As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Law of the Wild [chat]

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Um hold the phone @Blameless Cleric‌ is young Spoolia, the Southern Heiress, the Future Patchouli Priestess?
    yes. this is me. approve.

Listen to me young child of light I have been your stalwart defender in the dark realms and I tell you now when you enter the void (college) do not let anyone talk you into drinking bottom shelf vodka is is literally worst

If your vodka comes in a plastic bottle you have the right to burn that fraternity house to the ground

And never drink everclear

Ever

Since when you the guide to Americas youth
    Since I recently left that exalted age group I have taken upon myself the burden of serving as a warning to others

Lo, but if ye jungle juice cometh out of a giant cooler and beeth some ungodly neon shade of pink, red, blue, etc, dunk not thine red solo cup into its depths, for it doth harbor the germs of a thousand thousand drunkards and the ill intentions of a frat full of creeps and pervs

So sayeth the Oracle

BC is gonna have so many notifications when she gets home

But it's okay because these are all important pieces of advice

Except for this post

Um ...

Remember, whenever your father tells you something, lean in and say 'Pfft, what makes you think you know best? You're a white person!'

*nods*

• YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    FFVI doesn't QUITE have any protagonist in it, but Terra and Celes both come VERY close.

If we go all literary criticism, the protagonist could reasonably be said to be... spoilers
    Kefka, as the overarching plot is about his schemes and rise to power and eventual ascension into godhood. He drives the story, the characters are largely reacting to him, he is the cause of basically every important event.
    Then shouldn't Harry Potter be about Voldemort since he was a orphaned squib without a sickle to his name then grew up into one of the most powerful and influential wizards while Harry was also an orphan he inherited fame, money, and was under control of others the entire time.

Um voldemort was not a squib he was a mudblood u fking casual
    Hah! His mother was a witch named Merope Gaunt that used a love potion with his muggle father then through a series of poor choices died giving birth to lord moldy butt at an orphanage! *Pushes up glasses*

Congrats u can read Wiki but completely irrelevant 2 ur original claim

u think I wund't recinize a Phallacius Argumentum charm when I see it
    No I only know this is to try to see if any of the tangential lore lead to any hints for the hpmor ending. Mudbloods are those with both parents muggles right? Or has it been operating on the one-drop rule?

O the ol' redirecto topicdeflectus curse eh

one drop of pitiful non magical filth poisons the purity of the wizard bloodline

I am beginning to doubt your commitment to the cause yoshi
    Wait how was that redirecting? In canon squid was for 99-01% wizard blood or so I thought. While mudblood was for 0% since I don't recall there being any mention of the death eaters referring to anyone with a diluted blood pool as a mudblood.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    I want to play a video game but everything sounds boring.

download STO and play with me

I was thinking Sleeping Dogs or The Void...

Sleeping Dogs.

That game is wonderful.

agreed, Sleeping Dogs is fantastic.

As soon as I realized that I was going to be driving on the left hand side of the street, I was like

"Yeah, they know exactly what I want from an open-world game"

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Um hold the phone @Blameless Cleric‌ is young Spoolia, the Southern Heiress, the Future Patchouli Priestess?

Listen to me young child of light I have been your stalwart defender in the dark realms and I tell you now when you enter the void (college) do not let anyone talk you into drinking bottom shelf vodka is is literally worst

If your vodka comes in a plastic bottle you have the right to burn that fraternity house to the ground

Ever

these are things you learn from experience, not an old telling you

Hey I'm not an old yet

you just admitted you're not young anymore

like five posts up

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakks admit you're an old now
    NOT YET YOU FOOL

I simply need the heart of a star and I will live in the splendor of youth for a thousand years

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    Um hold the phone "Blameless Cleric"‌ is young Spoolia, the Southern Heiress, the Future Patchouli Priestess?

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up

She's not a girl

Not yet a woman

Why are Britney Spears lyrics taking up space in my brain

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    OK I am going to write for at least one hour in preparation for this forum game test of this idea.

