As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2014 Parties

• level1gamerlevel1gamer Registered User regular
    Thanks for opening up the VR mixer again. My friends and I weren't fast enough the first time. We were able to nab them this time.

• gaminginpublicgaminginpublic Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    A few more updates to Indies Need Booze:
    If you want to drink on the job and get in for free email us at gaminginpublic@yahoo.com. We are looking for volunteers ages 21 and up. We are looking for four people with a passion for indie gaming and drinking. We need two people to cover the shift from 8pm to 11pm then two more for 11pm to 2am. All volunteers get all the swag at our Extremely Drunken Indie Pass plus one drink and meal during their shift. You can have a drink while checking in our guests and you come in before or stay after your shift for the full event.

Second Ouya is now another one of our sponsors. Come meet some of the staff from Ouya and play some of their games on our 92 inch projector!

Third and finally Archive Entertainment who create 8BitMMO on Steam are providing anyone who purchases a ticket (Drunken Indie Pass or Extremely Drunken Indie Pass) 1,000 in-game gold for each ticket you purchase.

Again purchasing a ticket guarantees entrance!

gaminginpublic on
  • CosmopolitanCosmopolitan Registered User regular
    gaaah so many things going on Thursday can't decide!

gaaah so many things going on Thursday can't decide!
    Crossing my fingers you pick Indies Need Booze

• PunisherABPunisherAB Registered User new member
    I don't usually post on the forums, but for the Fangamer x Attract mode event, you can per-purchase ticket now! http://www.fangamer.com/products/fangamer-attract-mode

I also will be help with the Indies Need Booze event on Thursday. See you there!

PunisherAB wrote: »
    I don't usually post on the forums, but for the Fangamer x Attract mode event, you can per-purchase ticket now! http://www.fangamer.com/products/fangamer-attract-mode

I also will be help with the Indies Need Booze event on Thursday. See you there!

Again thank you so much. Without the help from people like you my events would never happen!

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Sorry for the delay. We have been at GenCon for the last few days. Main list is now updated. :)

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • rootedrooted Registered User regular
    Sorry for the delay. We have been at GenCon for the last few days. Main list is now updated. :)

PAX VR Mixer is now sold out. We have just a few spots for reserved VR demo space for anyone that wants to demo their VR game/project. Use the "Reserved VR Demo Space" ticket to reserve a spot.

Thanks!!
    -Mike
    AtomicVR

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    rooted wrote: »

PAX VR Mixer is now sold out. We have just a few spots for reserved VR demo space for anyone that wants to demo their VR game/project. Use the "Reserved VR Demo Space" ticket to reserve a spot.

Thanks!!
    -Mike
    AtomicVR

I should've been keeping tabs on this thread more... :disappointed:

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular

This guy mentioned the Fangamer show that I had brought up a while back:

The OP of the thread has the event listed on Friday (it's actually Saturday) and I don't think it's been updated either.

NSw0gum.png
  • LindabearLindabear Portland, ORRegistered User regular

Thanks!!
    -Mike
    AtomicVR

I should've been keeping tabs on this thread more... :disappointed:

My friend and I decided to attend Attractmode instead, I have 2 of them if you want it :) Just PM me!

PAX Prime 2013 [X]
    PAX Prime 2014 [X]
    PAX Prime 2015 [X]
    Coldbrew wrote: »

This guy mentioned the Fangamer show that I had brought up a while back:

The OP of the thread has the event listed on Friday (it's actually Saturday) and I don't think it's been updated either.

Sorry about that. Updated everything else but missed adding the URL. All set now.

• rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
    rileyper wrote: »

They did this last year too and it was a huge hit. Glad to see it back again.

Added in a couple more events like NAPPP5 and Motiga Presents. Let me know if there are some out there I have missed. Friday and Saturday are looking a little sparse so I am guessing there are more announcements coming.

• AlmarAlmar Registered User regular
    I'm glad Wildstar is doing another party.. Having the rooftop open at the Hard Rock w/ free entry/drink tickets/food/swag was absolutely awesome last year.

• embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Added in a couple more events like NAPPP5 and Motiga Presents. Let me know if there are some out there I have missed. Friday and Saturday are looking a little sparse so I am guessing there are more announcements coming.
    I've been the Nerd Appropriate parties (NAPPP5) in the past. It's really, really fun. Especially if you like BioWare games or the show Heroes of Cosplay on Syfy, I highly recommend reserving a spot to go. The times I've gone, Holly and Jessica from Heroes of Cosplay were there, as were almost all of the BioWare devs attending PAX. :smile: Plus the people who run it are really nice, and run a great website.

