As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

To be in [Chat] Orleans

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    gud night buttsluts

obF2Wuw.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am not sure where that ad came from.

It says Wendy Davis for Gov, Inc. Which I guess is her campaign?

Yeah fuck free flow of money in political campaigns.

Public funding with pure transparency and no ability to accept donations of cash or in kind. And no PAC's or ads with the mention of the candidates from outside groups starting the January before the election.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    the bar i went to spool, was a new orleans / paris -y place and had absinthe and absinthe cocktails
    i had a hurricane and a pimms cup also and something else

it has a nice back garden

i spent a lot of money there...

poo
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Chu has never watched a movie scene for the second time without being surprised.

#trufax

sig.gif
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    the bar i went to spool, was a new orleans / paris -y place and had absinthe and absinthe cocktails

where was this it sounds great

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    This makes me happier than it should.

http://youtu.be/W7pmnIitgeI

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Wait, spool, are you not a racist?

I thought that was like, our thing

Man it's like I don't even know you anymore

dis bar called maison premiere

one time i went and we got a massive oyster tower with lobster and crab and stuff o lawd

absinthe is tasty

91855363_oPzChSSybFo8uTD3G0GXgqw41iR0Je8Tk4tJpSfJjVY.jpg

poo
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Wait, spool, are you not a racist?

I thought that was like, our thing

Man it's like I don't even know you anymore

I'm racist but only when there are no white people around.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    eat white people ?

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I'd like to thank "SMOKEWEED" and "420BLAZEIT" for keeping it classy on the score boards.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Who is this mysterious "TETRISMASTER" he is ruining my top spots.

I believe he is the master of the Tetris.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Also refund check came in.

Which is weird because I was signed up for direct deposit.

Well, yay!

But also they are dummies. :p

Glad you've got your moving in money, though.

Nope, because it's a physical check, the bank will take 2 business days more to clear it!

WHAT FUN

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Oh an here is apparently a super duper rare Orange Xbox found recently too, which has been verified as real apparently.

jbm4bFYLXfSa1i.jpg

I have the green version of that xbox.

edited August 2014
    Just caught up on that governor thread

I won't pretend to have an opinion, but Kid Presentable presented an interesting question right at the end there:

Can the governor just threaten to take away any agency's funding for whatever reason he feels like if the head of that agency doesn't comply with his resignation demand?

With the implication being: Regardless of the legality (which is best left to the courts to decide, I think that's apparent), would you be okay with this turn of events?

Spool I wouldn't want to put words in your mouth, but I imagine your response to this would be 'Under these circumstances (i.e. the abhorrent behavior of the agency head in question), absolutely. It's an extraordinary situation that requires extraordinary action.'

BeNarwhal on
    Also refund check came in.

Which is weird because I was signed up for direct deposit.

Well, yay!

But also they are dummies. :p

Glad you've got your moving in money, though.

Nope, because it's a physical check, the bank will take 2 business days more to clear it!

WHAT FUN

Oh right, banks.

Well, is it at least comforting to be holding a physical copy of a thing that totally promises that money will be there once the check clears? :P

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    gud night buttsluts

FYI buttsluts are my favourite type of sluts.

im not eatin tmrw

poo
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tav wrote: »
    like, scurvy is hard to get

Dude. Pirates get scurvy.

Pirates are really tough.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Oh an here is apparently a super duper rare Orange Xbox found recently too, which has been verified as real apparently.

jbm4bFYLXfSa1i.jpg

I have the green version of that xbox.

Play otogi on it

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    im not eatin tmrw

I need new glasses.

I kept trying to figure out what this post meant until I realized you said "eatin" and not "satin"...

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

I won't pretend to have an opinion, but Kid Presentable presented an interesting question right at the end there:

Can the governor just threaten to take away any agency's funding for whatever reason he feels like if the head of that agency doesn't comply with his resignation demand?

With the implication being: Regardless of the legality (which is best left to the courts to decide, I think that's apparent), would you be okay with this turn of events?

Spool I wouldn't want to put words in your mouth, but I imagine your response to this would be 'Under these circumstances (i.e. the abhorrent behavior of the agency head in question), absolutely. It's an extraordinary situation that requires extraordinary action.'