I might be ready in a week or two, for a run at this to see if people think it's fun and interesting. If you're interested in an original, high fantasy choose-your-own-adventure game run on the forums, feel free to poke me with questions!

My goal will be to shake out any flaws in the plot and the story and see if I feel like it's viable enough to pursue in other mediums. Hopefully it'll be a bunch of fun for people playing, but if it's not I want to find out why...

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    wat

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Um hold the phone "Blameless Cleric"‌ is young Spoolia, the Southern Heiress, the Future Patchouli Priestess?

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up

She's not a girl

Not yet a woman

Spears is snatching your body. Have you been near any parasitic aliens lately?

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I'm the youngest person here.

I'm the oldest person here.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Napping puppies is great

You have stolen a joke from CAD.
    http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20120817

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i love that katy perry and riff raff are making fun of denim britney and JT

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up
    One does not simply sidle from "young" to "old" you ninny

There is a vast in-between known as your mid-twenties

Here lies mystery and enchantment, but in more reasonable doses than those heady days of wild abandon

BeNarwhal wrote: »

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up

She's not a girl

Not yet a woman

Spears is snatching your body. Have you been near any parasitic aliens lately?

Almost exclusively

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    We fell in love.... as the leaves turned brown *whistles*

What a happy song. <3

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up

Here lies mystery and enchantment, but in more reasonable doses than those heady days of wild abandon

no you're old

once you're telling people not to drink shit vodka, that's your last youth card gone

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    A6n9QI6l.jpg

BABY MAINE COON KITTEN OMG

So, @Dread Pirate Arbuthnot

My friend fosters kittens, which... actually seems p cool

She lives like a few blocks from me, yesterday was her bday so went to her apt between picnic and the bar, and got to see the current 2 kittens...
    They might be like numbers 16 and 17 I forget...
    Got to play with the kittens

?format=750w

like omg

they are 1 lb basically when they are at her apt

Here is an old kitten

tumblr_n32cniyNpi1rvfxwso1_500.jpg

poo
    spool32 wrote: »
    OK I am going to write for at least one hour in preparation for this forum game test of this idea.

I might be ready in a week or two, for a run at this to see if people think it's fun and interesting. If you're interested in an original, high fantasy choose-your-own-adventure game run on the forums, feel free to poke me with questions!

My goal will be to shake out any flaws in the plot and the story and see if I feel like it's viable enough to pursue in other mediums. Hopefully it'll be a bunch of fun for people playing, but if it's not I want to find out why...

Consider this post my formal expression of interest in this project

I am a gud game tester, I have decided :P

No-Quarter wrote: »
    We fell in love.... as the leaves turned brown *whistles*

What a happy song. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwOgXWOX-iE

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    edit:

oops its not one big pic i am too lazy to post all the kittens

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I want to play a video game but everything sounds boring.

download STO and play with me

I was thinking Sleeping Dogs or The Void...

booooooooooooo

Ok then....I will download STO tonight and give it a shot tomorrow.

...it's free, right?

yep it is!

sweeet one chatter down

100 odd to go...

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Geth. The test came back.

It's your baby.

Just come home and we can talk about this.

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up

it starts when you turn 25 and ends when you turn 26

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Oh god, and avoid moonshine that comes in jars.

That should really be sort of self evident, but when you've been drinking, things start to sound like not so bad ideas.

It's a bad ideas

You will break a ($1) wine glass, and then cry for an uncomfortably long period of time in deep sorrow for the crime you have committed

You will throw up in the back yard (which you will mow the next day in penance)

You will think that you are dying and demand that one of your friends holds your hand to keep you from slipping into the ceaseless void that is not-living

I mean, so I've heard.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up

no you're old

once you're telling people not to drink shit vodka, that's your last youth card gone

Who's going to buy Hakke her cane? She can't do that by herself now she's an old.