embraceternity on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Not sure if this counts as a party (and if not, I aplogize), but via Nintendo:
    After PAX Prime shuts down at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 30, people eager to check out the upcoming Hyrule Warriors game for Wii U can visit the Renaissance Seattle Hotel at 515 Madison St. from 7 to 10 p.m. This event will be open to the public, and a PAX badge is not required for entry. Attendees will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis, as space allows. Cosplaying fans dressed as characters from The Legend of Zelda series will be able to fast-track into the event ahead of the general public. Anyone dressed in The Legend of Zelda gear or wearing a Hyrule Warriors T-shirt (available at the event while supplies last) can enter a drawing for a chance to win some cool original Hyrule Warriors concept artwork. Fans can enter by taking a picture against a special backdrop and tweeting the image with specific hashtags. The winner will be chosen at random toward the end of the event, and the winner must be present to claim the prize.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • LockeoutLockeout Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular

Thanks!!
    -Mike
    AtomicVR

So that's what the Reserved VR Demo Space is. Wasn't quite sure, so I had donated under there just to make sure I didn't miss out on anything. Will that work for just a general admission (or will I have to demo Awkward Conversation Simulator)?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Apparently Nintendo didn't get the memo that PAX is more than the expo hall >.>

"shuts down at 6pm" hah

edited August 2014
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    After PAX Prime shuts down at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 30, people eager to check out the upcoming Hyrule Warriors game for Wii U can visit the Renaissance Seattle Hotel at 515 Madison St. from 7 to 10 p.m. This event will be open to the public, and a PAX badge is not required for entry. Attendees will be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis, as space allows. Cosplaying fans dressed as characters from The Legend of Zelda series will be able to fast-track into the event ahead of the general public. Anyone dressed in The Legend of Zelda gear or wearing a Hyrule Warriors T-shirt (available at the event while supplies last) can enter a drawing for a chance to win some cool original Hyrule Warriors concept artwork. Fans can enter by taking a picture against a special backdrop and tweeting the image with specific hashtags. The winner will be chosen at random toward the end of the event, and the winner must be present to claim the prize.

For sure it counts. I added it to the list. If you have a link to the post where you found it that would be awesome.

adias.angel on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    cloudeagle wrote: »

For sure it counts. I added it to the list. If you have a link to the post where you found it that would be awesome.

Unfortunately I got it in an email. I'll check around and see if they've posted it on the web.

Edit: Ah, here we go. The email also included the PAX Nintendo lineup, and the fact that they're taking Smash Bros. 3DS to various places (far) outside of PAX. But that doesn't apply to us, does it? :P

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    I got this in my email, since I have been Beta testing Archage. Not sure if you want to add it here or not, but figured I would share since I didn't see their booth on the Guidebook map this might be the only way for Trion fans to get their fix.

"Trion Community Party on Friday, August 29 at the W Hotel in Seattle!

During the midst of PAX Prime madness, take a break at 7pm PDT and join the Trion Team for food, drinks and a great time. Be ready for some exciting news about your favorite Trion games, including a very special announcement, and enjoy the chance to get up close and personal with members of the ArcheAge, Trove, RIFT, and Defiance teams. Got a question you've always wanted to ask them? This is your opportunity! "

Both parties now updated and on the list. :)

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Update for the Pre-PAX Dinner

Ticket sales are now closed!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    Saw these on Twitter today:

Devs & Bevs
    Sunday, August 31st, 6pm-10pm
    Hard Rock Cafe
    https://www.facebook.com/events/294622874054954/
    Drinks? Yep. A quintet of game developers? You betcha. If you’re coming to PAX or are in the greater Seattle, WA area, come join us at Devs & Bevs! Five independent game developers—including us, naturally—are hosting a bar night at the Hard Rock Cafe on Sunday, August 31st from 6:00 to 10:00.

The lineup for the evening is extraordinary.

6:00—Fantasia from Harmonix
    6:30—Firewatch from Campo Santo
    7:00—Tharsis from Choice Provisions
    7:30—Below from Capy
    8:00—MASSIVE CHALICE from Double Fine
    8:30—Costume Quest 2 from Double Fine
    9:00—Gang Beasts from Boneloaf

And more! Hope to see you there!

Hitman:Sniper PAX Party
    Friday, August 29th, 8pm-2am
    Hard Rock Cafe
    https://www.facebook.com/events/613135718801735/?source=1
    Join Unity, Square Enix Montréal and DESTRUCTOID, as we throw a Hitman: Sniper party at PAX Prime 2014!

Play Hitman: Sniper before its release and compete in a high score contest where the grand prize winner will get to have their face and name added into the game as a villain for Agent 47 to eliminate.

Other prizes will be given out over the course of the night including gear provided by Razer, rare collectibles, and free drinks. Plus there will be a poutine bar. POUTINE BAR!

Music performed by:

RAY.VS
    http://www.soundcloud.com/rayversus

GRIMECRAFT
    https://soundcloud.com/grimecraft

SABREPULSE
    https://soundcloud.com/sabrepulse

Party is located on the second floor of the Hard Rock Cafe at the Cavern Club.

