As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ANA[CHAT]DA

• zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    asian tourists are most assuredly not polite on public transit. asian women, especially, do not possess a moral compass on the subway. they were all raised in barns.

obligatory link to chinese culture when someone passes out on a subway train

Don't they have some weird ass laws that make it a very bad idea to try and help or be near anyone needing medical assistance?

Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

I figure they were worried about a gas attack, to be honest.

The Sarin kind, not the hard boiled egg kind.

I know that's Tokyo that was attacked, but still.

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    People being inconsiderate:

Taking my eyes down a second to look at my phone, continuing to walk at a full clip, and taking a corner. My shoulder right into the middle of the old lady's chest, and she hit the ground almost exactly like a basketball player taking a charge. She was very nice about it.

did she draw the foul tho

*runs up the court gesticulating the charge call like Joey crawford*

Of course not. Elki rules, you can't take the superstar off the court

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I saw Hercules last night and how I want to make the armor Atalanta was wearing

Good shit

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Ha ha, they even try to do each country's accent.
    Aboot.
    This really is terrible.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BccR4e_Q_I8

this is hysterically bad and I want to know more

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Also it would appear my Dad has left the last banana for me

Jokes on him, I'm leaving the last banana for him

No one is ever going to eat that banana

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Sympathy and empathy are for losers

Fuck everyone else I'm most important

for the longest time i tried to be patient but that usually results in missing trains. I gave up sympathy and empathy for real on New Years Eve when it became a solid fustercluck in the area.

I may be a BnT'r but I work assiduously to confirm rude New Yorker stereotypes

that's whats weird about running. Its usually only socially acceptable when you don't have to actually be anywhere

but when you're like late to a train or a meeting or something and people see you running, then they're like, look at this weirdo. 'manage your time better weirdo'

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Axis Power Hetalia does a good job of making horrific crimes against humanity look cute.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Well this is silly, was thinking about picking something up as a birthday present for a friend, was checking stock online at barnes and noble -- for some reason the price in store is almost double the price if I were to just buy it online from barnes and noble and have it shipped for free.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    syndalis wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    The new thing in Times Square is naked ladies covered in red white and blue paint.

Like, no pasties... just a tiny thong, some paint and some feathers.

not always red while and blue, they paint on a variety of colors. There's a chick who does the pink heart on her tits, I think that's kind of cute. And it's not that new, it's been around for as long as I've worked here.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about google "Naked Chicks of Times Square" and some pervy guy has uploaded a bunch of videos to youtube (including one raving against the ban on G-strings, so the ladies had to wear tiny booty shorts and panties--what a tragedy! BTW they still wear G-strings). Parents with their kids posing alongside them. I actually think it's among the least offensive things in Times Square.

There are also the Naked Cowgirls, who are not naked but in bikinis. I like them too, because I skirt by them everyday and I can see their stretch marks and it makes me feel good about my own stretch marks. u do wut u do girls

there is also the OLD Naked Cowgirl, who is a rather elderly woman who is actually topless. Her boobs sag...very low.

u do wut u do girl.

hakks

are you not aware how the female body corrupts the minds of all who see it

it is an abomination

Don't worry the naked chicks are all rail skinny with nice perky boobies and pert little nips

the anti-corruption if you will

lame, I don't think I saw any of that when I visited, although I only ended up in times square by accident

Next time you're around come chill at 46thish st by Bubba Gump at around 5:30

u will see them

It's going on the itinerary fo sho
    but you have to give them money

I see them talking with their "pimp" sometimes

I call him that because the snippets of conversation I hear sometimes are not...pleasant

Now I am curious how they recruit for this gig... like, is it sketchy "business opportunity" craigslist ads?

I don't think there are any gigs in TS that aren't sketchy in some way, except for the Broadway show people

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Aboot.
    This really is terrible.

Axis Powers Hetalia

it is the most fujoshi thing

fuck gendered marketing
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Sympathy and empathy are for losers

Fuck everyone else I'm most important

for the longest time i tried to be patient but that usually results in missing trains. I gave up sympathy and empathy for real on New Years Eve when it became a solid fustercluck in the area.

