganauts cant wait to see you compete.

Rhea_starstorm on
  • Options
    LtHummusLtHummus Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »
    Hey, can one of you veterans invite the new people to your fancy shamcy facebook group thing?

Took care of this :)

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    @JobiwanKenobi‌ = Joemeganaut.

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    sarysary 100% pure awesomesauce manchester, nhRegistered User regular
    Any omeganaut not on the group... bother lt. hummus. or me I guess. XD best to poke me on twitter becasue i slack on checking messages here...

Twitter: @seryseraphical

PAX East 2012 Omeganaut. Awesomest. Time. Ever.
  • Options
    QuethalQuethal The Infrequent OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Zombicus wrote: »
    Looks like Khoo is still making calls:

What? Shenanigans. This is clearly the work of bribery.
    I swear it was luck that chose me, there was no bribery involved.

Quethal on
  • Options
    Now that Prime has gone to 4 days, does anybody know how many Omegarounds there will be?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2014
    Now that Prime has gone to 4 days, does anybody know how many Omegarounds there will be?
    Same as last year, 6, as far as I know.

I was in the first 4-day omegathon last year, rounds 1 and 2 were on Friday, 3 and 4 on Saturday, 5 on Sunday night, Final Round at the closing ceremony Monday.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Thx!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would expect the schedule to come out relatively soon, which will give the exact times :)

• Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Very soon!

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I would expect the schedule to come out relatively soon, which will give the exact times :)

You read my mind.

• Options
    mewissamewissa Registered User regular
    *Bounces impatiently in chair*
    I just noticed that I'll be at PAX in THREE WEEKS! Saw the vacation block on my work calendar ;)

WHOA.

• Options
    banghibanghi luddite... CascadiaRegistered User regular
    Considering that it's after hours on a Friday now I expect that 'soon' is still a relative term which translates to 'after the weekend...' :smile:

pax
    clt
  • Options
    banghibanghi luddite... CascadiaRegistered User regular
    On your mark...
    017ed06svpb9.jpg

pax
    clt
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    One last small piece of advice as the last few weeks go by: Don't worry. It's cliche, but seriously just have fun. It's easy to get wrapped up in it, it's easy to get stressed out. Just relax, enjoy playing the games and have fun with the people you're playing with. That way no matter what happens or who wins you'll have had a great time and have some new friends.

• Options
    piriyuupiriyuu Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    EUfvjFD.jpg
    Also purchased!
    banghi wrote: »
    On your mark...
    017ed06svpb9.jpg

piriyuu on
  • Options
    We've got an Athletic Supporter team for @JobiWanKenobi, and we even made Tshirts on Café Press! If you want to support his bid for Omeganaut Superiority (ie: get a shirt), send me a PM. Getting a whole store set up on the site just for a couple of shirts is a PITA, by the way.

i3mzgi52e6md.jpg