As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Law of the Wild [chat]

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i think KFC wins. yeah

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    @surrealitycheck‌ I just watched nicki hump the stage at the VMAs

I need a towel

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

I think this phone would be just as much a marvel if they weren't so blatantly unoriginal about it all.

On paper it's a damn good device. The price is ludicrously good. That could be free on contract and it is better than any other smartphone in America in terms of power / performance.

But their software / hardware design is so derivative it's almost painful. Like the article says, good fucking luck escaping china with that phone.

do they necessarily want to go toe-to-toe with apple and google in applegoogle's home country

miui's app ecosystem will not stand up to google's

in india and southeast asia they can punish google for not focusing on those markets, by doing things that google deeply resents doing, e.g., partnering with local companies who make physical presence commitments (ATMs etc) or do sketchy things like bribe officials or have scantily-clad women at their promo events and flatly don't care if the american partner gets attacked by the american press for that

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    that's the one thing i really miss

living in a neighborhood where you could just leave your doors wide open and everything was swell. not even thinking about locking your car at night.

le sigh
    why would you do this even in a safe neighborhood tho

yeah i feel like people would just go to safe neighborhoods to commit their crimes

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Damn Richard Attenborough was old.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    sometimes the bromance between @skippydumptruck‌ and @spool32 frightens me...

Let it happen...as @BEAST!‌ is too bound in internet matrimony to @VanityPants‌, it is a love that cannot be undone by mere IRL females

We need to find out what skippy's new room-mate with the flower feels about this.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I lock my door when I go to bed or leave for an extended period but otherwise meh

I actually leave my car doors unlocked on purpose though and keep nothing of any value in the car because I've had windows broken to get in twice

First time I lost my entire CD collection which still hasn't been fully replaced. Wish I'd done the mental math on what that was worth before it was stolen because I'd never have left it in the car. Turns out 600 CDs at $10-$15 a pop is a lot of monies.

Second time all they got was three packs of cigs. Oh and stamps. On a related note WHO FUCKING STEALS A HALF DOZEN STAMPS YOU JERKS I HAD A BILL I HAD TO MAIL.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2014
    surrealitycheck‌ I just watched nicki hump the stage at the VMAs

I need a towel

Nicki Minaj's onstage wildlife got a little too wild when a giant snake bit one of her backup dancers during rehearsals for the MTV Video Music Awards on Friday.

MTV reports that a six-foot-long boa constrictor named Rocky took a chomp on the inside of the dancer's left arm while Minaj and her crew were rehearsing their performance of "Anaconda." The woman was immediately treated by an on-site medic before being taken to a local hospital out of "an abundance of caution," according to Chris Velvin, director of production safety for Viacom Media Networks. The snake is non-venomous and the dancer's wound is reportedly not life-threatening.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    FFVI doesn't QUITE have any protagonist in it, but Terra and Celes both come VERY close.

If we go all literary criticism, the protagonist could reasonably be said to be... spoilers
    Kefka, as the overarching plot is about his schemes and rise to power and eventual ascension into godhood. He drives the story, the characters are largely reacting to him, he is the cause of basically every important event.
    Then shouldn't Harry Potter be about Voldemort since he was a orphaned squib without a sickle to his name then grew up into one of the most powerful and influential wizards while Harry was also an orphan he inherited fame, money, and was under control of others the entire time.

Um voldemort was not a squib he was a mudblood u fking casual
    Hah! His mother was a witch named Merope Gaunt that used a love potion with his muggle father then through a series of poor choices died giving birth to lord moldy butt at an orphanage! *Pushes up glasses*

Congrats u can read Wiki but completely irrelevant 2 ur original claim

u think I wund't recinize a Phallacius Argumentum charm when I see it

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    FFVI doesn't QUITE have any protagonist in it, but Terra and Celes both come VERY close.

If we go all literary criticism, the protagonist could reasonably be said to be... spoilers
    Kefka, as the overarching plot is about his schemes and rise to power and eventual ascension into godhood. He drives the story, the characters are largely reacting to him, he is the cause of basically every important event.
    Then shouldn't Harry Potter be about Voldemort since he was a orphaned squib without a sickle to his name then grew up into one of the most powerful and influential wizards while Harry was also an orphan he inherited fame, money, and was under control of others the entire time.

TWIG FOR A WAND

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I want to play a video game but everything sounds boring.

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    that's the one thing i really miss

living in a neighborhood where you could just leave your doors wide open and everything was swell. not even thinking about locking your car at night.

le sigh
    why would you do this even in a safe neighborhood tho

People do lock things. It's just nice knowing that in general you don't have to worry if say you're drifting off to sleep and can't remember if you locked the door.

