As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

To be in [Chat] Orleans

19495969798100»

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    November seems like a good time to race. Way better then September.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Shazkar Shadowstorm of bad decisions.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    is there a "fuck you" switch in easy tetris that makes it give you seven + pentominoes in a row

aRkpc.gif
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    huh. lightning went boom and my screen flickered.

That's exciting.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I don't even....

http://youtu.be/-DL0W9AUCuY

ronya wrote: »
    is there a "fuck you" switch in easy tetris that makes it give you seven + pentominoes in a row

In most modern tetris games, imagine if you will that there is a set amount of pieces in a bag (like 3 of each different piece). The game draws one from a big, gives it to you and the process continues until there is nothing left, then this metaphorical bag refills, ensuring you don't get like 7 of the same piece at once.

This one just goes FUCK IT so you get games where you get screwed like that.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Shazkar Shadowstorm of bad decisions.

Ughhhh

poo
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

In most modern tetris games, imagine if you will that there is a set amount of pieces in a bag (like 3 of each different piece). The game draws one from a big, gives it to you and the process continues until there is nothing left, then this metaphorical bag refills, ensuring you don't get like 7 of the same piece at once.

I think you haven't caught on that it's actually a lot more malicious that that :)

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.

I know it's out to screw you

it's just a little jarring when it goes that far to screw you because it can't think of any other piece that you could shove into your escalating tower

aRkpc.gif
    I noticed that once I had a tetris set up where all I needed was a line piece I never saw one.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I noticed that once I had a tetris set up where all I needed was a line piece I never saw one.

Aw c'mon SOTAR, it's not that hard

It's literally called EASY Tetris, after all

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    my theory is that flash became easier at a pace faster than canvas became non-annoying

But the problem is that flash is a second-class experience pretty much all the time. It uses ungodly amounts of CPU, it's super slow, the graphics look all fucked up, and for some reason, there's like, half a second of input lag on everything. Plus it doesn't work at all on mobile. Canvas is a little more annoying to target, but it's free and also has none of those shortcomings.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Donkey Kong next step is after a certain score it goes invisible like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

(skip to near the end if you don't want to watch the whole thing)

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Should not have burger

Should have party

I bet I ate like 4k calories yest

poo
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Alright [chat], I also sleep

Good night everyone, be good to each other

Also be good to your doggies

And all doggies everywhere

Scratching one dog's back.

The other one is chasing his tail on the far side of the room. Takes occasional breaks to bark at passing cars.

Third dog is staying with my mother in law for a while, evidently barked so hard at the mailman that he filed an official complaint.
    Christ dude, the dog is 6 pounds, you will be ok.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Should not have burger

Should have party

I bet I ate like 4k calories yest

I ate a banana and three carrots.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I keep meeting very cool not single or completely uninterested girls.

I completely understand why. The reminder is just a bit of a bummer.

steam_sig.png
    Who doesn't love a dogpile.
    0h59TOI.jpg

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    This girl I met that was interesting is 20 and engaged.

I just laughed.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I'm watching Akira right now for the first time in 10 years. The two main dudes are Kaneda and Tetsuo. Why is it called Akira.

steam_sig.png
    ZKGFJbC.jpg

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Guys, I can't decide

[chat]FL Network?

[chat]FL Countdown?

[chat]day Night Football?

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    There's another girl that's kind of flirting with me? Hard to tell, she might just be a playful sort. It's one of those "Maybe we're both trying to play it cool" scenarios. Not that it matters, I am essentially unavailable because at some point they'll ask me to choose between them and candy and they can't win that.

my theory is that flash became easier at a pace faster than canvas became non-annoying

But the problem is that flash is a second-class experience pretty much all the time. It uses ungodly amounts of CPU, it's super slow, the graphics look all fucked up, and for some reason, there's like, half a second of input lag on everything. Plus it doesn't work at all on mobile. Canvas is a little more annoying to target, but it's free and also has none of those shortcomings.

well - i remember communities of developers who poured a lot of effort into becoming adept at javascript and VML, and then having IE7 unceremoniously leave them out with the garbage

but a flash applet written in 1998 still works

aRkpc.gif
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Guys, I can't decide

[chat]FL Network?

[chat]FL Countdown?

[chat]day Night Football?

You aren't going to get picked because you are here getting ready.

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was zooming by at warp 2.6

@kedinik will create the new thread
    @STATE OF THE ART ROBOT is backup

This discussion has been closed.