As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dr. 13

tinyfisttinyfist Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Graphic Violence
I just picked this up last night and really enjoyed it. It is written by Brian Azzarello with beautiful art by Cliff Chiang. The story centers around Dr. Thirteen (who is a paranormal investigator and professional skeptic) and his daughter Traci Thirteen. This is one of the better books I have read recently. Very funny, a little insane, and well worth checking out. The only stuff from Azzarello I've ever read prior to this has been 100 Bullets, so this is quite the departure. Just thought I throw it up in case anybody hadn't seen it yet.

Some scans from scans_daily here:

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/4102701.html#cutid1 (Beware, some spoilers behind link)

Imported a few scans from the above link:
dr1313.jpg

dr1320.jpg

dr1321.jpg

dr1322.jpg

dr1323.jpg

dr1324.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tinyfist on

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The clerk at my LCS is a friend of mine and he MADE me buy this. I havn't read it yet but when he said "Nazi-Gorilla" I said "sold".

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • FeathersMcGrawFeathersMcGraw Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Awesome. I loves me some Cliff Chiang artwork.

FeathersMcGraw on
  • Octopus MelodyOctopus Melody Registered User
    edited September 2007
    This is definitely on my to buy list. I've just spent way too much on comics recently, and am in need of a new computer, so purchasing it is gonna have to wait. I'm looking forward to it, though.

Octopus Melody on
  • tinyfisttinyfist Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I tried to find scans that didn't give too much away. The book starts off well, and just gets better and better as it goes on. I was sad to see it end.

Satan: Your friend at your LCS is very wise. I used to have a guy doing the same for me, but then he left and I've been fending for myself ever since.

tinyfist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]