As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Samurai [chat]

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edit: I missed fifty posts saying 'limey' in a 5 minute gap.

limey doesnt work

its so innocuous and benign

obF2Wuw.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    who the fuck doesn't back their shit up?

919UOwT.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Bogart wrote: »
    zagdrob wrote: »
    You can always call them Scottish or Irish.

Or is it the other way around?

Wouldn't be an insult. The other way around might get you a punch or a sharp correction, though.

Hey wait a minute. Don't the Irish or the Scottish have insults for the English?

Usually 'The English', said with a spit and a dour frown and a history of oppression on the mind.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Experiments in airbrushing.

BvaMr59IMAAfC_e.jpg:large

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    hey guys, did a pee

good job. hi 5

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i guess... soft southern ponces? or something along those lines?

but its not specific to english people its just general disdain for people not in scotland

obF2Wuw.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Experiments in airbrushing.

BvaMr59IMAAfC_e.jpg:large

I need to start painting minis again.

steam_sig.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    we are bringing a tightly wound friend to a music festival next week

i'm kinda hoping he tries some crazy drugs just to see what he's like

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    zagdrob wrote: »

I don't think you understand how D Wayne Love operates. I'm frankly surprised that all his material isn't written on discarded roach paper and pages torn out of Das Kapital.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    Couscous wrote: »

Seance? What is this the Victorian era or does it means something else here?

I do not think you realise how the Very Reverend D Wayne Love operates. I'm just surprised it wasn't a combo-seance-cum-house-party-stroke-anarchist-revolutionary-meeting.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

i just call the english redcoats

919UOwT.png
    "She said I'm masculine"
    "I'm on mescaline"

BEAST! wrote: »
    hey guys, did a pee

i did one about 20 minutes earlier it was great we should team up and pee together some time

obF2Wuw.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    steam support is like

hitler tier

origin support is 3000 times better

its pretty weird actually but there u go, valve decided not to give a shit

hiring a class of support peons would defo change the company culture

Steam only had 2 people answering tickets, for millions of users. Anything complicated that a basic form letter didnt handle, they would just ban the account and refuse further contact. It was like 5 hitlers, and now its just hitler.

i am skeptical of the alleged flatness of their corporate hierarchy to begin with, so yes, they should form a more hierarchical unit for answering support calls, which would allow for a more filtered response system

but it is such a large change to their corporate culture that i am sure they will resist doing so until they cannot avoid it

aRkpc.gif
    Winky wrote: »

Look, I'm getting the feeling here that people don't understand how the leader of the First Presyltarian Church of Elvis The Devine - His Holiness The Very Reverend D Wayne Love of the Country Acid House Blues band Alabama 3 operates.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

C'mon lucky personality reset

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    I was listening to Joe Rogan's podcast and he had this nutcase on talking about Seasteading.

Basically building floating cities in international water.

The blatant overtones of using desperate poor people fleeing 3rd world countries as a source of cheap labor were staggering.

It's one of those ideas that Libertarians bring up every so often, and sometimes you get some people bold enough to actually try it. Operation Atlantis which built a ferro-concrete boat and sailed it into the Caribbean. Then they learned that hurricanes happen. Republic of Minerva which expanded Minerva Reef found itself expelled by the military of Tonga who had already claimed the reef.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    I was listening to Joe Rogan's podcast and he had this nutcase on talking about Seasteading.

Basically building floating cities in international water.

The blatant overtones of using desperate poor people fleeing 3rd world countries as a source of cheap labor were staggering.

It's one of those ideas that Libertarians bring up every so often, and sometimes you get some people bold enough to actually try it. Operation Atlantis which built a ferro-concrete boat and sailed it into the Caribbean. Then they learned that hurricanes happen. Republic of Minerva which expanded Minerva Reef found itself expelled by the military of Tonga who had already claimed the reef.

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    heh, african folks apparently called britfolks Rednecks in their respective languages

The Reverend, whose real name is Jake Black, co-founded Alabama 3 in the Nineties and the group has since released 12 albums and 16 singles. Their style combines aspects of gospel, country, blues and house music.

So this is what my life has been missing.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I call the English Citizens of the Land of Inedible Cuisine
    The English only have 3 dishes to claim
    1) Mush
    2) Bland Mush
    3) Blander Mush

Bless your heart.
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i am going to feed so hard today

poo
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    did y'all go muddin in other folks' towns in yer empirin days

edited August 2014
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I call the English Citizens of the Land of Awesome Cuisine
    The English only have 4 dishes to claim
    1) Mash
    2) Sausage and Mash
    3) Curry
    4) Full English Breakfast

Fixed.

