As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Critical Failures

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The threads in ODaM still move along nicely. Go check those ones out.

Marathon on
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    who's gangbusters?

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That tank thing looks like it belongs in a pride parade...

Comahawk on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    who's gangbusters?
    Your mom's ass...

...I don't know. I'm sorry.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Katchem, those colors on the tank need a second coat (at least the pink, anyway the color you primed it with is showing throughin a couple spots).

Also, take it a step further and highlight each color with a lighter shade if you want.

I think your sisters of battle will come out nicely. I'm a sucker for bright colors.

Holy crap, a couple people told you to cut yourself and they didn't get jailed or reprimanded? When did this change in policy happen?

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    looking at those figurines makes my fingers itch with the urge to paint miniatures again. my lil bro bought a warhammer set (no idea what) and buthered them, so he asked me to paint some for him, and it was oh so fun.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    trentsteel, I shall do as advised. Thanks for your output.

On that note, Yeah! I am not jailed anymore!

Katchem_ash on
    edited September 2007
    trentsteel, I shall do as advised. Thanks for your output.

On that note, Yeah! I am not jailed anymore!

I give output now?

interesting

Hey, also paint any guns and stuff on it black. Drybrush gray. Should be fine.

trentsteel on

edited September 2007
    So here is what I need to finish for the Desu Brigade:

Build 10 Rough Riders in Mecha Musume style
    Paint 10 Rough Riders (some based on Eureka Seven characters, all riding Eureka Seven Boards)
    Finish heads for 5 HQ for one Platoon
    Finish heads for 10 for one squad
    Finish 1 Balisk Mecha
    Build 1 Russ Mecha

That should give me around 1250 points. I will increase it to either 1850 or such, thus these are also planned:

Build 10 Storm Trooper in OS-tan style (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS-tan)
    Build 10 Veterns
    Build a Heavy Weapons Squad with my Command (AutoCannons)
    Build a Heavy Weapons Squad (Lascannons)

For my Legion of H I have:

Finish painting/building Immolator
    Paint the 6 Sister Retribution Squad
    Paint the 10 Sister of Battle Squad
    Paint the 6 Seraphim Squad
    paint the cannoness
    paint the seraphim heroine
    Finish Painting the 10 Sister of Battle Squad
    Finish building the Exorist
    Finish building the Rhino
    Build the Repenta
    Build the Celestial Squad
    Build the Dominion Squad

So that should bring it up to 1850. I might have another immolator or exorsist.

Any ideas of further increase both the Desu Brigade and the Legion? What else should I include?

Katchem_ash on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    New Orks!

More new Orks!

Still a little wary on the Wartrukk... doesn't look like you can cram 10 bases in there...

Apologies if this has been posted.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    oh my god

those new squigs... so cool

and that bike looks like it is made out of pure tits and a half

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    oh my god

Yes. Those bikes are the epitome of orky badassery.

Shorty on
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Belruel wrote: »
    looking at those figurines makes my fingers itch with the urge to paint miniatures again. my lil bro bought a warhammer set (no idea what) and buthered them, so he asked me to paint some for him, and it was oh so fun.

itchy fingers might just be excema

ZeroFill on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Shorty wrote: »
    oh my god

Yes. Those bikes are the epitome of orky badassery.

Yeah, looks like I'm no longer selling my Kult of Speed army... since the new Chaos Codex sucks.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    oh my god

Honestly, I have a small 40k ork force and I can't wait for these new minis, but the new Vampire Counts stuff is about a million times cooler.
    vc1.jpg
    vc2.jpg
    vc3.jpg
    vc4.jpg
    vc5.jpg
    vc6.jpg
    vc7.jpg
    vc8.jpg

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    wooo grave guard

maybe I'll restart that VC force

Anime Owns on
  • Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mani, what do you have, like 17 armies at this point?

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
    edited September 2007

Two fantasy armies, a mordheim warband, and a 40k army (though my orks are only at like 500 pts).

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited September 2007

Two fantasy armies, a mordheim warband, and a 40k army (though my orks are only at like 500 pts).

