As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime Girls' Meetup 2014 - SEND ME YOUR FEEDBACK!!

• Options
    CovetCovet Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    Covet wrote: »
    Just a quick non-update: I expect to be able to start selling tickets very soon! Woo!

The dreaded "soon" >.<

I know. I hate the "soon," too. I didn't want folks thinking I had dropped off the face of the earth or something. :) Wheels are turning and all that jazz.

• Options
    Rita RouletteRita Roulette Leaf on the Wind Alberta, CanadaRegistered User regular
    For the cripplingly shy like myself, is there anything to sort of help break the ice?

• Options
    XadrixnaXadrixna Registered User regular
    I would have a great time meeting other women into geeky things! I need more gal pals :heart_eyes:

• Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    For the cripplingly shy like myself, is there anything to sort of help break the ice?
    Misoma? Assuming your 21+ :p

• Options
    Goddess of MadnessGoddess of Madness Registered User regular

Sit next to lady with hair like David Tennant in Doctor Who and cat glasses.

• Options
    geekyglamorousgeekyglamorous Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    I had pizza for breakfast as last year's. AKA IM SOLD to attend to this year's as well. Oh yeah, everyone was super sweet and great to chat with too!

• Options

Sit next to lady with hair like David Tennant in Doctor Who and cat glasses.

Fingers crossed this event will be full of these :p now to go find cat glasses and a dr who shirt. My hair is sadly not that fab

• Options
    thegh0stthegh0st Registered User regular
    I had a really good time at this last year but I'm not sure if I can make it this year =/

• Options
    TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Check the OP for link to purchase tickets and refund info. Feel free to holler if you have any questions.

• Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    TICKET GOT.

• Options
    mljonirmljonir Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ticket ordered! :3

• Options
    louciefurlouciefur Registered User regular
    Ticket bought!!!

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Got my ticket :) Thanks for setting this up!

@ Covet: OP still says Sun brunch, should correct to Mon to avoid confusion.

SinoSamba on
    3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Whoops. It's supposed to be Sunday. I'll update the ticket. My b.

Covet on
  • Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ticket acquired!

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Just purchased a ticket for my wife :-D

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    Yussss! Just bought 2 tix, one for a PAX first-timer and one for me! Excited to meet other lady nerds! :D

• Options
    SuzamaSuzama Registered User regular
    I've got my ticket. I wasn't able to go to this last year, but I am going this year. :D

• Options
    ennaorennaor Registered User new member
    Do you have to be an attendee of PAX to go to this? Could I bring a friend who is a girl that is into games but not attending PAX?

• Options
    IstaIsta Radar Addict 253, WARegistered User regular
    I skipped this last year because I was just too nervous, and totally regretted it. Just got a ticket, so count in another shy person... I'm sure some common interests will help convo. :)

FC: 2552-1252-7290
  • Options
    ennaor wrote: »
    Do you have to be an attendee of PAX to go to this? Could I bring a friend who is a girl that is into games but not attending PAX?

You do not need a PAX badge to attend. You only need a Girls' Meetup ticket. Feel free to bring your friend!

• Options
    PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular
    Unfortunately we aren't attending Prime this year for a few reasons, one of which is our new baby. I still plan on being in the area to see/visit with people. I was thinking about coming to the brunch but I would have to bring my son who will be 4 almost 5 months by the time Prime rolls around. I don't think it would be a good idea to bring him to the event given the location so I'm probably not going to go. :(

• Options
    wyndstarwyndstar West coast CanadaRegistered User regular
    woo hoo got my ticket! :)

PAX 2015: got tickets, woo hoo!
    PAX 2014: had a blast.. let's do it again!
  • Options
    Goddess of MadnessGoddess of Madness Registered User regular
    Tickets acquired!

• Options
    AngelOfEarthAngelOfEarth Registered User regular
    Super excited! Bringing 2 more along!

• Options
    mljonirmljonir Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So if we bought the ticket before the date was updated to Sunday, will it matter? If I show up on Sunday with a ticket that says Monday I'll still be able to get in, right? :)

• Options
    mljonir wrote: »
    So if we bought the ticket before the date was updated to Sunday, will it matter? If I show up on Sunday with a ticket that says Monday I'll still be able to get in, right? :)

Correct! If you purchased a ticket, I'll have your name on a list and you're all good to go. Just for your own scheduling purposes, make sure you put it in your calendar as Sunday. :D

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Deleted. I need to pay attention to which tread I'm in. Oops :p

DashD on

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    XadrixnaXadrixna Registered User regular
    woohoo, I got one!

• Options
    Sigh -this conflicts with the gearbox panel - tough choice

• Options
    Sigh -this conflicts with the gearbox panel - tough choice

It happens every year. There always seems to be a cool/neat/fun panel that conflicts with the meetup. :(

• Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    When I was at pax in '12 it was during the wil Wheaton hour. But so long as I make it to Markiplier's panel at one, I'm good to come. Hoping to not be so awkward and nervous and actually talk to people this year.

• Options
    Buttons have been ordered! At this time everyone who attends will get a button. :)
    girls_meetup_2014.jpg

• Options
    DustyStarrDustyStarr Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

DustyStarr on
  • Options
    DustyStarr wrote: »
    Neat button. :3 Am still deciding on if I should go or not, partially schedule making, partially wondering if I would feel silly being there without the ability to doll myself up as much as I would like...

I vote... Attend! You'll be dolled up enough, promise!

• Options
    SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    Got my ticket! Looking forward to this. :)

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
  • Options
    REMINDER!

This week is the last week for refunds. After that, you can transfer your ticket to someone else, but you will be responsible for collecting payment and notifying me of the change.

• Options
    gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm still trying to plan things out with the rest of my group. How long does the brunch usually last? Just wondering if I should send them to panels on their own or if I'll be able to meet up with them.

• Options
    I'm still trying to plan things out with the rest of my group. How long does the brunch usually last? Just wondering if I should send them to panels on their own or if I'll be able to meet up with them.

It starts at 10 and I'd say you should expect to be there at least 30 minutes if you are able to get in line and eat really fast. An hour minimum is probably more realistic. I don't expect it to go beyond noon, though.

• Options
    LanfearLanfear Daughter of the Night SeattleRegistered User new member
    Tickets acquired add two more to the list. :)