Shivahn wrote: »
    FFVI doesn't QUITE have any protagonist in it, but Terra and Celes both come VERY close.

If we go all literary criticism, the protagonist could reasonably be said to be... spoilers
    Kefka, as the overarching plot is about his schemes and rise to power and eventual ascension into godhood. He drives the story, the characters are largely reacting to him, he is the cause of basically every important event.
    Then shouldn't Harry Potter be about Voldemort since he was a orphaned squib without a sickle to his name then grew up into one of the most powerful and influential wizards while Harry was also an orphan he inherited fame, money, and was under control of others the entire time.

Um voldemort was not a squib he was a mudblood u fking casual
    Hah! His mother was a witch named Merope Gaunt that used a love potion with his muggle father then through a series of poor choices died giving birth to lord moldy butt at an orphanage! *Pushes up glasses*

Congrats u can read Wiki but completely irrelevant 2 ur original claim

u think I wund't recinize a Phallacius Argumentum charm when I see it
    No I only know this is to try to see if any of the tangential lore lead to any hints for the hpmor ending. Mudbloods are those with both parents muggles right? Or has it been operating on the one-drop rule?

O the ol' redirecto topicdeflectus curse eh

one drop of pitiful non magical filth poisons the purity of the wizard bloodline

I am beginning to doubt your commitment to the cause yoshi
    Wait how was that redirecting? In canon squid was for 99-01% wizard blood or so I thought. While mudblood was for 0% since I don't recall there being any mention of the death eaters referring to anyone with a diluted blood pool as a mudblood.

A squib is a child born to wizard parents who has no magical powers whatsoever, ex Argus Filch

A mudblood is a derogatory term for any witch or wizard whose parentage is not 100% pureblood magic

So thanks for undermining my credibility as a wise guiding light before the young impressionable babbit by making me pull out the potter glossary yoshi I HOPE YOURE HAPPY

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Always trying to label people.

How about you stop breaking yourselves into little groups and looking down your noses at each other, eh?!

Something something i've never been this mildly upset.

I was 21 years when I wrote this song...
    I'm 22 now but I won't be for long.
    Time hurries on and the leaves that are green turn to brown.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I played STO up to the mission with the Romulans where you have to call down air strikes.

It got stuck where I died over and over again and then the game crashed and then it had a two gig update so I said fuck it and then my laptop died.

I miss the flying around bits though. Those are fun. And my galaxy class is purty

Lh96QHG.png
    edited August 2014

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up

original.jpg

No-Quarter on

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up

original.jpg

108785.jpg

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    KITTY PICS?!

Here is my weird ass cat being a weird ass cat!

1QogUrS.jpg

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up

original.jpg

Hakke's an old, she's not going to die from being Sean Bean.

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Napping puppies is great

You have stolen a joke from CAD.
    http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20120817
    Pfft they stole it from me.

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up

no you're old

This is only because I have hung out with @Deebaser‌ and drunk deeply of his concoctions for too long

I can no longer abide an inferior drink

I feel the guilt like a catholic in the confessional

Forgive me father but I have rum and coke'd

So Sean Bean's new show. Tell me he dies in the first 10 minutes.

So Sean Bean's new show. Tell me he dies in the first 10 minutes.

Yes.
    No, it's his young white male co-lead.

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up

no you're old

This is only because I have hung out with @Deebaser‌ and drunk deeply of his concoctions for too long

Just drink Sam Adam's Seasonals you beer brat.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I played STO up to the mission with the Romulans where you have to call down air strikes.

It got stuck where I died over and over again and then the game crashed and then it had a two gig update so I said fuck it and then my laptop died.

I miss the flying around bits though. Those are fun. And my galaxy class is purty

the ship combat makes the rest of the game worth tolerating

Ever

Hey I'm not an old yet

like five posts up

no you're old

"It's only because I'm an old who has hung out with an old and drank a single drink worth more than entire college nights out"

This discussion has been closed.