Somehow reading your posts it seemed like a lot more.

I may be a worse offender.

3x Chronopia Armies (Blackbloods (gigantic) / Dwarfz / Stygian)
    2x Mordheim Warbands (Skaven (pretty large for MH) / Sisters of Sigmar)
    2x Fantasy Armies (WE (2000+) and O&G (1225+))
    2x Warmachine Armies (Cygnar (2000+ of pure infantry - enough minis to play fantasy) and Cryx (1000 pts of tourny cheese))
    1x Hordes Army (Circle - Battle box and a few spare minis)

Of course, I only really fuck with fantasy these days and I've been meaning to get into BFG.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
    edited September 2007

2x Warmachine Armies (Cygnar (2000+ of pure infantry - enough minis to play fantasy) and Cryx (1000 pts of tourny cheese))

Of course, I only really fuck with fantasy these days and I've been meaning to get into BFG.

I think that's because I'm a habitual army starter. I'll see a cool model for an army I don't have, pick it up and build it before eventually going back to my real armies.
    Thankfully bartertown exists for me to trade these abandoned projects off.

Right now I've got:
    2x Fantasy Armies (around 3k of wood elves, and 4500 pts of Tomb Kings, with 1500 painted)
    1x Mordheim Warband (Clan Pestilens.)
    1x 40k army (orks, although I was going to start an eldar jetbike army at one point)

I'll probably start a Vampire Counts force once they're released. I've got a huge boner for the undead, and when I got into Fantasy I initially wanted to play VCs but was turned off by the crappy model range.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited September 2007

I think that's because I'm a habitual army starter. I'll see a cool model for an army I don't have, pick it up and build it before eventually going back to my real armies.
    Thankfully bartertown exists for me to trade these abandoned projects off.

Right now I've got:
    2x Fantasy Armies (around 3k of wood elves, and 4500 pts of Tomb Kings, with 1500 painted)
    1x Mordheim Warband (Clan Pestilens.)
    1x 40k army (orks, although I was going to start an eldar jetbike army at one point)

I'll probably start a Vampire Counts force once they're released. I've got a huge boner for the undead, and when I got into Fantasy I initially wanted to play VCs but was turned off by the crappy model range.

I pretty much go through cycles where I get fed up with GW for some reason, switch to another game with 100% metal minis, get pissed off when it takes me 3 months to convert an army and then switch back to GW for their high quality plastics that let me make my expensive little men look how I want them to.

Or in the case of WM/Hordes, the terrible fucking rules made me have to quit playing after about 9 months of playing the same exact game over and over and over ad nauseum.

I'm afraid that these realizations are going to turn me into a habitual army starter as well, but I'm not just attacted by the models but also the differing play styles and special rules that every army presents. It seems to me that every fantasy army is completely different, and thus I must end up owning them all (except Empire - I already played WM Cygnar, so I'm not too interested in a gunline).

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
    edited September 2007
    Every fantasy army is totally different.
    I have the same problem where I want to play them all. As of now though, I've really just been playing my Tomb Kings lately. They're a really difficult army to master (unlike wood elves), and I want to get to the point where I can roll over all the guys at my lgs with them.
    For me though, most of the fun comes with the modeling and painting aspect of the hobby. I'm working on a looted sentinel right now that's going to be a blast to paint. (if the fucking plastic goblins I ordered to pilot it ever get here.)
    sentineldrilled.jpg

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited September 2007
    I've got a huge boner for the undead...

I get it!

Yeah, I need to eliminate some armies from my roster so I can focus on Kult of Speed... just because I like kitbashing and scratchbuilding the vehicles. I should post a pic of my Battlewagon.

Tonkka on
    edited September 2007
    Once I get these 500 pts of orks painted I think my next project will be a kustom battlewagon. (looted something or other)

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited September 2007
    Love that Kustom Sentinel, I scratch built a couple of deathkoptaz and my 3 warbuggies from those... in fact I think I've purchased more Sentinels than most Gaurd players.

Tonkka on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If we're going to do that, I've got...

