As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Desperation [chat]

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I am torn between angrily paying this convenience fee and trying to find an actual check to get bank information from.

I paid three dollars this morning to cash a 20 dollar check because I didn't want to wait in line at my bank.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Well until the brake line on the other back tire breaks. Then I'll die in a fiery crash.

I am BeNarwhal and I do not approve of this post.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @gooey help the sky is exploding what do I do! is it war??

no wait it's thunder I forgot what that sounds like.

cptrugged wrote: »
    I have no idea what my folks made in the long long ago.

I have never known how much money my dad makes.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    TUCSON Ariz. (Reuters) - A 9-year-old girl accidentally shot and killed her shooting instructor at an Arizona range with an Israeli-made Uzi submachine gun when the weapon's strong recoil caused her to lose control of her aim, police said on Tuesday.

So, uh, yeah. That's a thing that happens apparently.

Yeah, it's not the first time. About six years back a kid died because he lost control on a small automatic. Most people tend to assume that a lightweight gun is great for kids to try but light weight guns tend much harder to control the recoil on, so basically they are the worst guns to give to kids .

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    gooey help the sky is exploding what do I do! is it war??

no wait it's thunder I forgot what that sounds like.

*quietly invades Texas under cover of a thunderstorm*

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    "With the latest Frostbite Engine technology you can mod in breast and butt physics to your hearts content! 10/10!" - IGN

archeage comes with that is why best mmo

I watched some Archeage and it was like, wow this looks like the most grindy korean snoozefest ever.

Yeah but for $150 you can be a premium member and help them fix bugs in the alpha.

But hasn't the game been out for YEARS technically? Edit: Wiki says Jan 2013.

EARLY ACCESS GET IN NOW

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    all I know is that when my dad was younger than I am now he could buy a house for something like 3x his gross annual salary as a fairly poor journeyman carpenter

I'm looking at 4x my gross annual salary as a software developer with 10 years experience earning 3x the median household income

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TUCSON Ariz. (Reuters) - A 9-year-old girl accidentally shot and killed her shooting instructor at an Arizona range with an Israeli-made Uzi submachine gun when the weapon's strong recoil caused her to lose control of her aim, police said on Tuesday.

Yeah this is not the first story I've seen involving a small child killing someone because it turns out Uzis are Uzis.

I'm not saying anyone deserves to be shot and killed by a 9 year-old with an uzi but like.... if you give a 9 year-old an uzi then...

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Yeah, it's not the first time. About six years back a kid died because he lost control on a small automatic. Most people tend to assume that a lightweight gun is great for kids to try but light weight guns tend much harder to control the recoil on, so basically they are the worst guns to give to kids .

I almost dropped the Glock the first time I shot one. Never made that mistake again, but I haaaaate lightweight guns now.

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    And Russia just apparently launched a formal invasion of Ukraine.

Whenever I think of uzis, I just think of the 80's. And Florida.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    deebs i have extra limes because the limes i got were huge and also i got a lime squeezer so i extracted more juice than expected

i have MORE LIMES than i needed

poo
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    liiiiink

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

I almost dropped the Glock the first time I shot one. Never made that mistake again, but I haaaaate lightweight guns now.

Mine is rechambered for .22, so the recoil is pretty light. But yeah, people tend to underestimate lighter guns.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    worst guns to give to kids

lol

poo
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Well until the brake line on the other back tire breaks. Then I'll die in a fiery crash.

Um.

Please don't.

Please.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Mine is rechambered for .22, so the recoil is pretty light. But yeah, people tend to underestimate lighter guns.

Yeah this was a .45 if I recall correctly.

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I am torn between angrily paying this convenience fee and trying to find an actual check to get bank information from.

Truly this is a cruel age.

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Trace on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    all I know is that when my dad was younger than I am now he could buy a house for something like 3x his gross annual salary as a fairly poor journeyman carpenter

I'm looking at 4x my gross annual salary as a software developer with 10 years experience earning 3x the median household income

Yeah I kind of look at it like, what could my Mom or Dad afford to do vs the hours they worked at what kind of job.

And yeah they could have a car payment and live on their own and travel on a part time job making not much more than minimum wage.

Psn:wazukki
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    liiiiink
    snop
    uuuuuuugh

cB557 on
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Help me science people, you are my only hope. I am editing my table of significant results in the literature, and for some reason one source convinced me that all significant results should be marked with a * , if the variable wasn't studied, it should be marked with a dash ( - ), and if it's insignificant, it should be marked with a 3. Yup, the number 3. I know that's weird and not the status quo, so I'm wondering what you usually see/do for insignificant results? I don't want my table to be weird.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Shiv I beat Diablo and am now replaying it two levels harder and exploring and my XP is shooting up like whoa.

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Shiv I beat Diablo and am now replaying it two levels harder and exploring and my XP is shooting up like whoa.

D3? Or Diablo?

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Whenever I think of uzis, I just think of the 80's. And Florida.

Night of the Comet

Atomika wrote: »

Um.

Please don't.

Please.

I would agree, but I think this is a weird message from the past about how Cinders became Cinders.

It's an origin story!
    And yes, of COURSE I am kidding! Get your other brakes checked, girl!

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Wow, Tim Schafer is getting threats and whinage twittered his way because, shock of shock, he's not an MRA.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    We could just not give guns to children maybe

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    We could just not give uzis to children maybe

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Wow, take a look at this commie.

Go back to China.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

You must be one o' them freedom haters.

Wow, Tim Schafer is getting threats and whinage twittered his way because, shock of shock, he's not an MRA.

The anti-Sarkeesian movie that people are trying to get funded resulted in me perusing various youtube channels of MRA types.

It eventually got too creepy, so I had to stop trying to sate my morbid curiosity.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I wonder if my phone battery will last long enough till the bus comes.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    deebs i have extra limes because the limes i got were huge and also i got a lime squeezer so i extracted more juice than expected

i have MORE LIMES than i needed

*sniff*
    It's beautiful.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    today i went to school ermgerd

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    No-Quarter wrote: »

D3? Or Diablo?

Diablo 3.

I now know it was Shivahn who's been holding me back all along.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Hahhaha
    Burger King: We will not move our HQ for lower tax rates!
    Breaking News: Burger King is moving their HQ to the former HQ of Tim Hortons

Bless your heart.
    I should play D3 again. I barely touched it after running through the expansion, and I liked it enough that I uninstalled Torchlight 2 and PoE just because I was having the most fun with that one.

But I also have the attention span of a mentally ill cat, so I think my dinner might be almost ready to pull out of the oven.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so i got myself weighed

for the first time in years

my god last time it was like 165

what have i done

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.