As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the Week for 09/26/07

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Graphic Violence
Man, why hasn't anyone made this thread yet? Anyway, this week was phenomenal.

Iron Fist - his entire fight with the sumo dude. Actually, let's just say the whole damn issue.

Iron Fist Annual - the whole damn issue

X-Men - the whole Beast vs. Dark Beast fight in the Endangered Species bit.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Iron Fist
    Bring me my victory wenches!

august on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Haha, yeah. I randomly chose to read the regular issue before the Annual, and luckily this is the correct order. The annual was just awesome, though. Orson's adventures were so old school pulp fiction. Also, the last non-Chaykin section was drawn by Jelena Djudjevic, and it was the best art in the entire issue. She and Marko need more interior work.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2007
    My shop sold out of Iron Fist before I got there, but they had like ten of the annuals. I mean, on one hand, I'm glad it's selling well, but on the other hand, you know, I'd like to read it.

DJ Eebs on
    edited September 2007
    Let's just say that things in the issue did not progress in a way I would have predicted.

Also: the shit is getting complicated. "Some questions answered, more raised" type deal. Stuff. Going down.

august on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Any part of the Iron Fist issue with Chaykin art was eye rape.

Allstar Batman is the most hilarious comic ever. And batman was just fucking awesome

Bloods End on
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, I picked up the last three issues of Batman. Awesomesauce.

At least Chaykin didn't do the whole book. Or the cool parts. Is what I kept telling myself.

august on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I am probably the only one who cares, but I am so pleased with this J'onn arc in JLA Classified.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited September 2007
    JLA

Green Lantern (John): You see me? I would look good with a bald head. maybe grow a goatee to finish the whole look.

Bloods End on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    He also put someone in a bubble.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited September 2007
    Blue Beetle

" HE NEEDS HELP! HE NEEDS SEXY HELP!"

Bloods End on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Starlord #3
    Groot lives! And gets spat on!

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • jonny_consequencejonny_consequence Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It seems like an obvious choice, but still...
    gbat.JPG

jonny_consequence on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Countdown got a few moments for me this week.
    Todd: "youre nothing but a second rate Batman." "No, you are!" as Todd gets owned. It's funny because its true.

Then shortly after when the Society shows up, "Someone just hit me with a crowbar already". Again, funny because its true.

Teen Titans 51
    The end cliffhanger, while obviously not going to happen next issue, was still pretty cool. The Prometheus fight was pretty good too. And Rose wondering if she should be happy or upset that Conner tortures her father in the future was funny stuff.

Starlord 3
    Groot was awesome. Love the role reversal for him and Rocket and spitting on him was funny as hell.

The Gabe image at the end reminds me of Wolverine in the sewers during the Hellfire Club stuff way back in Uncanny X-Men. The whole bloodied and beaten and the only hope for the rest of the team. Very cool stuff.

Immortal Iron Fist 9 & Annual
    "Bring me my wenches"! And "Sweet fucking Christmas it's cold"!

Immortal Iron Fist Annual was a whole lot of eye rape. It was a good, fun tale about Orson's past but I dont see why this story was so important that Danny had to lose the first round and travel back to Earth and go to France. Nothing major was revealed. I think it would have been better to stay and just learn more from the Book of Iron Fist than find out his father got his money from Orson. Did I miss some major reveal here? Did Orson's daughter just want him to go get more information on the father she never knew or something? I hope Fraction and Bru do more with this next issue of the main series to make this so important he had to leave the tournament.

Ill see if I can upload some scans later if people are interested.

KVW on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    My shop sold out of Iron Fist before I got there, but they had like ten of the annuals. I mean, on one hand, I'm glad it's selling well, but on the other hand, you know, I'd like to read it.

This is why I added it to my pull list a week after I got it.

Me Too! on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Goddamn Batman #7
    "Not one word! I've taken enough grief about calling my goddamn car the goddamn Batmobile! I'm the goddamn Batman and I can call my goddamn car whatever the hell I want to call it!"

