As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax Prime 3rd Party Cheat Sheet

DiffusionDiffusion Pin CushionOmahaRegistered User regular
edited August 2014 in Pinny Arcade
Now that Prime is less than 2 weeks away, some / most of the 3rd parties (pin partners) are putting up details on how to obtain their pins. This will be a list of the information on how to get them, and I will try to keep it as updated as possible before Prime.

Blizzard - Elite Tauren Chieftain -> Play Heroes of the Storm ( link )

Iron Horde -> Play Warlords of Draenor ( link )

Wizards of the Coast - Tiamat -> Go to the Acquisitions Incorporated show ( link )

Dark Garruk -> Do stuff at the booth OR find a community manager ( link )

Ubisoft - The Next Level -> Do PAX Prime Passport Challenges ( link )

Sony - The Order 1886 -> Play the demo ( link )

Microsoft - Fizzy -> Play the 8 player Sunset Overdrive demo (link )

Castle Siege -> Demo Age of Empires: Castle Siege OR Get your picture taken (link )

Project Spark (Same as East) -> Go to booth and watch presentation / demo (link )

Behemoth - Cupcake & Space Bears -> Series 3 Chonku Chonku Machines ( link )

Undead Labs - Moonrise -> Play the demo ( link )

Kris Straub - Cthulhu Dice -> Purchase at his booth in Bandland ( link )

Katie Rice - Hidden Kitties -> Purchase at her booth in Bandland ( link )

Scott Kurtz - Panda Espresso -> Purchase at his booth in Bandland ( link )

Loading Ready Run - Creepy Doll -> Purchase at their booth in Bandland ( link )

Patrick Rothfuss - Eolian Talent Pipes -> Purchase at the Geek Chic booth ( link )

Spry Fox - Triple Town Bear -> Purchase at their booth ( link )

Supergiant - Red -> Purchase at their booth ( link )

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
Feel free to send me a trade request!
Diffusion on

• odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    WOW @Diffusion , thanks for putting this together!!!!

• FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Diffusion wrote: »

Kinda worried about this one, especially for multiples for pinpals. Hopefully it's not that bad...
    Behemoth - Cupcake & Space Bears -> Series 3 Chonku Chonku Machines ( link )

Thanks the baby Jesus... they will not be mixed in lol

• CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    Frostbyte wrote: »

Kinda worried about this one, especially for multiples for pinpals. Hopefully it's not that bad...

Just in case, I'm doing the social challenges for people who can't go to PAX.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
  • FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    GOD DAMN YOU BEHEMOTH WHY ARE YOU BRINGING S1 & S2 PINS THAT I JUST PAID 20-30 EACH FOR ON EBAY /rage

• KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    GOD DAMN YOU BEHEMOTH WHY ARE YOU BRINGING S1 & S2 PINS THAT I JUST PAID 20-30 EACH FOR ON EBAY /rage

That's exactly why I haven't even traded for them yet. After Prime '13 they still had fullish machines. PAX East confirmed Series 1 was still available. I'd rather just wait to plunk down the money.

Kurpav on
    On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Kurpav wrote: »

That's exactly why I haven't even traded for them yet. After Prime '13 they still had fullish machines. PAX East confirmed Series 1 was still available. I'd rather just wait to plunk down the money.

Yeh us Aussies (read: me) didnt get that info. I thought they were all gone or in very small quantities. Oh well. If theres a heap of thing, looks like I know what to expect as trade fodder for PAXAus instead of Lookouts, since these are cheaper :)

• darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    https://guidebook.com/guide/24122/maps/
    You can add more to the list.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    darkinfero wrote: »

Locations are nice but I'm only gonna put up info when its fairly certain how to obtain the pin. Like im 99% sure that to get Dark Garruk from WotC, we just have to go demo Dual of the Planeswalkers at their booth, but I haven't heard from WotC yet (I expect them to announce Friday when they used to do Arcana articles for whatever show they were going to the next week).

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
  • FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    darkinfero wrote: »

Like im 99% sure that to get Dark Garruk from WotC, we just have to go demo Dual of the Planeswalkers at their booth, but I haven't heard from WotC yet

That's a pretty safe bet haha

• vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Ugh, the online entry stuff for the Ubisoft pin feels so scummy. "You might get this pin if you spam your social media outlets with something that no one gives a shit about!" - At least it's easy to post/delete/revoke access and it doesn't take away your entries.

Hopefully whatever they have set up at the booth isn't quite so gross.

vid on
    55ymlH2.png
  • Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just be aware it's not available to enter for anyone outside the US. Always read the rules! =)

• thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Spry Fox is selling their Triple Town Bear pin.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    thx42 wrote: »
    Spry Fox is selling their Triple Town Bear pin.

You're welcome

Thanks for this Craig, OP updated

My pins are right here!
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
  • Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Also Order 1886 looks to be a play demo one
    Imsorad wrote: »

Spy112 on
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That's not really an answer. Does that mean 1200 total? Does that mean 500 each day?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I hereby declare that the order pin looks totally RAD in the gold. Love it.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    That's not really an answer. Does that mean 1200 total? Does that mean 500 each day?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

I'm hoping they do more pins considering there's more days of PAX...

Post updated for Sony and Microsoft

My pins are right here!
  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

I'm hoping they do more pins considering there's more days of PAX...

But there are also fewer tickets sold for Prime.

• AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Wizards posted the details for Garruk - http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/magic-pax-prime-2014-2014-08-26

The 2014 PAX Prime Pin features the right side of Garruk's face, which, for those of you who made it to PAX East, will discover is a perfect match for the left side of his face we gave away there. You can get your pin by taking part in the Magic booth experience, or possibly by finding one of our community managers as they roam the hall and tweet about the convention.

• thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    The Supergiant Transistor pin is going to be sold, price TBD.

http://supergiantgames.com/index.php/2014/08/new-transistor-merch-at-pax-prime/

It seems like a lot of the pins this year are purchased, not given out for a demo. On the one hand, I like that idea because it saves time in lines and lets me do more stuff. On the other hand, this trip is going to cost me a lot more than originally intended.

edited August 2014
    OP updated, leaving WeLoveFine and Klei as the unknowns. Blizzard has put up a post on their WoW page saying to get the Iron Horde pin, we gotta play the Warlords of Draenor beta, and Pat put up a blog post saying the Pipes will be for sale (a shame, I wanted to earn them like you do in the books)

Diffusion on

My pins are right here!
  • NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Awesome list, Diffusion! I took it a bit of a notch up and added booth numbers to the list, and just where they are in the convention center. Feel free to use the list everyone. I really just made it for my own brain, lol.

Expo Hall, Level 6

Undead Labs - #6103:
    Moonrise- Play the Demo

Age of Empires - #6608:
    Age of Empires- Play Demo OR Take Picture

WeLoveFine- #7511:
    Adventure Time Set- Most likely buy the set from their booth.

Expo Hall, Level 4

Merch Booth- South Lobby:
    PAX Prime 2014 Set, PAX Prime Anniversary Set- Purchase at Booth.

Bandland- North Lobby:
    Kris Straub, Katie Rice, Scott Kurtz, LRR- Purchase in Bandland.

SpryFox- #135:
    Triple Town Bear- Purchase at Booth

Blizzard- #352:
    Elite Tauren Chieftain- Play Heroes of the Storm
    Iron Horde- Play Warlord of Draenor

Sony- #212:
    The Order: 1886- Play Demo

Microsoft- #412:
    Fizzy- Play the Demo
    Project Spark- Watch Presentation

The Next Level/Ubisoft- #632/#832
    The Next Level- Complete PAX Prime Passport Challenge (?)

WOTC- #1642:
    Tiamat- Go to Acq. Inc show
    Dark Garruk- Find Community Manager/Do stuff At Booth

Geek Chic (Rothfuss)- SKY3:
    Eolian Talent Pipes- Purchase at Geek Chic Booth

The Behemoth- #3003:
    Cupcake & Honeyhug- Get in Chonku Chonku Machine

Supergiant- #3010:
    Red- Purchase at Booth

Klei- #3444:
    Don’t Starve- Most Likely Purchase at Booth

NowHiringHenchmen on
    edited August 2014
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    This is splendidly helpful.

Teamwork makes the dream work!

edited August 2014
    Hey peops - if you still need Sony's Tearaway pin, it will be available from the Cookie Brigade at various times:
    - On Friday, we will be distributing pins at 11:30am, 2pm and 4pm in the Sheraton #pinnyarcade
    - On Saturday, we will have Tearaway pins at 12:30pm, 3pm, 5pm, and 7:30pm, in the Sheraton #pinnyarcade
    - Sunday’s pin times are 11:30am, 2pm, 4pm, 7:30pm, again in the Sheraton #pinnyarcade

They will be available for a MINIMUM $10 donation to Child's Play - but remember its all for the kids so be good and cough up more!

Fitzchivalry on
  • gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    Of note, The Order pin only has a 25% of dropping. People have had to go through the line and the demo (roughly 90-120 mins total) to get a pin. It all depends on what color T-shirt you pull after the Demo.

The line for the two Blizzard demos are 1.5-2 hours each and the lines are regularly capped for hours at a time. Very sought after.

The Don't Starve pin is $10 at their booth.

The Red pin is $15 at the Transistor booth.

There are also Bard Rock pins available for $25 at the PVP booth.

Both of Katie's pins are available to purchase.

Strip Search pins are also available for trade by all the contestants that have booths set up.

There are also many many Ben Kachura pins available for trade from Enforcers.

Why is the Ben pin so desired? Ive seen people tweeting about it..I thought Levin would be the one people were after..

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Because when the Series 1 staff pins were first released (PAX Prime last year iirc) pretty much only the corresponding PA member held their own pin. Soon after that, Ben left PA. No ben, no ben pin.

Levins is different, its been about a year and a few PAX's later, has had time to circulate

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    See this is random stuff I never knew. Sigh. Need an almanac with the history of PA/Pinny and events of note.

• adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    See this is random stuff I never knew. Sigh. Need an almanac with the history of PA/Pinny and events of note.

Maybe @grgemonkey‌ can add this to the pinny pal site? Give each pin a "more info" button or something that links to a wiki.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • ericleoneericleone Connecticut, USARegistered User regular
    Fizzy can also be had at Paramount (right where swag bags are)
    You have to get your picture taken then upload to sns.

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    adambarg wrote: »

Maybe @grgemonkey‌ can add this to the pinny pal site? Give each pin a "more info" button or something that links to a wiki.

Sure but we need a volunteer to prepare the info :)

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • desocietasdesocietas Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Ugh just stood in line for a demo for Fizzy to be told afterwards that the pin was only for the first place winner (out of eight) per demo. Paramount might be the faster way to go.

desocietas on
    grgemonkey wrote: »
    adambarg wrote: »

Sure but we need a volunteer to prepare the info :)

I suck at wikis..but I think if we made a wiki up, and left it open to the group, it would get filled in pretty quickly and accurately.

Also, my attempt at the quiz on the podcast should be clear and utter proof that I should NOT be allowed any editing skills on the page whatsoever :)