As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Desperation [chat]

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    It was basically like 6 episodes of shit going down

Just epic boss fights

Everything about it is perfection. EXPLOSIONS. CUT TO MUSTACHE. CUT TO MORE EXPLOSIONS.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I am a big 'ending' person, like if the ending to a series stinks (it doesn't have to be happy but it has to be well done) then it ruins the rest of the show or book retroactively for me

The ending of Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy annoyed me enough that I don't recommend it to anyone even though it's quite good overall.

That was the best part, and the point of the whole thing.

ehhhh
    everything sucks and nobody gets anything they want and all the people disperse and the world is still shit lol the whole quest was basically bs power struggles everyone be miserable end of book

no thaaaaaaanks.

Yes

The whole point was to upend the typical fantasy tropes, structurally and thematically, instead of superficially disrupting them (e.g. ooh what if orcs were the good guys)
    "If there were immortal wizards, they'd probably be total assholes" is a wonderful and convincing premise

It was a really honest look at what a fantasy world and typical cast of protagonists would "really" be like and the whole exercise was quite fascinating and also entertaining

I am surprised you would expect a different ending after finishing the second book. It would have been pretty boring if it had ended with success!

I get that but
    even if it did turn out that the wizards would be complete assholes, literally no one gets anything in the end. I feel like it was overly contrived to shit on every single character. It just kind of trashed the landscape of the character development in unnecessary ways, dumped it all on the reader in the last couple of chapters, and then walked off flipping the bird

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    blameless cleric, read henry miller, anais nin, the marquis de sade, george bataille's the story of the eye, sacher von masoch's venus in furs, allen ginsberg's howl and write a book report about what you learned

are you gonna make her read Howl aloud with each line a single breath?

That actually takes some work.

i would actually recommend you read all poetry aloud

there's something about feeling language move through your body like that that is invigorating

and then read it to yourself

BC you are going to meet many people like this at college

embrace them

but do not smoke whatever spliff they hand you

FTFY.

If they're offering for free, why not?

• Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    @ChelleYeah‌ and anyone else dealing with chronic pain:
    The DEA (note this isn't the FDA or any other medical association) is changing hydrocodone to a schedule 2 drug. Life is about to get even harder.

Dear US Government,

You already lost the "war" on drugs, and lost it badly. Please take your guns, agents, and useless laws and go home.

Best regards,
    Me

Ooomg.

P sure my mom takes it. I wonder what this will mean for her. God this is stupid.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    who is closer to my age, kid spool or adult spool

idk what is your age

Closer to me! You win... uh, half my student debt! WOOO

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    FUK U WAR ON DRUGS

what a fkd up "war"

poo
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Put on some thermal socks, because man are my feet cold right now.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    It was basically like 6 episodes of shit going down

Just epic boss fights

Just so little filler compared to almost everything else out there. So awesome.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options

idk what is your age

no i will have none of it

poo
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Aww but hydro codone is great!!

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Also I'm reposting this because I forgot how to make life less awful.
    http://i.imgur.com/2XdIVFc.jpg

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    So Blameless Cleric is a product of two 32's. She is an Atari Jaguar!

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    FUK U WAR ON DRUGS

what a fkd up "war"

Srsly.

Just legalize everything, and the problems will sort themselves out.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Was doing a presentation for one of our dealer's customers. The dealer was repeating what I said verbatim. I can understand if he restated in a different way to provide clarity but this was him just repeating what I said in the exact same way. I felt that vein behind my eye twitching.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Somehow fma made a dude with a sword fight a tank and it was amazing

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hmm...

What powers ninjas.

What allows ninjas to be ninjas...

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    My favorite poem to this day is the Jabberwocky from Through the Looking Glass

I love the rhythm of it.

There's so much you can do with it with inflection.

Snicker-snack, motherfuckers

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

idk what is your age

I'm sorry spool, I have to be friends with your daughter instead of you since I'm closer to your age.

We will be at the fancy dinner, quietly whispering among the table and shutting our mouths immediately every time you walk up.

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    FUK U WAR ON DRUGS

what a fkd up "war"

Srsly.

Just legalize everything, and the problems will sort themselves out.

well no not that

poo
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Hmm...

What powers ninjas.

Ninjitsu?

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hmm...

