As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dr. 13

tinyfisttinyfist Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Graphic Violence
I just picked this up last night and really enjoyed it. It is written by Brian Azzarello with beautiful art by Cliff Chiang. The story centers around Dr. Thirteen (who is a paranormal investigator and professional skeptic) and his daughter Traci Thirteen. This is one of the better books I have read recently. Very funny, a little insane, and well worth checking out. The only stuff from Azzarello I've ever read prior to this has been 100 Bullets, so this is quite the departure. Just thought I throw it up in case anybody hadn't seen it yet.

Some scans from scans_daily here:

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/4102701.html#cutid1 (Beware, some spoilers behind link)

Imported a few scans from the above link:
dr1313.jpg

dr1320.jpg

dr1321.jpg

dr1322.jpg

dr1323.jpg

dr1324.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tinyfist on

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The clerk at my LCS is a friend of mine and he MADE me buy this. I havn't read it yet but when he said "Nazi-Gorilla" I said "sold".

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    FeathersMcGrawFeathersMcGraw Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Awesome. I loves me some Cliff Chiang artwork.

FeathersMcGraw on
  • Options
    Octopus MelodyOctopus Melody Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This is definitely on my to buy list. I've just spent way too much on comics recently, and am in need of a new computer, so purchasing it is gonna have to wait. I'm looking forward to it, though.

Octopus Melody on
  • Options
    tinyfisttinyfist Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I tried to find scans that didn't give too much away. The book starts off well, and just gets better and better as it goes on. I was sad to see it end.

Satan: Your friend at your LCS is very wise. I used to have a guy doing the same for me, but then he left and I've been fending for myself ever since.

tinyfist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]