I may be a BnT'r but I work assiduously to confirm rude New Yorker stereotypes

that's whats weird about running. Its usually only socially acceptable when you don't have to actually be anywhere

but when you're like late to a train or a meeting or something and people see you running, then they're like, look at this weirdo. 'manage your time better weirdo'

yeah, i spend a half hour three days a week literally running in circles in my yard and people are all

good for you

but i go sprinting through the mall and people are suddenly upset and terrified

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Hmm, this pushup bra is more comfy than the non-pushup bra I got.

I guess I'm going to get mysteriously more busty than I used to be.

Elldren wrote: »
    Aboot.
    This really is terrible.

Axis Powers Hetalia

it is the most fujoshi thing

>_<! XO! you know not everything is about domination America!

incredible

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    The new thing in Times Square is naked ladies covered in red white and blue paint.

Like, no pasties... just a tiny thong, some paint and some feathers.

not always red while and blue, they paint on a variety of colors. There's a chick who does the pink heart on her tits, I think that's kind of cute. And it's not that new, it's been around for as long as I've worked here.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about google "Naked Chicks of Times Square" and some pervy guy has uploaded a bunch of videos to youtube (including one raving against the ban on G-strings, so the ladies had to wear tiny booty shorts and panties--what a tragedy! BTW they still wear G-strings). Parents with their kids posing alongside them. I actually think it's among the least offensive things in Times Square.

There are also the Naked Cowgirls, who are not naked but in bikinis. I like them too, because I skirt by them everyday and I can see their stretch marks and it makes me feel good about my own stretch marks. u do wut u do girls

there is also the OLD Naked Cowgirl, who is a rather elderly woman who is actually topless. Her boobs sag...very low.

u do wut u do girl.

hakks

are you not aware how the female body corrupts the minds of all who see it

it is an abomination

Don't worry the naked chicks are all rail skinny with nice perky boobies and pert little nips

the anti-corruption if you will

lame, I don't think I saw any of that when I visited, although I only ended up in times square by accident

Next time you're around come chill at 46thish st by Bubba Gump at around 5:30

u will see them

It's going on the itinerary fo sho
    but you have to give them money

I see them talking with their "pimp" sometimes

I call him that because the snippets of conversation I hear sometimes are not...pleasant

Now I am curious how they recruit for this gig... like, is it sketchy "business opportunity" craigslist ads?

I don't think there are any gigs in TS that aren't sketchy in some way, except for the Broadway show people

Right, but these are almost all decent looking ladies... I wonder if this is just a thing they do while building up enough points to get in the union... If the "pimp" is a guy trolling the off-off broadway auditions to see if he can get another one to work the gig...

Like, its a depressing slice of humanity, really.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    When we were in NYC one of the guys selling tickets at Time Square was miffed because we simply weren't interested and he threw the following insult:
    "Are you French?"

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    So there's a janitor at this jobsite.

And people communicate with him via walkie talkie

And he ends every response with "Over. Kshhh"

Like he actually makes the kshh sound with his silly face.

His life is probably so much better than mine.

Psn:wazukki
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    When we were in NYC one of the guys selling tickets at Time Square was miffed because we simply weren't interested and he threw the following insult:
    "Are you French?"

*gasp*

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/22/civilization-studio-firaxis-games-annouces-the-first-ever-firaxicon-convention/
    including a tour of the Firaxis offices, early hands-on time with Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, panels, presentations, a meet-and-greet with various members of the team and "An Evening With Sid Meier," featuring an "exclusive presentation" by the man himself.

Firaxicon runs September 27-28 at the Embassy Suites Baltimore in Cockeysville, MD. Tickets are $40 each, which includes access to all events, dinner and drinks at the Saturday night "Firaxis Feast," and some swag, and are only being sold in advance

If I was close by.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i've been working out six days a week for a little over two months now, keeping my diet consistent, about 400-500 calories a day fewer than it used to be

haven't lost an ounce

then over the last three days I've dropped eight pounds

am i die?

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I think I may have just undone the last four weeks of running with one day of terrible eating.

Today I have eaten at pizza express, a cookie store a smoothie store, krispy kreme and KFC.

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    asian tourists are most assuredly not polite on public transit. asian women, especially, do not possess a moral compass on the subway. they were all raised in barns.

obligatory link to chinese culture when someone passes out on a subway train

Don't they have some weird ass laws that make it a very bad idea to try and help or be near anyone needing medical assistance?

Or am I thinking of somewhere else?

I figure they were worried about a gas attack, to be honest.

The Sarin kind, not the hard boiled egg kind.

