As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Samurai [chat]

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Yea Steam support is awful, Valve just doenst care after they have your money.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Even though my last H/A thread bore no fruit, i think i'll make a second one that I expect good things from.

Gonna ask peeps to help me make my resume not-as-shitty.

Is there a limit to the number of H/A threads you can make?

ask Deebaser‌ to take a look, he knows his shit

Would be happy to help, but in all honesty, Vanguard is a much better get. Dude has a way with words. A sick, deviant way with them. I hear he was once caught fucking a gerund.

Vanguard's way with words is useless to me.

Because my resume needs to be in French.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Even though my last H/A thread bore no fruit, i think i'll make a second one that I expect good things from.

Would be happy to help, but in all honesty, Vanguard is a much better get. Dude has a way with words. A sick, deviant way with them. I hear he was once caught fucking a gerund.

voulez vous couche avec mois?

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Yea Steam support is awful, Valve just doenst care after they have your money.

Well, why should they care if they already have your money?

it's not like you'll stop.

Yes, I would like to sleep with a month.

Well, the month of August, specifically. Don't gimme none of that November bullshit.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    lololol

Zephiran‌ posted this link a while back and I bookmarked it under Huntington's Disease->Behavioral in my bookmarks by accident

That is funny for a number of reasons

h://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SHGdwB19Kc

Is it weird that I don't use bookmarks? Or is Winky the odd one out for still using them?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    This job ad falls apart in the first sentence:

sBPqbRl.png

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Well, the month of August, specifically. Don't gimme none of that November bullshit.

i gotta be honest with you, moi fromage. I don't speak french.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

voulez-vous coucher avec mois?

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    This job ad falls apart in the first sentence:

sBPqbRl.png

HR

HR wat r u doin

HR stahp

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I liked the way Del Boy would authoritatively say "mange tout, mange tout" when he was agreeing with someone.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    A cool thing about dreams - that I have been noting while in the dream lately - is how amazingly detailed and accurate they can be

I can't remember people that clearly when awake

I even checked when I got up today - the person in the dream did have facial details that I am pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to consciously recall

(as an aside, it's a bit frustrating to wake up and realize that I was so close to having a full understanding of the dream being a dream - lucid dreaming is all about fully realizing that, and be freed from just acting according to the laws of the dream. Lucid dreaming was hella fucking awesome and I want to do that again.)

ftOqU21.png
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Without really reading anything or gettingg the widget to load this looks an awful lot like the labeling is more important that the sketches.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    that girl is like 4.1 cats tall

that is short

ftOqU21.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Maybe I'll just email gaben@valve.com

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    everything about hiring...

Last night I was applying for jerbs for my sister and the HR system didn't import her resume, and demanded I use DD.MM.YYYY formatting, which is both needlessly european and dumb for requiring periods. I had to write dates many times since they needed me to basically rewrite her entire fucking resume in their dumb system.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Irond Will wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I'm fairly positive I'm going to end up burning down the data center that steam uses for support, and I'll get off free and clear after I show the courts the logs of our conversations back and forth, 4 replies over the course of 3 months.

So fucking infuriating. And then pull in so much money a year and I get better support from fucking time warner.

I go from one jack off to another, level 1 to level -1. There is no one higher then level 1 roboscripter.

Oh you have a problem? Read the FAQ.

Oh you have a problem not covered in the FAQ? Let me respond in a nonsensical manner.

Oh that didn't resolve your issue? Read the FAQ.

Oh I'm not reading your question or problem correctly? We don't solve support issues.

i thought steam was the One True Gaming Platform

You would think.

smCQ5WE.jpg

No, really?

You had me fooled, there.

Bogart wrote: »

P sure my graph for this is just a flat line that starts at "Chief Lord of the Universe".

Sure paying off my credit card is a much more reasonable goal, but I am not about to compromise. You shouldn't adjust your ambitions just to accommodate silly things like reality.

edited August 2014
    double

Winky on

voulez-vous coucher avec mois?

ce soir?

edited August 2014
    EDIT: Aw, didn't mean to be mean :(

Winky on
    everything about hiring...

Last night I was applying for jerbs for my sister and the HR system didn't import her resume, and demanded I use DD.MM.YYYY formatting, which is both needlessly european and dumb for requiring periods. I had to write dates many times since they needed me to basically rewrite her entire fucking resume in their dumb system.

CV importing never works. So for every job you apply for you have to rewrite the whole damn thing.

And it's ultimately pointless anyhow. Just request a pdf and give it to an HR intern to deal with.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    what is this about having my way with words

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    good morning people and unpersons

919UOwT.png

No, really?

You had me fooled, there.

Oui. Verily.

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    JavaScript, sometimes known as C#,

I think the best thing about that phrase is that, for some reason, it uses the formal you rather than the informal.

I think a barman once tried to impress French Gril by saying that to her. He didn't know what it meant. She told him. He looked like he wanted to die on the spot. Maybe he gave us free drinks as a result?

"Frog" referring to french or francophone people is considered a slur, FYI.

I don't take it personally, you clearly don't know, but if you call an actual french person a frog, you might make someone genuinely angry.

BeNarwhal wrote: »
    JavaScript, sometimes known as C#,

C++, also known as C or C#, is a programming language. That means it's a way to talk to computers.

Gooey wrote: »
    good morning people and unpersons

*Narwhals*

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    here's something that's annoying!: so the gas station at the corner as i leave my neighborhood puts a $125 hold on your credit card when you buy gas there, regardless of the amount, for like ~3 days. So if my wife and I get gas on the same day there's a $250 pending charge sitting there for $100 in gas! It kind of sucks!

919UOwT.png

I don't take it personally, you clearly don't know, but if you call an actual french person a frog, you might make someone genuinely angry.

Ack, sorry, didn't mean to say anything genuinely offensive :(

I think the best thing about that phrase is that, for some reason, it uses the formal you rather than the informal.

I think a barman once tried to impress French Gril by saying that to her. He didn't know what it meant. She told him. He looked like he wanted to die on the spot. Maybe he gave us free drinks as a result?

Lots of people don't realise that "you" is both "Tu" and "Vous".

Plural you is always Vous, but singular you is sometimes Tu and sometimes Vous.

Vous when talking to one person is formal, whereas tu is more casual.

This has been your french lesson by a guy who isn't french.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I can speak French

See:
    VIDEO

ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit
    ribbit ribbit ribbit
    ribbit

I wholeheartedly agree.

Bless your heart.
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    who still thinks they could be president at 17?

dude was destined for a harsh learning curve

Ack, sorry, didn't mean to say anything genuinely offensive :(

It's not, don't worry.

It's as offensive as me calling all Americans Yankies.

This discussion has been closed.