As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Pal Community Thread 2.0 - Please read the first post :)

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    Cant say much about medical schools, but cold parts? Doesnt get colder than PAXAUS's home of VICTORIA.

Yup. Try going for a swim off the south coast of Tasmania. Its...kinda cold ;)

Medical schools...well with our healthcare system, if you can speak English, you're pretty much in. If you want to work in regional Australia (aka not a capital city) well...you will have your pick of any job you want.

You would need to pass the citizenship test though..and that involves going 3 rounds with one of our native Dropbears while losing less than 1 gallon of blood for the duration of the match. And good luck to that ;)

If there's cold and medical schools, I'm in. I'll work on toughening my hide.

• Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Qumaden wrote: »
    Cant say much about medical schools, but cold parts? Doesnt get colder than PAXAUS's home of VICTORIA.

Medical schools...well with our healthcare system, if you can speak English, you're pretty much in. If you want to work in regional Australia (aka not a capital city) well...you will have your pick of any job you want.

You would need to pass the citizenship test though..and that involves going 3 rounds with one of our native Dropbears while losing less than 1 gallon of blood for the duration of the match. And good luck to that ;)

Don't forget that he also needs to wrestle a Croc and survive either a poisonous spider or snake bite.

Manic2k on
    Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    To share a glimpse behind the [E] screen, on our official schedule, middle shift, below the names of the 2 [E] assigned there it says "a.k.a. The Pin Shift". Beyond the 2 [E] assigned there, Kristin Lindsay will be there often, and i'll spend a lot of time there as well. The amount and variety of pins that will be available for trade here may only be rivaled by the official trade session at the Paramount.

So come on by and see whats up. Just please try to not block the entire booth so that those that need info can still get their questions answered.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    To share a glimpse behind the [E] screen, on our official schedule, middle shift, below the names of the 2 [E] assigned there it says "a.k.a. The Pin Shift". Beyond the 2 [E] assigned there, Kristin Lindsay will be there often, and i'll spend a lot of time there as well. The amount and variety of pins that will be available for trade here may only be rivaled by the official trade session at the Paramount.

So come on by and see whats up. Just please try to not block the entire booth so that those that need info can still get their questions answered.
    I agree with this. I will have a ton of pins to trade with everyone. I'm one of the members of the pin shift.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
    Manic2k wrote: »

Don't forget that he also needs to wrestle a Croc and survive either a poisonous spider or snake bite.

I've survived a poisonous snake bite! One step ahead of the game!

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Update for those interested. I emailed support on PAX AUS website, and they were able to refund me a ticket. Whoever is my carer for the day just needs to show their companion card and they get a pass at the door. Thank you Fitzchivalry and Beker for bringing it to my attention. I knew the service was there, but never quite sure who does or doesnt support it.

@beker Another win for the Aus Enforcers Infobooth Crew :)

• FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I've survived a poisonous snake bite! One step ahead of the game!

Oh you survived a bite from an american snake? Cute. You silly yanks and your baby poison animals! :)

*gnaws on the carcus of a brown snake*

screen-shot-2011-03-30-at-10-58-19-am.jpg?resize=550%2C359
    Don’t let the innocuous name of this snake fool you, 1/14,000 of an ounce of its venom is enough to kill an adult human. Coming in a variety of species, the Eastern Brown snake is the most venomous. Unfortunately, its preferred habitat is also along the major population centers of Australia. The Brown snake is fast moving, can be aggressive under certain circumstances and has been known to chase aggressors and repeatedly strike at them. Even juveniles can kill a human. The venom contains both neurotoxins and blood coagulants. Fortunately for humans, less than half of bites contain venom and they prefer not to bite if at all possible. They react only to movement, so stand very still if you ever encounter one in the wild.

Fitzchivalry on
    edited August 2014
    @Fitzchivalry‌ you didn't specify species! At least I've been training!

Qumaden on
    We welcome you and your medical skills. If you know how to use antiseptic, you are already miles ahead of many of our medical interns.

I guess I could become a toxicologist and be a national treasure.

• Konig WolfKonig Wolf Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »

darkinfero wrote: »
    I agree with this. I will have a ton of pins to trade with everyone. I'm one of the members of the pin shift.
    When I saw "a.k.a. The Pin Shift" I almost lost it. It was super amazing awesome. Please everyone, bring your Coffee Kemps to the Pinfo Booth, but like Beker said - we have lots of people who need to know where things are and what to do at PAX and we want to make sure we're helping everyone so we'll try to keep the Pin talk to the side and only when there is a lull.

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
  • Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »

I wont fail you. I'll come back with the pin or not at all.

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Spy112 wrote: »
    I wont fail you. I'll come back with the pin or not at all.

Come back with your pin or upon it.

