As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Weather Watch 2014: Bring a Jacket

GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
edited August 2014 in PAX West
It's looking like it's going to be cool and possibly wet during Prime this year. Make sure to pack a jacket and/or an umbrella if you're coming from far away!

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=seattle

GeeCee on

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    More specifically, the highest chance of rain is Saturday, currently at 40%. Highs will be in the low 70s (except for Thursday, which is upper 70s), and lows are in the mid-50s.

It just decided to get stupid hot where I am, so that sounds like heaven to me.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    From KOMO's website (which, to this Seattle native sounds a lot better than 80s):

Thursday begins our transition to cloudy skies, amid some sunbreaks, too. Day-by-day we cool off into the low to mid 70s on Friday.

By the Labor Day weekend -- long range models are calling for the chance of scattered showers. Right now, it's not looking heavy, so don't cancel those outdoor plans. We'll certainly keep you posted, but for now look for highs in the upper 60s and low 70s.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    This is PAX, I specifically spend my entire weekend inside during this period of time.

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    MetricalSkyMetricalSky Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Sounds like perfect weather to me. I start to melt when the temperature goes above 25 degrees.

ItrVoTt.png
  • Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    I was planning on bringing a light jacket or sweatshirt anyway, but I won't mind if we get a little rain. Baking in the southern California sun all the time gets really old.

PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Ravenger wrote: »
    This is PAX, I specifically spend my entire weekend inside during this period of time.

You only spend time in one building? I'll feel bad for you bro. :-)

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    Spud387Spud387 Man of Inaction Vancouver, BC, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Eh, bring a hoodie and you'll be fine. Its a CHANCE for LIGHT showers. If it rains a hoodie is all you need.

Prime 2016 Status: Skipping. 2017, The Return.

Attended: PAX Prime 2010/'11/'12/'13/'14
  • Options
    BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    So my Super Mario XXXL kids pancho isn't needed?

• Options
    SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to the warm weather!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    BadNews65 wrote: »
    So my Super Mario XXXL kids pancho isn't needed?

Not for the rain, but you should still definitely bring that... If only for the rest of us. Ha ha :smiley:

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Ravenger wrote: »

The main theater is a few blocks away this year

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    GeeCee wrote: »
    It's looking like it's going to be cool and possibly wet during Prime this year. Make sure to pack a jacket and/or an umbrella if you're coming from far away!

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=seattle

Oh fuck yes. With the highs Seattle has seen this summer I was worried this PAX was going to be a blast furnace.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    So tired of the heat here. It's not as bad as in '12 (it was over 100 degrees when we left PA) but it's still too hot. I sleep with my ac on year round. I prefer rain, snow, and negative degrees. So it's nice to hear that once again it won't be too hot when we hit Seattle.

• Options
    IdiotPatrolIdiotPatrol Registered User regular
    Low to mid 70s and a slight chance of rain? Sounds perfect to me.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah, same.

• Options
    BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    It has gotten waaaaay to hot here in Arkansas these past few weeks, so I am certainly looking forward to the weather change. You might see some weirdo running around in the streets splashing in puddles... That weirdo would be me... >_> no shame here...

• Options
    DustyStarrDustyStarr Registered User regular
    I just bought a new hoodie, so good timing. X3

• Options
    madtygermadtyger Lover of Bricks Side 3Registered User regular
    Aw man, I'm kind of bummed about this. I'm a desert rat so anything below 80 degrees is cold to me.

• Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Low to mid 70s and a slight chance of rain? Sounds perfect to me.

After my 2nd Oregon winter, rain doesn't faze me (1st year I lived here I was told "If you can't work in the rain, you don't belong here.") 70's is late spring temps. I'm Happy

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    ottergalottergal Registered User regular
    With 70,000+ people in the convention center we're all going to be glad it's not as hot as it has been lately. This is going to be perfect weather.

• Options
    soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular
    I'm thrilled with the cool temps, but I do hope the showers remain light (as currently predicted). I don't want all my cool stuff getting wet while I'm running back and forth between WSCC and Benaroya. :)

PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    soozerella wrote: »
    I'm thrilled with the cool temps, but I do hope the showers remain light (as currently predicted). I don't want all my cool stuff getting wet while I'm running back and forth between WSCC and Benaroya. :)

I invested in a poster tube for just this reason :smile:

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    bubblegirl22bubblegirl22 portlandRegistered User regular
    That is great news for me. Wearing a Lilith borderland cosplay can get hot so cool weather sounds great

• Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    The report sounds a lot like it was last year, which I found to be basically perfect.

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    CelticKevinCelticKevin Everyone is chum to the ill tempered sea bass PDXishRegistered User regular
    To many Pacific NWers the rain is not a deal at all... I think I have an umbrella somewhere, but it'll remain in its mysterious location for PAX.

But...
    BouwsT wrote: »
    I invested in a poster tube for just this reason :smile:

Now that is an excellent idea and a timely reminder. Thank you!

• Options
    ShionShion Queen of the Whiteboard Markers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh thank goodness. I'm cosplaying Kat from DMC: Devil May Cry and I always run a little hot. I was worried boots and a hoodie would be dressing too warmly but this weather looks really nice!