As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Samurai [chat]

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Basically I feel like I'm in the mood for something like a sandbox or exploration heavy game, something akin to Fallout or Skyrim or GTA, but one where I'm more just... Exploring and interacting with NPCs I guess. Not so much with putting swords or bullets into people.

A detective/pi open world game without jammed in shooting sections would be baller.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Basically I feel like I'm in the mood for something like a sandbox or exploration heavy game, something akin to Fallout or Skyrim or GTA, but one where I'm more just... Exploring and interacting with NPCs I guess. Not so much with putting swords or bullets into people.

Dunno of any real combat-light games in that vein, but right now I'm playing Okami, and one of its benefits is you can avoid a lot of combat outside bosses and introduction to enemy type fights. Meanwhile you're using the power of art to restore a land besieged by a curse.

However you would need a PS2/3 or a Wii to play it.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    It is really hard to run into cute crazy girls with low self esteem outside of college.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

A detective/pi open world game without jammed in shooting sections would be baller.

yes that would be exactly the kind of thing I'd be down for right now

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    It is really hard to run into cute crazy girls with low self esteem outside of college.

This sounds like you just want someone you can take advantage of.

:neutral_face:

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Things that make me cry: getting to that first store in FTL and seeing nothing but powerful 4 energy required weapons.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

This sounds like you just want someone you can take advantage of.

:neutral_face:

Nah. It's just that I can't compete otherwise.

Which is okay. I haven't done anything to deserve to be in the running. I'm good with that. It's just that it's nice when a person thinks that you could be worth it in someway.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    There was an awesome old Sherlock Holmes game I played on my old 386. That with dialogue options when interviewing people and travelling around old London would be amazing.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh2clLt9YFQ

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Cool, a Vulcan cannon, Breach Missile and Ion Cannon II in this first store.

WHERE IS MY CHEAP LASER SHOT 1'S?!?!

• Options
    Best thing about that game was it came with printed versions of all the newspapers.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I had a slight spot on my face. I discovered it while shaving.

My bathroom looks like I've slaughtered a goat in there.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I realized right now I just want a break from serious violent video games.

Like, I'm playing a bunch of Borderlands 2 with the wife and that's fun cartoon violence that is nonsense

But I am no mood for a modern military shooter or a zombie game or whatever.

I'm actually kinda hankering for a game that will just let me go around and do stuff and isn't asking me to shoot shit all the fuckin' time

hence why I was trying a no-kill run of NV

i dunno

@Pony‌

Perhaps I could interest you in some Animal Crossing?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Thankfully.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I had a slight spot on my face. I discovered it while shaving.

My bathroom looks like I've slaughtered a goat in there.

"looks like", he says quite shiftily

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    worst part about having a semi-professional studio

i've got all the necessary fun toys and the responsible things to invest in now are pretty boring

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

i've spent the last few hours reading about compressor envelope responses -- which i used to be super bored by but now get to be the fun part of my research -- and room treatment

room treatment is the most boring thing

even if you build your own stuff, it's simple yet still somehow unexpectedly expensive

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Podly wrote: »

i've got all the necessary fun toys and the responsible things to invest in now are pretty boring

You need to level up your anal fixation skill.

Ensure that your bleepy blorks have enough wire tension and acoustic dampening, lest they damage output from the donkity dang blang bloom. And you need to make sure that's made of a durable plastic that won't wear.

Etc.

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    @Hakkekage got home sometime between 4am and when I got out of bed at 5:30am....dat girl is gonna have a much different day than I am........

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »

You need to level up your anal fixation skill.

Ensure that your bleepy blorks have enough wire tension and acoustic dampening, lest they damage output from the donkity dang blang bloom. And you need to make sure that's made of a durable plastic that won't wear.

Etc.

that'll be ten thousand dollars, please

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mood is finally as good as it should be given how well things are going right now. Yay. :)

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Looks like a nice easy Sunday.

Getting paid to clean and watch anime is the life.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    @cB557‌ Can I call you Casus Belli from now on

You'll notice there's no question mark at the end of that sentence

In fact, replace 'Can I' with 'I am going to'
    @BeNarwhal
    Based on the context I assume this is from one of the Gundam series?

• Options
    Yay. Off to see The Congress

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Yay. Off to see The Congress

Mr. Jojo goes to Washington

• Options
    why yes

i will follow dong chongler

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Why is the mobile site so janky? It is seriously janky, I'd what I am saying.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Crypt of the NecroDancer is fun.

j4mTmqv.gif

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I hear that Shark Week has continued to be an abomination.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

?

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Couscous wrote: »

?

Lots of fake or misinterpreted science. They care about viewers, not honesty.

Edit: Also, I think I read that they often lie to scientists about the programs they're going to be on, or try baiting them into soundbites that can be taken out of context.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Nachspiel with mates and a girl they don't know. Was more people but we lost them to the rains. But we knew the risks, we knew we were gonna lose good men.

We spent the night and my mate had a strange reluctance to lending an additional duvet because ha ha why don't me and the girl just share one couch

Which apart from nope, it's a couch, not excactly a king size bed

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

yes that would be exactly the kind of thing I'd be down for right now

what about Deus Ex: Invisible War?

oh sure there are shooting sections, but they will turn you off shooting. And the interacting with people sections.... will turn you off interacting with people.

In fact the whole game will actually make you question your life choices. Like WTF? was I thinking to buy Deus Ex: Invisible War?

• Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    More seriously speaking I heard Journey was heartbreakingly beautiful and lets you explore.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2014
    Gambhir just got hit "in a painful place" and you can hear the crowd over the radio go ohh sympathetically when the replay is seen.

Bogart on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    What is shark week?

• Options
    Tacos are made!

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    pony, Unrest is like $15 on Steam, and it's only dialog, no punching or shooting

plus it's set in fantasy India, and when was the last time you saw that?

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    japan wrote: »
    What is shark week?
    a bunch of silly, sexed up shows about scary scary sharks intermittently interrupted by advertisements for the sci-fi channel original film sharkopter, about a shark that is also a helicopter

Elendil on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Last year, didn't Shark Week have like a big special about how they've found a living Megladon, and then at the very end in tiny white text it basically said "also we made all of this up"?

cB557 on
This discussion has been closed.