As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Young Justice was Better Thread

• SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Wait, no! EDDIE!!! EDDDIIEEEEE!!!

he's going to show up at the Titans Tower, it'll be pouring outside, and Kid Devil's gonna open the door

Their loving embrace will rock the DC Universe... oh, maybe that's what sets off Kid Crusade? He's on a crusade all right, a crusade against man/man-demon love...

Edit: Additionally, how fucking hard must it be to learn to say things backwards? I honestly wouldn't want Zatarra with me in a tight spot...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Keith wrote:

he's going to show up at the Titans Tower, it'll be pouring outside, and Kid Devil's gonna open the door

Their loving embrace will rock the DC Universe... oh, maybe that's what sets off Kid Crusade? He's on a crusade all right, a crusade against man/man-demon love...

Edit: Additionally, how fucking hard must it be to learn to say things backwards? I honestly wouldn't want Zatarra with me in a tight spot...
    I don't think there's much you could do to keep him away from your tight spot.

robosagogo on
    edited October 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Good point... hmm... Eddie's not gonna like that..

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Good point... hmm... Eddie's not gonna like that..

He could just spend an hour after learning how to do it trying to say "Tneulf Sdrawkcab"

The Muffin Man on
    edited October 2006
    Are you postulating that learning to talk backwards is in some way synonomis with learning a language? That there is actually a way to become fluent in talking backwards?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    edited October 2006
    Dude.

He says things backwards and it happens.

It's plausible ;)

The Muffin Man on
    edited October 2006
    Dude.

It's plausible ;)

Touche' you win this round Muffin Man...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Dude.

It's plausible ;)

niaga kalt reven lliw uoy

Fencingsax on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    That was a great last page reveal. But she's definitely not the traitor.

Lux on
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Dude.

It's plausible ;)

em etib

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Titans East cover is up.

TTCv43.jpg

1. What happened to Joker's Daughter?

2. Deathstroke looks really funny.

It's like he's trying to be serious after he got made fun of by his older brother, or something.

Sars_Boy on
    edited October 2006
    That deathstroke is pretty awful... on the other hand, that cover is ten different flavors of awesome.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Cassie shows her mouth now? I guess to tell you that she's going to talk your ear off.

Match looks like Solomon Grundy

Deathstroke looks like he was told how totally queer his car name is

Garlic Bread on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Why does Match look like Solomun Grundy? And man, I hate Batgirl's costume with the mouth open like that.

Munch on
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Cassie shows her mouth now? I guess to tell you that she's going to talk your ear off.

I'm not positive, but didn't she do this very late in her series as well?

Also, Goeff Johns better ignore everything that happened in those issues of Robin. If they just ignore that negative of a fan reaction, then they're idiots.

Sars_Boy on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Munch wrote:
    Why does Match look like Solomun Grundy? And man, I hate Batgirl's costume with the mouth open like that.
    you forgot the part about Deathstroke's facial expression and All Star Batman

other than that, it's a good imitation of my post

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    you forgot the part about Deathstroke's facial expression and All Star Batman

other than that, it's a good imitation of my post

Beaten by goddamn seconds I tell you.

Munch on
    edited October 2006
    " Part 1 of the eagerly anticipated “Titans East” story! Led by Deathstroke, a Teen Titans team consisting of Batgirl, Risk, Match, Alter Boy, Enigma, Sun Girl and Inertia is out to chew gum and kick butt…and guess what? They’re all out of gum!"

1) I thought it was Kid Crusader, not Alter Boy? And it's spelled "altar" anyway
    2) I thought it was Riddler's Daughter, not Enigma?

Garlic Bread on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Heres a quickie..Fix'd?

titanseast.jpg

Anyways..can't wait to see this get started.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited October 2006
    Does Risk have a moustache? I can't really tell. But if so, right on. More superpeople need a cowboy moustache.

Munch on
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    " Part 1 of the eagerly anticipated “Titans East” story! Led by Deathstroke, a Teen Titans team consisting of Batgirl, Risk, Match, Alter Boy, Enigma, Sun Girl and Inertia is out to chew gum and kick butt…and guess what? They’re all out of gum!"

1) I thought it was Kid Crusader, not Alter Boy? And it's spelled "altar" anyway
    2) I thought it was Riddler's Daughter, not Enigma?

I thought it was Joker's Daughter.

She was one of the characters I was looking forward to seeing. :(

Sars_Boy on
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Dude.

It's plausible ;)

I hope tlaking isn't important.

The Muffin Man on
    edited October 2006
    I thought Joker's Daughter and Riddler's Daughter were titans during 52

Garlic Bread on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Keith wrote:

I'm not positive, but didn't she do this very late in her series as well?

Also, Goeff Johns better ignore everything that happened in those issues of Robin. If they just ignore that negative of a fan reaction, then they're idiots.

That was so disapointing because other then the Cassies part the Robin arc had been completly fan-fucking-tastic.

Bloods End on
  • hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    What are the rest of the Titans from Jurgen's run doing?

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    hughtron wrote:

Hiding from Dan Dido?

Bloods End on
    edited October 2006
    hughtron wrote:

Hotspot / Joto was a Titan during 52, as was Argent. Risk is now in Titans East, and Cap Jr. is in the process of becoming the new Captain Marvel. The Atom grew up again and is now retired, and as for Prysm and Fringe..I dunno.

Teen Titans and Titans East needs some more Mike McKone damnit!

Bad Karma on
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Prsym and Fringe live with their alien parents on their homeworld i belive

Green Lantern on
  • BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I havent been following Teen Titans or Batgirl, so I have a question. Is there any reason known right now as to why Cassie is suddenly evil?

BiggNife on
    edited October 2006
    BiggNife wrote:
    I havent been following Teen Titans or Batgirl, so I have a question. Is there any reason known right now as to why Cassie is suddenly evil?
    Real reason: bad writing

official reason? None

I say the Lazarus Pit

Garlic Bread on
    edited October 2006
    BiggNife wrote:

In a nutshell, Cassie took a dip in a lazarus pit, took over League of Assassins, beat the shit out of Robin, then took off.
    We will be addressing in Teen Titans exactly what the deal is with her. Is she a bad guy? How? Why? She was a completely different character before “One Year Later,” so let’s find out what happened.

Bad Karma on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    for some reason I thought you were talking about Wonder Girl

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited October 2006
    BiggNife wrote:

She found out that Cain had trained other children, so she no longer felt like daddy's little girl (disregarding that she knew Bronze Tiger had been trained by Cain a long time ago). But it'd be easier to explain it as, "Editorial mandated bullshit."

Munch on
    edited October 2006
    456px-Match.gif

Whoever did the coloring for the Titans East cover shouldn't have used all that white in the hair, as it does give him a Grundy look. Plus he should have pupils.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2006
    More defined pupils, crackelature to the skin, and I thought I'd slightly gussy up that cleavage on Sun Girl. And Im not calling Kid Crusader Altar Boy...

Creepy.

titanseast2.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I like Inertia 'cause he reminds me of Impulse and I miss Impulse.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited October 2006

Shoe let's hug.

Sars_Boy on
    edited October 2006
    uh oh uglies gonna be bumped.

Fortunately, the original rumors of The Griffen being the next Inertia have been put to bed.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Shoe let's hug.

yes

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited October 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Shoe let's hug.

yes

*hug*

Sars_Boy on