Alternatively on a nice night it's always nice to have a door open with just a scree bringing in the weather.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I need a towel

Wait you need a towel for wha... no you know what I'm good.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

download STO and play with me

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    i think KFC wins. yeah

I'm eating KFC tonight, too. Original recipe.

Let's be chicken brothers, DUE.

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    surrealitycheck‌ I just watched nicki hump the stage at the VMAs

I need a towel

Nicki Minaj's onstage wildlife got a little too wild when a giant snake bit one of her backup dancers during rehearsals for the MTV Video Music Awards on Friday.

MTV reports that a six-foot-long boa constrictor named Rocky took a chomp on the inside of the dancer's left arm while Minaj and her crew were rehearsing their performance of "Anaconda." The woman was immediately treated by an on-site medic before being taken to a local hospital out of "an abundance of caution," according to Chris Velvin, director of production safety for Viacom Media Networks. The snake is non-venomous and the dancer's wound is reportedly not life-threatening.

She changed into something else and came out while others were performing but I think her dress ripped or something cause she stopped dancing and had her arms crossed over her chest like she was trying to hold it up while she just fluttered her eyelashes with a huge smile at the camera

NICKI CALM UNDER PRESSURE

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    i think KFC wins. yeah

Absolutely not.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i think KFC wins. yeah

i too had KFC for dinner

lets be heart attack amigos

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i think KFC wins. yeah

Los_Pollos.png

• Options

I need a towel

Wait you need a towel for wha... no you know what I'm good.

Don't panic

• Options
    I love KFC. It's pretty great.

• Options
    Katy Perry won best female video for Dark Horse. I approve. Lorde needs to step up her game on her music videos.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Watching Hot Fuzz again because I started it while I was making dinner.

There is some pretty great cuts and pacing.

I forgot how good that was.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Damn Richard Attenborough was old.

Same age as my grandfather, who isn't allowed to be old, damn it!

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

No see she doesn't want to play a boring game, you misread the post

• Options
    yup. it's time to go get food

just realized i built the interior of the desk inside out and have to take it all apart.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    people watch music videos?

• Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular

Hah! His mother was a witch named Merope Gaunt that used a love potion with his muggle father then through a series of poor choices died giving birth to lord moldy butt at an orphanage! *Pushes up glasses*

No I only know this is to try to see if any of the tangential lore lead to any hints for the hpmor ending. Mudbloods are those with both parents muggles right? Or has it been operating on the one-drop rule?

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Watching Hot Fuzz again because I started it while I was making dinner.

There is some pretty great cuts and pacing.

I forgot how good that was.
    I love that movie more than Shaun of the Dead by a long shot

It's just the best

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

I was thinking Sleeping Dogs or The Void...

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

MTV has a channel just for them and there's awards.

• Options

Yeah wait you can still watch music videos? Is there like an MTV8 now or something?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I was thinking Sleeping Dogs or The Void...

Sleeping Dogs.

That game is wonderful.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Yeah wait you can still watch music videos? Is there like an MTV8 now or something?

MTV realized it need a whole channel for music videos at some point, all the MCPlay channel has is non-stop tv shows that play music videos and occasionally a show about Rising Star thrown in so you know when to switch to another channel.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options

No I only know this is to try to see if any of the tangential lore lead to any hints for the hpmor ending. Mudbloods are those with both parents muggles right? Or has it been operating on the one-drop rule?

O the ol' redirecto topicdeflectus curse eh

one drop of pitiful non magical filth poisons the purity of the wizard bloodline

I am beginning to doubt your commitment to the cause yoshi

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

i've watched music videos together with friends, large groups of people, with a lady, etc this summer idk

and a lot by myself

music videos are still a thing thanks to the wonders of youtube!

pitchfork's list of awesome music videos this decade is actually pretty good!

poo
  • Options
    Hmm

Grind out the last few cheevos in Skyrim on or geetar...

Eh I guess I took yesterday off I should probably geetar before Skyrim

• Options

i've watched music videos together with friends, large groups of people, with a lady, etc this summer idk

and a lot by myself

music videos are still a thing thanks to the wonders of youtube!

pitchfork's list of awesome music videos this decade is actually pretty good!

their best album list was so bad

so so bad

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    @Shazkar Shadowstorm‌ when you're headed to Austin PM spool32 and we'll get ya hooked up

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

MTV has a channel just for them and there's awards.

There was a time when MTV would show nothing but music videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=182oUgBfoLE

This discussion has been closed.