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Also, I'm bringing every extra I have. If it's not on my scarf, it's mounted on my corkboards.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Further proving logo pins are the fucking shit

That one is nice, I like the gold antiqued. Hopefully it won't be as prone to smudging

• NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    Xbox pin news is up here, details how you get the pins. TL;DR:

Sunset Overdrive- Play the 8 player co-op.
    Age of Empires- Play the demo, or take a picture.
    Project Spark (from East)- Go to the presentation.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Xbox pin news is up here, details how you get the pins. TL;DR:

Sunset Overdrive- Play the 8 player co-op.
    Age of Empires- Play the demo, or take a picture.
    Project Spark (from East)- Go to the presentation.

Awesome, Age of Empires should be just as easy to get as at East then. (Plus I think this is up on the 6th floor?)

Sunset Overdrive I'm sure will have a line, but hopefully it's not too terrible.

Project Spark... if it's short enough I'll try and get a spare.

• JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    How much do you guys think a full set could be sold for online? I'm not talking about sold at auction for charity or anything. Let's say that, after PAX Prime, some random hardcore decides they're getting out of the game or desperately need money or something like that. Firstly, how much do you think the total collection would be worth, and secondly... would it ever be able to even be sold? Would anyone pay the pricetag that it's actually worth?

Full set like, legit full set, or a full set of Prime 14? I saw a couple full sets of East 13 on ebay that sold pretty quickly. I don't remember the sale price, but I remember it being a profit but a decent value for someone who couldn't go.

The values have definitely gone down, though they'll likely spike back up after Prime is over.

Very few pins are hard to come by, if you look hard enough you can get almost anything. (DLC and Aus pins are the obvious near-impossibles, though after Aus 2014 I think the latter will definitely change).

Full set as in every pin currently released up until PAX Prime. DLC, Aus, the whole meal deal.

I don't know, probably take whatever a DLC pin is worth and tack on another $1200?

• odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    It is interesting that this topic has come up. For the past week I have been organizing my pins because this has actually happened to me. Manic, Pedro, Frostbyte and a few others have known many of the struggles that have been happening lately in my personal life, but the long and short of it is I have way too much debt to keep my full set.

I actually was writing up a ebay listing before I hopped on here tonight and so I have a listing up right now with a full complete set. Whether that is a price that people will think is fair will depend on the individual I guess.

I'm going to try to keep collecting, bu first and foremost I have decided I need to get myself in the positive first. :/

Another hardcore collector biting the dust I guess...

00Fayt00 wrote: »
    Another hardcore collector biting the dust I guess...

pouring-out-liquor.gif

RIP man, I feel your pain.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    All the best, buddy. Hope to still see you on the forums.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    God, someone more talented than me make the old Hulk walking away scene have pins falling out of his backpack in a GIF. I NEEEED THIS

All the best, buddy. Hope to still see you on the forums.

I plan to still be around. I even plan on collecting still but on a much, much, much more limited scale. At least until I can get out of debt.

• odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Are you ggorilla_psu? If so that is in my opinion just at where i value my pins. I hope I'm not breaking rules by asking.

odinson83 on
    odinson83 wrote: »
    Are you ggorilla_psu? If so that is in my opinion just at where i value my pins. I hope I'm not breaking rules by asking.

Its newly listed and a full set. It'd be a hellishly odd coincidence if its not him.

PS - so pretty...lucky drool can't soak through a monitor..

Yes that is the listing.

• purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    @00Fayt00 that really sucks, I was hoping it would not come to this for you. I have been pretty close to doing the same and I know how much it sucks.
    I know it will be more effort, but you would probably make more money by splitting up the lots into individual pins. May the Force be with you man.

• Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    Damn the order 1886 pin looks nice, called it~!

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    All the best man. I hope it all works out for you. I am glad we will still see you around the forums.

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    RE: Official Pinny Logo pins.
    You may have seen in Robert's Post that the Line Entertainment folks will no longer be the source of the Logo pins. Instead PA staff will have them on their lanyards with their staff pins.

I've verified with the LE folks that they are indeed going to have Penny Arcade supplied lanyards though, that will just have a random assortment of pins on them, not Logo pins specifically. So keep your eyes out in lines for these fine folks to trade with, they will still follow the rule of one for one trades, and might have some good stuff.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Hmm, wonder if this is one way to get rid of the "blind box" inventory :o

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
    more then that....

I was thinking in the bulk discount kind of way. You're obviously not going to get as much selling a set as you would just the individual pins. That's my opinion anyways.

more then that....

I was thinking in the bulk discount kind of way. You're obviously not going to get as much selling a set as you would just the individual pins. That's my opinion anyways.

I don't see how selling a set devalues the pins so that you would have to give a bulk discount honestly. Yes, some people may want a discount for buying a full set, and I can tell you right now if I listed a full set individually they would be worth more then I listed them, but saying that PAX East, Aus, Prime '13 and East 14' + all the other pins that have sold(LE+Holidays) would be worth $1200 is way way low. You could sell the 13' Aus Set + the 13' East set for pretty close to $1200. ;)

If you are selling something to a pawn shop or something of that nature, then that would definitely apply. Selling a full set to another collector, while you may get a bit less then if you pieced it all out individually, should not devalue the set as a whole that much.

Just my opinion though. :)

This discussion has been closed.