I know that's Tokyo that was attacked, but still.

what I've heard is that you can be held liable for a person's injuries if you stop and help them in many provinces in china

wazilla wrote: »

i would so do that

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    i've been working out six days a week for a little over two months now, keeping my diet consistent, about 400-500 calories a day fewer than it used to be

haven't lost an ounce

am i die?

Death great way to lose weight.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    10584060_10152458872334425_5256250237264033711_n.jpg

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Jesus

Sportsnet channel that simulcasts their radio programming just went down

I had to miss 2 minutes of Tim and Sid before their Listen Live online app loaded up

Wars have been started over less than this

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

haven't lost an ounce

am i die?
    yes i'm afraid it's terminal

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/22/civilization-studio-firaxis-games-annouces-the-first-ever-firaxicon-convention/
    including a tour of the Firaxis offices, early hands-on time with Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, panels, presentations, a meet-and-greet with various members of the team and "An Evening With Sid Meier," featuring an "exclusive presentation" by the man himself.

Firaxicon runs September 27-28 at the Embassy Suites Baltimore in Cockeysville, MD. Tickets are $40 each, which includes access to all events, dinner and drinks at the Saturday night "Firaxis Feast," and some swag, and are only being sold in advance

If I was close by.

This seems really cute

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

he is a treasure

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Hmm, this pushup bra is more comfy than the non-pushup bra I got.

I guess I'm going to get mysteriously more busty than I used to be.

Have your boobs stopped trying to kill you since yesterday?

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm at the city clerks office! This is where I met deebaser AlyceInWonderland‌ and Bogart‌ and mrs bogart

Dang a ton of people here are getting married!

Queueing up while half of everyone lined up is in full wedding regalia is weird. We went back the next day for more paperwork (that we didn't know about before and only found out about by overhearing someone talking about it so maybe our marriage is legal I don't know) and there was a big party that looked like something from a Tiffany catalogue. Behind them were a couple in jeans and t shirts getting hitched on the spur of the moment.

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

he is a treasure

Is he named Abe Simpson?

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    "Are you French?"

*gasp*

Well, yes. It left us quite puzzled, but slightly amused.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I'm worried about gas attack to whenI've had Chiptole for lunch

m i rite?

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

haven't lost an ounce

am i die?

Maybe you've plateaued muscle gains and increased the amount of calories you burn at rest enough to start seeing weight drop off?

Have you been staying hydrated these past few days? Could be water weight.

Psn:wazukki
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    I think I may have just undone the last four weeks of running with one day of terrible eating.

Today I have eaten at pizza express, a cookie store a smoothie store, krispy kreme and KFC.

Nah, you'll be good. The scale will make you feel like shit, but most of that is water weight from all the salt. Back to your normal diet and you'll be back down around your expected weight in a few days.

One bad day isn't going to ruin your diet - it's bad days all the time that will. But really, separate food and exercise in your head because you can't exercise away a bad diet.

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular

haven't lost an ounce

am i die?

Naw that's just the fat fairy

haven't lost an ounce

am i die?

Maybe you've plateaued muscle gains and increased the amount of calories you burn at rest enough to start seeing weight drop off?

Have you been staying hydrated these past few days? Could be water weight.

i think i've been hydrated

at least, as hydrated as i normally am

i have had a cold, though, so maybe it is a water weight thing

Bogart wrote: »
    I'm at the city clerks office! This is where I met deebaser AlyceInWonderland‌ and Bogart‌ and mrs bogart

Dang a ton of people here are getting married!

Queueing up while half of everyone lined up is in full wedding regalia is weird. We went back the next day for more paperwork (that we didn't know about before and only found out about by overhearing someone talking about it so maybe our marriage is legal I don't know) and there was a big party that looked like something from a Tiffany catalogue. Behind them were a couple in jeans and t shirts getting hitched on the spur of the moment.

Yep we're in shorts

But it's not a marriage!

There are some totes gussied up people though

zagdrob wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »

Nah, you'll be good. The scale will make you feel like shit, but most of that is water weight from all the salt. Back to your normal diet and you'll be back down around your expected weight in a few days.

One bad day isn't going to ruin your diet - it's bad days all the time that will. But really, separate food and exercise in your head because you can't exercise away a bad diet.

well, you can but it usually only works in, like, a forced labor situation

This discussion has been closed.