PimDtoK.png
  • 8bitBass8bitBass Seattle Registered User new member
    Nice thanks for sharing!

PAX Prime 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Exhibitor 2014!!
  • rahnawynrahnawyn Registered User regular
    Saw this ID@Xbox party on Reddit today and don't see it here yet. Transportation provided to and from the Convention Center to Microsoft in Redmond on Thursday night to play some new ID@Xbox games and meet the devs. 18+, under 18 with parent/guardian.

majornelson.com/2014/08/21/youre-invited-microsoft-play-idxbox-games/?linkId=9347526

edited August 2014
    I just got this as an email from BioWare:
    Find out what lurks in the shadows and get a hands-on demo of Shadow Realms™ during the PAX Prime community event*! (* To attend the event, you must be 18 years of age or older. Event space is limited!)

August 29th 7PM PDT - 11PM PDT Grand Hyatt Seattle - 721 Pine St Princessa I and II Ballrooms

embraceternity on
  • killakkkillakk Registered User new member
    is that bioware party for only people who got the email. I notice that no besthda party announced yet.

• jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    Find out what lurks in the shadows and get a hands-on demo of Shadow Realms™ during the PAX Prime community event*! (* To attend the event, you must be 18 years of age or older. Event space is limited!)

August 29th 7PM PDT - 11PM PDT Grand Hyatt Seattle - 721 Pine St Princessa I and II Ballrooms

Gah that's awesome! What Bioware mailing list are you signed up for? I don't think I get any emails from them.

PimDtoK.png
  • level1gamerlevel1gamer Registered User regular
    There's an event at the Microsoft Store on Wednesday:
    http://www.razerzone.com/blade-event

August 27th
    6:00PM–10:00PM
    Microsoft Store, Seattle, WA

6:00–8:00PM: Meet and Greet with your favorite professional gamers
    8:00–10:00PM: Free-to-play on the Blades in the theater area
    First 100 in line receive an exclusive Razer swag bag
    *line begins at 3:00PM
    Razer prize pack with every Blade purchase
    *while supplies last
    Arrive early for a wristband to gain access to the
    AFTER PARTY
    - See more at: http://www.razerzone.com/blade-event#sthash.Fhf6GTPm.dpuf

• I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    I didn't see this already so I wanted to share.
    Twitch/Wargaming party

Friday, August 29, 2014 at 9:00 PM - Saturday, August 30, 2014 at 1:30 AM (PDT)
    Garage Billiards
    1130 Broadway
    Seattle, WA 98122

21+ only

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wargaming-presents-twitch-pax-party-powered-by-intel-tickets-12743842175

ZYseqtZ.png
  • VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    I3izzy wrote: »
    I didn't see this already so I wanted to share.
    Twitch/Wargaming party

Friday, August 29, 2014 at 9:00 PM - Saturday, August 30, 2014 at 1:30 AM (PDT)
    Garage Billiards
    1130 Broadway
    Seattle, WA 98122

21+ only

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wargaming-presents-twitch-pax-party-powered-by-intel-tickets-12743842175

Thanks for posting that. Just an fyi, reserving on Eventbrite doesn't guarantee you entry, it's more so a way for them to get count on how many could be attending. The venue doesn't look as big as their past ones, so get there early :]

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • rootedrooted Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Lockeout wrote: »

Thanks!!
    -Mike
    AtomicVR

So that's what the Reserved VR Demo Space is. Wasn't quite sure, so I had donated under there just to make sure I didn't miss out on anything. Will that work for just a general admission (or will I have to demo Awkward Conversation Simulator)?

If you actually have a VR demo and donated you are good. If you DON'T, please cancel your order, you will be refunded. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee a general admission ticket.

rooted on
    killakk wrote: »
    is that bioware party for only people who got the email. I notice that no besthda party announced yet.
    It looks like it's for everyone! Until it gets full due to limited space, anyway. It looks like it's similar to the Nintendo event happening the same evening. You just show up and hang out with cool people + try their upcoming Shadow Realm game.
    jukkakhan wrote: »

Gah that's awesome! What Bioware mailing list are you signed up for? I don't think I get any emails from them.
    I'm not sure! It might be because I signed up for their Dragon Age Keep beta? I keep getting emails from them with updates on their upcoming Shadow Realm game, and this PAX email very pleasantly showed up in my inbox one morning.

edited August 2014
    I think the list is now updated with all the events announced over the weekend. If I missed one let me know. :)

adias.angel on
  • gstaffgstaff Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    You can add Bethesda/The Evil Within to the party list :)

First details here.

gstaff on
    Ron says war never changes. Snake says it does. What gives?
  • PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    I just want to let it be known that this thread is EXTREMELY useful. Many thanks to adias.angel for running it.

• pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Ooh..Bethesda party...you have intrigued me.