Bogart on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I have heard people from certain parts of England sound worse than meth'd up alabama trailer trash

Bless your heart.
    desc wrote: »

when he's drunk, he just gets loud and tells people about how great daft punk are

maybe ketamine would be good for him, ya know?

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Even though my last H/A thread bore no fruit, i think i'll make a second one that I expect good things from.

Gonna ask peeps to help me make my resume not-as-shitty.

Is there a limit to the number of H/A threads you can make?

ask Deebaser‌ to take a look, he knows his shit

Would be happy to help, but in all honesty, Vanguard is a much better get. Dude has a way with words. A sick, deviant way with them. I hear he was once caught fucking a gerund.

Vanguard's way with words is useless to me.

Because my resume needs to be in French.

voulez vous couche avec mois?

Yes, I would like to sleep with a month.

Well, the month of August, specifically. Don't gimme none of that November bullshit.
    Gregorian months are okay, but French Republican months are where it's at

OaWMAvZ.png

hubba hubba

edited August 2014
    The Reverend, whose real name is Jake Black, co-founded Alabama 3 in the Nineties and the group has since released 12 albums and 16 singles. Their style combines aspects of gospel, country, blues and house music.

Correct.

Exile on Cold Harbour Lane is a work of musical genius, ther is not a single bad track and it is a style you will have never heard before.
    La Pesta is a much more country album, the house music is stripped right back but still a great listen - more of a grower though.
    Power in the Blood, Outlaw and especially M.O.R are all eminently skipable. M.O.R made me think that they as a group had lost it.
    Revolver Soul is the best album of the last 10 years, at least. It reaches and surpasses Exile with an unbelievable sonic assault.

All of their acoustic albums are well worth it - their cover version of Love Will Tear Us Apart is heartbreakingly good.

Alistair Hutton on

TTODewback wrote: »
    I have heard people from certain parts of England sound worse than meth'd up alabama trailer trash

Those are our delightful regional accents.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Is there a insult for Scots?

edited August 2014
    1) Mash is just Mush with an A instead of a U
    2) A german sausage will beat an english sausage to death
    3) There is nothing remotely english about curry
    4) baked beans for breakfast is heresy

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

when he's drunk, he just gets loud and tells people about how great daft punk are

maybe ketamine would be good for him, ya know?

"daft punk is like ... Like ... So ... ..."

Sober?

call them all bravehearts or just english

919UOwT.png
    Gooey wrote: »

call them all bravehearts or just english

I would imagine calling a "true Scotsman" English would be the most infuriating thing ever.

Bless your heart.
    I will destroy things

I will crush dem

Raghagh

poo

Correct.

Exile on Cold Harbour Lane is a work of musical genius, ther is not a single bad track and it is a style you will have never heard before.
    La Pesta is a much more country album, the house music is stripped right back but still a great listen - more of a grower though.
    Power in the Blood, Outlaw and especially M.O.R are all eminently skipable. M.O.R made me think that they as a group had lost it.
    Revolver Soul is the best album of the last 10 years, at least. It reaches and surpasses Exile with an unbelievable sonic assault.

All of their acoustic albums are well worth it - their cover version of Love Will Tear Us Apart is heartbreakingly good.

I am going to give that first album a try because it sounds interesting and you're so passionate about it.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    steam support is like

hitler tier

origin support is 3000 times better

its pretty weird actually but there u go, valve decided not to give a shit

hiring a class of support peons would defo change the company culture

Steam only had 2 people answering tickets, for millions of users. Anything complicated that a basic form letter didnt handle, they would just ban the account and refuse further contact. It was like 5 hitlers, and now its just hitler.

i am skeptical of the alleged flatness of their corporate hierarchy to begin with, so yes, they should form a more hierarchical unit for answering support calls, which would allow for a more filtered response system

but it is such a large change to their corporate culture that i am sure they will resist doing so until they cannot avoid it

On the flatness, it's pretty clear its a super stressful environment because rockstars get everything and if you dont get our of their way you get fucked hard or thrown to the wayside. Their employee handbook is available publicly and it explains how to overcome such obstacles and it seems pretty good about it.

It's still been pretty fucked up. Recently I think the blood bowl or the space hulk devs had issues and couldnt get in contact with anyone at valve so they changed their game name in steam to "CAN SOMEONE AT VALVE SUPPORT CONTACT US ABOUT ISSUES X/Y/Z ITS AN EMERGENCY AND THERES NO SUPPORT ANSWERS?" in a super long string. It updated in the store, and in peoples libraries, it was pretty amazing.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    my Wii U arrives any minute

I saw opportunity to get one for $170 and did in advance of Bayonetta 2's release

mai waifu

override367 on
This discussion has been closed.