As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Young Justice was Better Thread

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    Dude.

He says things backwards and it happens.

It's plausible ;)

Touche' you win this round Muffin Man...

niaga kalt reven lliw uoy

I hope tlaking isn't important.

I thought just the words reversed, but sentence structure and word order remained the same with the way Zatanna and some others talk?

DouglasDanger on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    I thought just the words reversed, but sentence structure and word order remained the same with the way Zatanna and some others talk?

Yeah, which is confusing.

Re: the new issue

[spoiler:ee4dc95351]unexpected![/spoiler:ee4dc95351]

Garlic Bread on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So... wait...

[spoiler:b4bebed533] Jericho was... uh... on a CD? [/spoiler:b4bebed533]

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    So... wait...

[spoiler:1bdb65dc97] Jericho was... uh... on a CD? [/spoiler:1bdb65dc97]

DVD.

Hensler on
    edited November 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    So... wait...

[spoiler:9b9c59db58] Jericho was... uh... on a CD? [/spoiler:9b9c59db58]

DVD.

HD-DVD... yeah, that's right... fuck Blue-Ray.

Seriously though... as interesting as this arc has been, there had better be a damn good explanation at the end of it.

Oh, and more of Miss Martian.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    So... wait...

[spoiler:af15377e25] Jericho was... uh... on a CD? [/spoiler:af15377e25]

DVD.

Guys, I CAN'T believe you didn't notice. He was on a Blu-Ray outside of it's case....OBVIOUS.

Transporter on
    edited November 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    So... wait...

[spoiler:a35ec3b289] Jericho was... uh... on a CD? [/spoiler:a35ec3b289]

DVD.

Guys, I CAN'T believe you didn't notice. He was on a Blu-Ray outside of it's case....OBVIOUS.

Actually, Blu-Ray would make sense in this instance.

[spoiler:a35ec3b289] Digging up Blood's secrets and using all sorts of complicated magic is still way cheaper and easier than buying a PS3 or a Blu-Ray player to get Jericho back. [/spoiler:a35ec3b289]

Hensler on
    edited November 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    Hensler wrote:
    Sentry wrote:
    So... wait...

[spoiler:12b3df20d9] Jericho was... uh... on a CD? [/spoiler:12b3df20d9]

DVD.

Actually, Blu-Ray would make sense in this instance.

[spoiler:12b3df20d9] Digging up Blood's secrets and using all sorts of complicated magic is still way cheaper and easier than buying a PS3 or a Blu-Ray player to get Jericho back. [/spoiler:12b3df20d9]

And the winner of the Jericho DVD reference extravaganza is...

HENSLER!! By an astoundingly funny TKO.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    [spoiler:b46d2b3393]and why the hell are we bringing jericho back? i mean, i always liked him, but i don't understand how joey is going to 'make the titans a family again,' or why he would even join a team full of teen heroes after his last appearance in the book. that part aside, he's probably the biggest traitor in the team's history, moreso than terra, even. it should have been Conner; raven trying to bring him back would make a lot of sense, especially with the 'do i have a soul?' subplot that involved the two of them.[/spoiler:b46d2b3393]

Conditional_Axe on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Have they indicated at all whether or not the inevitable return of Superboy has been planned already?

robosagogo on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    Re: CD thing

[spoiler:105eb8f841]He tried to possess Cyborg before, but Cyborg turned him into a data file.[/spoiler:105eb8f841]

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    [spoiler:57963b4615]and why the hell are we bringing jericho back? i mean, i always liked him, but i don't understand how joey is going to 'make the titans a family again,' or why he would even join a team full of teen heroes after his last appearance in the book. that part aside, he's probably the biggest traitor in the team's history, moreso than terra, even. it should have been Conner; raven trying to bring him back would make a lot of sense, especially with the 'do i have a soul?' subplot that involved the two of them.[/spoiler:57963b4615]

[spoiler:57963b4615]Thank you... honestly, Jericho is a huge freaking disappointment. I would much rather have Conner back. I mean hell, Jericho like, JUST tried to kill all of them not 10 freaking issues ago.

Maybe they're bringing him back so they can beat the crap out of him. [/spoiler:57963b4615]

Edit: I think Superboy is still incubating in Robin's basement. Man, that place gives me a Prestige vibe. Good movie in case you haven't seen it. Regardless, I want Conner back. He's the only one who ever really loved me... er.. I mean.. I gotta go.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    Have they indicated at all whether or not the inevitable return of Superboy has been planned already?

I thought the kid from Action Comics was going to be the new Superboy. Or is that just internet rumor?

Hensler on
    edited November 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

I thought the kid from Action Comics was going to be the new Superboy. Or is that just internet rumor?

No, the kid from Action Comics is either: a)just there to piss off Superman, or b) to make it more like Superman Returns!!!

(I've only read the first issue of the arc so far)

I was surprised that they said Superboy in that issue, though. I thought they were avoiding it since that court decision.

Garlic Bread on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:

[spoiler:620cba6440]He tried to possess Cyborg before, but Cyborg turned him into a data file.[/spoiler:620cba6440]

Yes, this was like the end of the first damn arc. How do you people not remember this?

Furu on
    edited November 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Keith wrote:

[spoiler:c532dc23cb]He tried to possess Cyborg before, but Cyborg turned him into a data file.[/spoiler:c532dc23cb]

Yes, this was like the end of the first damn arc. How do you people not remember this?

Doh... I guess I just spaced. That was a while ago, mind you.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    edited November 2006
    Maybe.

In old people time.

Furu on
  • Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Would anyone care to spoil what the hell is going on between Batgirl and Robin? I've been reading the Robin monthlies and there have been a couple of allusions to the conflict that I feel that I've missed out on.

