As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lockers around PAX

XarthanXarthan Registered User regular
Anyone know of lockers I could rent out (Like the coin ones) around the convention center? Thinking about unloading swag during the day.

• Options
    PottedMeatPottedMeat Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    No lockers that I know of, BUT in my experience most hotel bellhops will store things for you for a tip, even if you're not staying in the hotel.

Edit: I should specify, make sure they give you an item ticket though.

PottedMeat on
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Xarthan wrote: »
    Anyone know of lockers I could rent out (Like the coin ones) around the convention center? Thinking about unloading swag during the day.

Seattle native here: as far as I know there are no public lockers downtown whatsoever. We have a lot of homeless people who mess with public property, and a lot of frightened yuppies who are afraid of terrorists. What few public lockers we I remember would have been removed in the 80's and 90's.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    embraceternityembraceternity Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I've done this at PAX East before but not at Prime, so I'm not sure if Prime have the same feature....but at PAX East, they had a spot inside of the convention center (run by PAX enforcers) where you could check in bags, coats, swag etc. They'd give you a clip with a number to hold on to, and at the end of the day you just showed them your clip and you'd get your items back. Since it was run by PAX, it felt even safer than a locker-for-rent in Seattle (which I don't think Seattle has, unfortunately). Hopefully they do this at Prime, as well.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've done this at PAX East before but not at Prime, so I'm not sure if Prime have the same feature....but at PAX East, they had a spot inside of the convention center (run by PAX enforcers) where you could check in bags, coats, swag etc. They'd give you a clip with a number to hold on to, and at the end of the day you just showed them your clip and you'd get your items back. Since it was run by PAX, it felt even safer than a locker-for-rent in Seattle (which I don't think Seattle has, unfortunately). Hopefully they do this at Prime, as well.
    I am pretty sure this doesn't exist at prime, and I was pretty sure at east it was run by convention staff (I could be wrong about that).

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Correct on both counts. That was BCEC staff, not us.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    IntradoxIntradox AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Would a PAX Hotel let me leave my carry-on suitcase in the morning of PAX until my room is ready in the afternoon? Not sure what else I will do with it otherwise...

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Any hotel worth its salt will do this for you. Things might get a little hairy Friday morning simply because you wouldn't be the first, second, third, fourth... person also doing this.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?