As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Law of the Wild [chat]

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    is austin a 3day weekend vacationable city

how much vacation do i have left anyway

i'm so disorganized

flights for a random 3 day weekend are like 300 r/t so i would totes do that

i'm also bad with money

poo
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    God I am just obscenely gassy recently

The fauna in my guts are up in arms about SOMETHING and it is foul

Does this count as adding value to chat

i farted soooo much the other day

poo
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    also it's kind of shocking how much better the dialogue/localization is in chrono trigger vs ff6

were you playing that recent re-release of FF6? the one with the terrible art style?

no i am playing the snes version (i guess technically the ps1 version on ps3)

The translation did get better in later iterations, though there are tradeoffs.

Do not let people spoil you. FF6 is probably my favorite of the entire series (and I played them all up to 12, including shitty side story games and MMOs and whatnot), and while comparing it to Chrono Trigger is unfortunate due to when both games came out (CT is probably the best JRPG ever made with the Japanese developer dream team responsible for it), it really does stand on its own as an amazing game.

yeah i am trying to be objective because ct is one of my favorite (and one of the best) games of all time

but it is kind of interesting to see the parallels between the 2 games

919UOwT.png
  • YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    FFVI doesn't QUITE have any protagonist in it, but Terra and Celes both come VERY close.

If we go all literary criticism, the protagonist could reasonably be said to be... spoilers
    Kefka, as the overarching plot is about his schemes and rise to power and eventual ascension into godhood. He drives the story, the characters are largely reacting to him, he is the cause of basically every important event.
    Then shouldn't Harry Potter be about Voldemort since he was a orphaned squib without a sickle to his name then grew up into one of the most powerful and influential wizards while Harry was also an orphan he inherited fame, money, and was under control of others the entire time.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    FFVI doesn't QUITE have any protagonist in it, but Terra and Celes both come VERY close.

If we go all literary criticism, the protagonist could reasonably be said to be... spoilers
    Kefka, as the overarching plot is about his schemes and rise to power and eventual ascension into godhood. He drives the story, the characters are largely reacting to him, he is the cause of basically every important event.
    Then shouldn't Harry Potter be about Voldemort since he was a orphaned squib without a sickle to his name then grew up into one of the most powerful and influential wizards while Harry was also an orphan he inherited fame, money, and was under control of others the entire time.
    sure

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    an old man just walked into my house with a yellow flower

I said um

hi

he was like, is this the right place?

and I was like, uh, what place are you looking for

it turns out he thought this was my neighbor's house

OLD MAN HOME INVASION HIDE YO WIFE HIDE YO KIDS

they flowerin errybody out here

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Harry Potter was the true monster.

• Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular

i'm so disorganized

i'm also bad with money

You can easily find 3 days worth of stuff to do in Austin, what's your pleasure?

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Um hold the phone @Blameless Cleric‌ is young Spoolia, the Southern Heiress, the Future Patchouli Priestess?

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

I said um

hi

why is your house not locked?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    and the character interactions are stereotypical jrpg

And that's the way we like it, dammit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIFnMHJUTlA

god i rolled my eyes so hard at this bit

... quote ... agree ... awesome ... hey, where is the 'Curse your black, shriveled heart, Gooey!' button?

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    N
    God I am just obscenely gassy recently

The fauna in my guts are up in arms about SOMETHING and it is foul

Does this count as adding value to chat

objectively false

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Um hold the phone @Blameless Cleric‌ is young Spoolia, the Southern Heiress, the Future Patchouli Priestess?

WELCOME TO LIKE 6 PAGES AGO

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

i'm so disorganized

i'm also bad with money

if you go make sure you hit up bar congress with the 32s

we went last time I was in town and it is one of the best cocktail bars I have been to

they have tiny little cocktail shots that are fucking bomb

Um voldemort was not a squib he was a mudblood u fking casual

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

I said um

hi

i once sat next to an american gent on an airplane who complained loudly to a fellow traveller that people in KL seal their houses behind four or five layers of locked gates

so paranoid, he said

dang whitey mirite

aRkpc.gif

I said um

hi

because I am sitting in it?