What powers ninjas.

chakra

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I am a big 'ending' person, like if the ending to a series stinks (it doesn't have to be happy but it has to be well done) then it ruins the rest of the show or book retroactively for me

That's was ultimately turned me off to most anime, the lack of a satisfying resolution for pretty much 95% of all series

Go watch Cowboy Bebop.

Now.

I will wait.

uh of course I've already watched Cowboy Bebop u casual

Watch Eden of the East.

I ALREADY DID

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I think house-hunting is going into high gear now that I know for sure about that promotion

almost got myself resigned to paying up to $500K. Previously I just could not get myself to be willing to go above $400K but that is not gonna happen I think.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I don't want to watch this show my heart is broken why are you making it sound good.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Couple of quick things and then I must abscond with my daughter for a bit.

1. Parents are humans, I know that's a huge shock for some of you, but it's a truth we've raised our kids with.
    2. #Blameless Cleric can hold her own, and knows her own limits. She's her own person, not an extension of her parents.
    3. She knows full well her parents are human case in point:
    She owns the loudest cheapest fan we could buy and it runs at all times in her room because her room shares a wall with our room and this was the solution she and I came up with for certain sound issues.
    spool32 is actually a remarkable, loving, incredibly intelligent, politically centered, passionate person
    5. GET DUNKED ON

Yeah yeah

Let's see how calm and wise @Belasco32 and @Spool32 are on the day they wake up and realize @Blameless Cleric‌ has more awesomes and agrees than they do

She has the verve of youth to push her hustle for Internet points

Time to retire now guys

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    I can't deal with ebay anymore.
    should i just buy the coup + expansion KS edition for $66?
    Please vote.

Probably not unless you really want those alternate art cards

they r pretty great tho

Sloth. You misunderstand the poll. This is happening. It's decided. The only question is whether I should go for the instant gratification route or not.

y

also, I totes should've gotten more copies and ebayed dem things

you should have gotten more and sold one to me at a reasonable markup!

I accidentally got 2 copies of Avalon if you want that -- those are pretty easy to track down though.

no ty. I already have the resistance and it's hard finding people to play that.

• Options
    Hmm...

What powers ninjas.

Lots of things potentially

"Chi"
    Shadow/black magic
    Intense discipline
    Vague superhumanness

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I am waiting to find out if my car is fixed or still a death trap. I am really hoping that it's better. I really do need it.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Moving hydrocodone/acetominophen products to Schedule II will have virtually no effect on people who already receive hydrocodone prescriptions from a physician.

It will make it harder to get new hydrocodone prescriptions, though.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    In dr mcninja it seems to be genetic

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

idk what is your age

I'm sorry spool, I have to be friends with your daughter instead of you since I'm closer to your age.

We will be at the fancy dinner, quietly whispering among the table and shutting our mouths immediately every time you walk up.

That seems legit.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hmm...

What powers ninjas.

I know space ninjas use Void space magic, if that helps.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Donkeys aren't Monkeys

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    At the end of Brotherhood, do they still decide that the source of alchemy is suffering from a parallel universe and that you can power violations of equivalent exchange with the power of friendship?

Because if that happens again I will break my television.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hmm...

What powers ninjas.

Lots of things potentially

"Chi"
    Shadow/black magic
    Intense discipline
    Vague superhumanness

Discipline, that works.

Thanks, Casual Eddy.

Thanks for being an enabler.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Coup Reformation Bought.
    So mad that I had to once again over pay for this fucking game, but so relieved I don't have to lose anymore stupid auctions.

Now I have to convince people to play with me.

• Options
    Poetry is not communication with angels or with the "subconscious." It is communication with the guts, genitals, and five portals of sense. Nothing more.

• Options
    Donkeys aren't Monkeys

Bullshit

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

That's was ultimately turned me off to most anime, the lack of a satisfying resolution for pretty much 95% of all series

Go watch Cowboy Bebop.

Now.

I will wait.

uh of course I've already watched Cowboy Bebop u casual

Watch Eden of the East.

I ALREADY DID

I take back everything I ever said about you.

We can be friends.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

I don't want to watch this show my heart is broken why are you making it sound good.

Brotherhood is like

"We're so sorry about that other thing. It's not canon anymore. Strike it from the record. Here's the real show"

and it's like HMM. I am open to your appeal. Oh. Oh.

Lower court decision is struck down in all parts the appeal is granted

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
This discussion has been closed.