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ugh.

Please tell me that's not an actual line of dialogue.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh, but it is.

Wildcat on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    JLA

Green Lantern (John): You see me? I would look good with a bald head. maybe grow a goatee to finish the whole look.

I want McDuffie on JLA until he has no more JLU references to make

Garlic Bread on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    UGH

"Let me take you to school, suckers...

... in CHEMISTRY."

I also never thought I'd see the day when Batman was calling thugs "Sweetheart" and "Boy of mine."

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I personally loved Sub-Mariner.
    Namor ripping out Venom's tongue? Badass.

Vann Diras on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    Frank Miller is such a grade-A badass.

DMAC on
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    Frank Miller is such a grade-A JackAss.

Fixed

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
    edited September 2007
    Iron Fist was great. All of it. Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty good, too.

Me Too! on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Initiative
    Slapstick going apeshit on Gauntlet.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    The Initiative
    Slapstick going apeshit on Gauntlet.

That was actually an incredibly disturbing sight.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I haven't read a lot

but so far all of ASBaR.

Sars_Boy on
    edited September 2007
    I so wanted to get that.
    But my strict no-mainstream DC policy only makes exceptions for Flash, Green Lantern, and maybe Green Arrow. Maybe.

Me Too! on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2007
    wiggin why are you so retarded

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2007
    Because hey fuck mainstream DC, which I consider series starring mainstream characters.
    "Man let's do this event because shit's confusing. Man that made it more confusing, let's try to fix it. Oh fuck now we need to do another one after we jump all our storylines ahead a year and do 2 weekly series."

Also I'm just not a big fan of DC for the most part.

Me Too! on
    edited September 2007
    "i want to read that but i have a policy that says "DON'T READ THINGS YOU WANT""

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2007
    Alternate response: Fuck you.

Me Too! on
    edited September 2007
    wiggin, you like to do a thing where you say something retarded, then someone calls you retarded, then you say, "Why, because I do these retarded things?"

it's always yes, wiggin

you're god damn retarded

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2007
    Because most people just go "Man he's being retarded again" and leave it be.
    As opposed to flying up my ass about it.

Me Too! on
    edited September 2007
    have you tried not being retarded?

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2007
    Have you tried just not responding to the retarded shit I say?
    Because I wouldn't have said anything more if you hadn't responded.

Me Too! on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lol! wrote: »

that's some awesome logic you got going on there.

Angry on
    edited September 2007
    Lol! wrote: »

yep, it's my fault you're a retard

Garlic Bread on
    edited September 2007
    Did I fucking say that? Did I?
    Pretty sure I didn't.

I said that there are people who just think "Yeah, he's being stupid again" and then move on without responding. You seem to be unable to do this. Fuck off.

Me Too! on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    To be fair, it's generally true that you can't say anything around here that amounts to "I don't really like to read DC" without someone getting on your case about it. I mean, Lol!'s situation is more or less true for me (because I'm far more invested in Marvel than DC), but I don't remind people of it. At any rate, Lol! shouldn't make a point of reminding us of his bias against DC and Keith shouldn't have a knee-jerk reaction to everyone who says they don't like/are biased against DC. At least not in a thread about moments of the week.

wwtMask on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    Frank Miller is such a grade-A JackAss.

Fixed

I've said it before. As long as Frank Miller only writes HIS OWN characters, I'm fine with him.

The second he writes someone else, he's worthless.
    "i want to read that but i have a policy that says "DON'T READ THINGS YOU WANT"
    I gotta agree with Keith. If I ever see someone in a Moment of the Week thread tell me how awesome a comic I don't read was that week, I tend to pick it up, regardless of who is in it, etc.

Unless it's Countdown.

And Mask: It's more that he's bitching about how he wants to read it, but has a policy not to.
    We're not gonna fucking arrest you because you picked up Allstar Batman and Robin and you have a policy not to.

The Muffin Man on