For Fantasy, about 4k+ of Empire, 2k+ of Orcs n Gobbos, 2k+ of High Elves, 2k+ of Dwarfs.

In 40k I've got 4k of Eldar, 3k of Blood Ravens, 3k of Imperial Guard, and then a small bit of Witch-hunters.

A battleship short of 2000pts of BFG Imperial Navy, several mordheim warbands. And every indication of this all growing, such as the Baneblade I'll be grabbing later this year.

I am very much GW's bitch.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited September 2007
    Right now I have 1 fantasy army (Lizardmen around 6000 points) and 2 40k Armies, Desu Brigade and Legion of Hentai (Sisters of Battle).

I also got to build Tentaclerabbi Marines (Chaos Marines), Sakura Assault Force (Space Marines (Based on Space Wolves)), Saber Sword Group (Space Marines (based on Black Templars)), The Bondage Legion (Dark Eldar), The Yuri Raiders (Eldar), The Yoai Lovers (Eldar) and the Emperor's Legion (Grey Knights featuring Katchem_ash!)

Katchem_ash on
    edited September 2007
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Love that Kustom Sentinel, I scratch built a couple of deathkoptaz and my 3 warbuggies from those... in fact I think I've purchased more Sentinels than most Gaurd players.

I'm going to pick up one of the cadian sentinels to put on treads and turn into another dread.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited September 2007
    I'm like the world's slowest painter and a perfectionist to boot, so painting for me is a pretty slow and painful process. That is to say I hate it and I almost never have enough time for it. Most of my armies, however, are painted, but I'm very, very slowly working on the new stuff I've aquired for my WE army. I need to set aside some time one of these weekends for some quality time with my airbrush.

Converting is where I get the majority of my enjoyment from the hobby aspect of the game.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
    edited September 2007
    I'm struggling to push my way out of the "everything must be perfect" mentality I have.
    Both my TKs and my Orks have a metric fuckton of troops to paint. I plan on making my wood elves my meticulously painted army, as there are far less of those to do.
    I finally found a color scheme for my orks that goes quickly without looking shitty. It's two colors with a little ink in the cracks and it looks pretty good.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wow, the detail on the bat creature (no clue what it's called, 40k man myself) is phenomenal. It looks like a massive whore to paint though.

Cilla Black on
  • ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ahahaha, Cilla

ascot on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ugh.

I just went take a quick look at the Warseer rumor forums for anything interesting.

I see "UPCOMING FANTASY EYE OF CHAOS CAMPAIGN WITH PLASTIC GREATER DAEMON".

It turns out the "eye of chaos" is actually goatse.

And the plastic greater daemon is, in fact, a metal greater daemon.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • SoupSoup Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    well that's the best description of goatse I've ever heard

Soup on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, there was an asshole on Warseer the other day who filled up the first page of the forums with dumbassity. It was, as the French say, really dumb.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited October 2007
    Ok, I wanted to show you guy this. You remember when I said I bought two Wraithlords? Yeah well, they are now fully inducted into the Desu Brigade and being painted. Presenting Hido RX23 and the Uusugi type!

Hido RX23:

104_3444.jpg

Using a basecoat of black, I used 2 coats of Iyraden Darksun foundation, 2 coats of sunburst yellow and 2 coats of bad moon yellow.
    104_3441.jpg
    104_3442.jpg

Uusugi Type:

104_3440.jpg

The basecoat was black it was then coated 2 times by Snot green and finally 2 coats of Camo green.
    104_3437.jpg
    104_3438.jpg

Both heads are from Dollar Store Transformers, the weapons belong to the various tanks (please note that each weapon option is included.) and 90% of the Wraithlord Body. Opinions?

Katchem_ash on
    edited October 2007
    Holy shit those are not bad

trentsteel on

• Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That's pretty cool.

You could use to paint them a bit better, but other than that, they're some pretty nice looking minis.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    okay K_A you get a lot of shit for some of your other stuff but those aren't bad at all

maybe be more careful with your painting as you're getting a lot on the gun and bases

Raneados on
    edited October 2007
    Where did you get that crazy giant gun from? Or did you make it?

trentsteel on