Zodiac Brave on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Would anyone care to spoil what the hell is going on between Batgirl and Robin? I've been reading the Robin monthlies and there have been a couple of allusions to the conflict that I feel that I've missed out on.

Basically Cassie is having daddy issues. She's taken over the League of Assassins, and has gone a little...loopy. Their main conflict has been put aside briefly, and will most likely be resolved and explain further once Titans East comes about.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

Basically Cassie is having daddy issues. She's taken over the League of Assassins, and has gone a little...loopy. Their main conflict has been put aside briefly, and will most likely be resolved and explain further once Titans East comes about.
    You forgot to mention that it's all Pure, 100% Grade-A bullshit.

Sars_Boy on
    edited November 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

Eh..doesn't bother me. I have a thing for redheads.

Bad Karma on
    edited November 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

It's not fair to blame the guy writing Robin. It's fairly clear it's not his idea at this point.

Personally, I don't really care. It's not the first time a character's gone a little crazy. Lazarus pits do that.

Furu on
  • Kaosu ReidoKaosu Reido Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Lazarus pits do that.

Since when does it last over a year? Especially on the first fucking dip?

Kaosu Reido on
    KAOSU REIDO - The Bullet Of Justice Caps Evil's Ass

dygenguardsig2asp0.png
    edited November 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

i'm a redhead

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

i'm a redhead

Have either of your parents remarried?

Hensler on
  • OtherOther Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Lazarus pits do that.

It was a special Lazarus Pit(Seriously). It resurected Mr Freeze's wife and gave her Lava powers or something. It could also apparently be reused unlimited times unlike other pits. Also maybe they'll say Cass got some of it stuck in her brain or somewhere like that. Anyway, it's a retcon waiting to happen.

Other on
  • Kaosu ReidoKaosu Reido Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Other wrote:
    Furu wrote:
    Lazarus pits do that.

It was a special Lazarus Pit(Seriously). It resurected Mr Freeze's wife and gave her Lava powers or something. It could also apparently be reused unlimited times unlike other pits. Also maybe they'll say Cass got some of it stuck in her brain or somewhere like that. Anyway, it's a retcon waiting to happen.

Shiva got dunked in it. She seems fine.

For Shiva, anyway.

Kaosu Reido on
    KAOSU REIDO - The Bullet Of Justice Caps Evil's Ass

dygenguardsig2asp0.png
    edited November 2006
    Shiva didn't die, though. Cassie just broke her neck and left her hanging over the pit.

Cassie full-on died and was brought back

Garlic Bread on
  • GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Seems like

[spoiler:03d0e39b33]Wondergirl got a power boost, she was only supposed to lift around 10 tons before. Maybe it's just her powers growing as she ages[/spoiler:03d0e39b33]

Gigaton on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Other wrote:
    Furu wrote:
    Lazarus pits do that.

No, Mr. Freeze's wife got turned into Lazara because the lazarus pit stuff got all inside of her and shit.

Spectre-x on
    edited November 2006
    I wonder if they will give Jericho a voicebox

I mean, he's on the same team as Cyborg and still can't talk.

They won't, though.

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    Gigaton wrote:
    Seems like

[spoiler:54b3b1e24c]Wondergirl got a power boost, she was only supposed to lift around 10 tons before. Maybe it's just her powers growing as she ages[/spoiler:54b3b1e24c]
    [spoiler:54b3b1e24c]She lost her powers when the gods left during the Crisis, but Ares gave her new powers, something will come back and bite her on the ass. She's more powerful now, but it also appears to be affecting her behavior.[/spoiler:54b3b1e24c]

Conditional_Axe on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Gigaton wrote:
    Seems like

[spoiler:ef3b16a76e]Wondergirl got a power boost, she was only supposed to lift around 10 tons before. Maybe it's just her powers growing as she ages[/spoiler:ef3b16a76e]
    [spoiler:ef3b16a76e]She lost her powers when the gods left during the Crisis, but Ares gave her new powers, something will come back and bite her on the ass. She's more powerful now, but it also appears to be affecting her behavior.[/spoiler:ef3b16a76e]

I wonder what happens with [spoiler:ef3b16a76e] Circe[/spoiler:ef3b16a76e] egging her on.

Fencingsax on
    edited November 2006
    And this issue makes comic book time even more confusing

Wonder Woman is working as Diana Prince with Nemesis, which is what she's doing in Wonder Woman, but she's shown no signs of that in JLA.

Probably because she hasn't left the table in JLA

but still

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    And this issue makes comic book time even more confusing

Wonder Woman is working as Diana Prince with Nemesis, which is what she's doing in Wonder Woman, but she's shown no signs of that in JLA.

Well, she's no longer the ambassador to Themiscyra right? She needs to do something to pay the bills. Either the timing is off, or she's staying as Agent Diana Prince in her "non WW time".
    Keith wrote:
    Probably because she hasn't left the table in JLA

coks olol.

Good issue though, and it's nice to know that we seem to have our new team finally finished.

Miss Martian = :^:

Bad Karma on
    edited November 2006
    What the fuck was up with the last panel, of the Titans East?

"Kind Crusader"

Joker's Daughter and Riddler's Daughter

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:

It's never actually been confirmed as to whether or not Joker's daughter will eventually be in or out.

Bad Karma on
    edited November 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Keith wrote:

It's never actually been confirmed as to whether or not Joker's daughter will eventually be in or out.
    Daniel did some character sketches for the TE that were on wizard's web site. Duela was one of them.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited December 2006
    So... why did they change Kid Crusader's name to Alterboy? Was Kid Crusader to politically incorrect for a villain?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    edited December 2006
    So we have our new lineup.

Likes? Dislikes?

Bad Karma on