12152.jpg

• JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular

I love Pims Cup.

F007_Chalice.jpg

Ewww ... I went into a non-[chat] thread AND I sided with @spool32‌ while I was in it.

I'm not sure how to feel right now. ;)

_J_ wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    like, scurvy is hard to get

Dude. Pirates get scurvy.

Pirates are really tough.

It was really awful to be a pirate in ye olden days. Don't let the movies and tv fool you.

Neco wrote: »
    im not eatin tmrw

I need new glasses.

I kept trying to figure out what this post meant until I realized you said "eatin" and not "satin"...

Well, that's also true.

I mean, I assume.

I should go but I'm in bed in my underwear with the lights off

poo

In that case, I'm super comfortable with it. In general, the governor has a line-item veto, so you don't need anything after the "if" in KP's question. He can veto things for whatever reason.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

It's not 'taking away funding', it's 'applying economic sanctions as a domestic policy tool'.

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Oh. I guess Silent Hill: Homecoming doesn't want to run on my PC anymore.

You know what? That's fine. That's just fine. I am REALLY not missing out on much...

spool32 wrote: »

In that case, I'm super comfortable with it. In general, the governor has a line-item veto, so you don't need anything after the "if" in KP's question. He can veto things for whatever reason.

He's in the government, he's not the owner of a corporation where they can fire employees for any reason, and even those know when to keep their mouth shut when it'd get them in hot water with the government or be a PR nightmare.

Sure, but the threat he made is the discussion then. And I certainly don't feel comfortable weighing in on that.
    emnmnme wrote: »

It's not 'taking away funding', it's 'applying economic sanctions as a domestic policy tool'.

Very true. Let's take it back to that thread, though - my most recent post touches on this, I think - it's my opinion that the governor should have a tool to deal with this sort of issue without having to resort to economic sanctions, if only because he is forced to apply it so imprecisely.

If a governor can veto things for any reason, this issue would have come up a lot more often in the past.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    So my facebook "lunch" group was on the local news yesterday about how social media such as ourselves effects businesses.
    I expect several restaurants to join the group under fake accounts to try to give rave reviews for their establishments shortly.

The banhammer is hot and ready like a $5 little Ceasar's Pizza.
    You will not survive.

Bless your heart.
    Dammit @AManFromEarth‌ that thread isn't at all appropriate for my only response to your latest post, which is a petulant (and joking!):

"Governors SHOULD be kings." :P

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Sure, but the threat he made is the discussion then. And I certainly don't feel comfortable weighing in on that.

Very true. Let's take it back to that thread, though - my most recent post touches on this, I think - it's my opinion that the governor should have a tool to deal with this sort of issue without having to resort to economic sanctions, if only because he is forced to apply it so imprecisely.

He does have that tool.

It's called the court of public opinion.

Perry's got a big mouth and people like him. If he can't use that to get what he wants he has no business running for anything higher than dog catcher.

Lh96QHG.png

He does have that tool.

Perry's got a big mouth and people like him. If he can't use that to get what he wants he has no business running for anything higher than dog catcher.

My city's mayor is case-in-point that the court of public opinion is a fickle and enigmatic institution.

I'd like to see something more defined for situations like this.

I'm not comfortable for the only recourse for removing someone like this from office when they refuse your request that they resign is "request harder!".

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Dammit that thread isn't at all appropriate for my only response to your latest post, which is a petulant (and joking!):

"Governors SHOULD be kings." :P

The local governors will keep the cities in line

Lh96QHG.png
    President Rick Perry, Commander in Chief
    President Rick Perry, Number 45
    President Rick Perry, the most powerful man in the free world
    President Rick Perry, finger on the button
    President Rick Perry, naming his cabinet
    President Rick Perry, POTUS
    President Rick Perry, taking the oath of office
    President Rick Perry, Old Rough and Ready
    President Rick Perry, winning re-election

He does have that tool.

My city's mayor is case-in-point that the court of public opinion is a fickle and enigmatic institution.

I'd like to see something more defined for situations like this.

I'm not comfortable for the only recourse for removing someone like this from office when they refuse your request that they resign is "request harder!".

Oh that while system is fucked up for sure.

What are ya gonna do? It's Texas

Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.