tav you have seen me post before about my gladius, who would dare to challenge me in my domain

also because there is a wonderful breeze so my doors and windows are open

I said um

hi

tav you have seen me post before about my gladius, who would dare to challenge me in my domain

old guy with a flower, apparently

CsQbW44.png

unf unf unf

i'm so disorganized

i'm also bad with money

if you go make sure you hit up bar congress with the 32s

we went last time I was in town and it is one of the best cocktail bars I have been to

they have tiny little cocktail shots that are fucking bomb

non-alcoholic stuff is excellent too!

dPpvdpHl.jpg

oh yeah

wait where is that goofy ass picture of you with the drinks

*checks flickr*

CsQbW44.png

unf unf unf

We went there the night of my birthday, I actually had some of the alcoholic drinks. They were astoundingly good!

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Is that a bottle of whip cream with a candy cane straw in it?

I could be down with drinking something like that!

sometimes the bromance between @skippydumptruck‌ and @spool32 frightens me...

spool32 wrote: »

I said um

hi

old guy with a flower, apparently

A poor weapon. This is why you grind people

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    simonwolf wrote: »
    psycho killer

kefka c'est

fafafafafafafafa

wait a minute

fafafafaafafafafafaafaa

two short

go to your room young la...
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    BC is upstairs in her room with the door shut and likely with headphones on.

oh ok then carry on

HappylilElf on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    should i go to the kfc across from me or the chinese place (i went there yesterday) or go to the grocery store for some meat to put on the george foreman

BONUS: BOUGHT A MICROWAVE YESTERDAY

i can now microwave food and george foreman things. it's about to be the food network all up in my kitchen area.

or a place full of takeout boxes.

steam_sig.png

Nope, it's a strange whipped foam that tastes amazing but is really really hard to drink and that straw is paper so it goes all floppy.

i'm so disorganized

i'm also bad with money

You can easily find 3 days worth of stuff to do in Austin, what's your pleasure?

TBH I'm a slow vacationer so I'm more always like AM I GONNA HAVE ENOUGH TIME HERE

and then usually, yes, I do have plenty of time wherever

poo
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I have the alarm on if I am in the house alone

though I guess that is a result of three attempted break ins over the past five years

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Elki wrote: »

I think this phone would be just as much a marvel if they weren't so blatantly unoriginal about it all.

On paper it's a damn good device. The price is ludicrously good. That could be free on contract and it is better than any other smartphone in America in terms of power / performance.

But their software / hardware design is so derivative it's almost painful. Like the article says, good fucking luck escaping china with that phone.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    sometimes the bromance between @skippydumptruck‌ and @spool32 frightens me...

Let it happen...as @BEAST!‌ is too bound in internet matrimony to @VanityPants‌, it is a love that cannot be undone by mere IRL females

It is called a "cereal and milkshake" and it is a sort of a stiff foam that tastes like eating a bowl of sugary type cereal except you can drink it through a straw sort of and it was very very odd but excellent!

• YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular

Um voldemort was not a squib he was a mudblood u fking casual
    Hah! His mother was a witch named Merope Gaunt that used a love potion with his muggle father then through a series of poor choices died giving birth to lord moldy butt at an orphanage! *Pushes up glasses*

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    that's the one thing i really miss

living in a neighborhood where you could just leave your doors wide open and everything was swell. not even thinking about locking your car at night.

le sigh

steam_sig.png
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    My door is never unlocked.

I have had multiple occasions of people knocking/banging on my door at very strange hours of the night, and a few times of hearing people just try to walk right inside, if not for the deadbolt.

my dinner was 3 servings of turkey deli meat, an heirloom tomato, and sauerkraut, and whole grain mustard

LAZY HEALTHY

poo
    My door is never unlocked.

I have had multiple occasions of people knocking/banging on my door at very strange hours of the night, and a few times of hearing people just try to walk right inside, if not for the deadbolt.

Our door is always locked, but that's because our Japanese Akita can open it and will take off if we don't keep it locked.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    that's the one thing i really miss

living in a neighborhood where you could just leave your doors wide open and everything was swell. not even thinking about locking your car at night.

le sigh
    why would you do this even in a safe neighborhood tho

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
This discussion has been closed.