As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Desperation [chat]

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    "Blameless Cleric"‌ Belasco32‌ DemonStacey‌

Based on the awesomes received earlier you three get signaled on this, because I'm home and managed to find a picture. This is the snake I was talking about earlier:
    Lampropeltis_zonata_multicincta.jpg

Those things are absurdly pretty when moving. They slither pretty fast so everything kind of runs together in a really neat pattern.

It took me forever to find that picture despite the name being "California mountain kingsnake" ><

The South African Tree Snake is also very pretty. Not as colourful, but it has large anime eyes.

Or was the the Grass Snake? I can't never tell those apart.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh also they eat rattlesnakes. So they're like, super fucking awesome. They're immune to the venom and I was told as a kid that they will fight rattlesnakes by grabbing the throat and spinning them around until they suffocate.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Dad is get me coffee from good coffee place.

Best dad NA

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I wonder what the mechanism for venom immunity is. I used to know what rattlesnake venom acted on too. Urgh.

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    Geth has opinions...

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    just got a weird voicemail from someone asking if I wanted to build a snowman. They used my name and said "we used to be best buddies." it was from a restricted number.

really weird???

So It Goes on
  • Options
    is this like some frozen joke or something

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    just got a weird voicemail from someone asking if I wanted to build a snowman. They used my name and said "we used to be best buddies." it was from a restricted number.

really weird???

Sounds like a Frozen reference.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    I dislike getting weird shit like that on my phone.

• Options
    That is weird SiG I would not like it.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    So a few years back, there was this viral video of a guy driving a Veyron into a lake. Hell, here it is.

http://youtu.be/4NJmB1F2mdE

At first the guy claimed it was to dodge a bird. Then that video went viral. Then he claimed he was looking for his phone. Well the insurance company didn't buy that and now he's looking at jail time for wire fraud/insurance fraud. Apparently he did this deliberately after trying to hire someone to torch the car so he could collect the insurance money.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    @Blameless Cleric

You has akita and does not give my babby akita her rightful awesome.

omg

we beefin

we beefin girl

• Options

Hopefully it's just a friend that thought it would be a funny way to reach out.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »

I didn't recognize the voice at all, and the restricted number is creepy.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Spinning music in 15 minutes, one hour of practice

@desc @y2jake215‌ @TehSloth‌ @dlinfiniti‌ @Elki‌

l924slkw5opz.jpg

http://mixlr.com/tl-dr

• Options
    Mortious wrote: »

I didn't recognize the voice at all, and the restricted number is creepy.

Voice thing is concerning, but it might just be someone you haven't spoken to in a while.

The restricted number could just be someone using a work phone?

Anyway, hopefully it's just a one off thing.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Or maybe you have a long lost sister.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Made it home with 2% left on my phone.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Huh

I THOUGHT I was missing one of my facebook friends, but I couldn't figure out who it was.

It was my sister in law. Hmm.

Oh well I guess.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i had a milk snake named snakey for a while in college

i had to let him go free because my mom said she wouldn't let me in the house with him when i came home that break
    n4t881y7b27f.jpg

he wasn't nearly this pretty (he was just a little snakelet) but i hope he is doing okay :'(

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    My milk snake brings all the boys to the yard

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I don't like people playin on my phone

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    poor babby snake. :(

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I've been casually browsing box office returns for movies all day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birth_of_a_Nation#Box_office_performance
    Griffith's budget started at US$40,000, but the film finally cost $112,000. As a result, Griffith had to seek new sources of capital for his film. A ticket to the film cost a record $2 ... [Film historian Richard Schickel] concludes that "Birth certainly generated more than $60 million in box-office business in its first run."

Damn.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Garter snakes are awesome and are busy taking on extremely toxic newts.
    http://scienceblogs.com/notrocketscience/2008/03/10/immune-snakes-outrun-toxic-newts-in-evolutionary-a/
    Charles Hanifin from Utah State University has found one such example among garter snakes and newts living along North America’s west coast. Even though some of the newts pack one of the most powerful poisons used by any animal, they still fall prey to garter snakes that have evolved extreme levels of resistance to them. In some locations, the snakes’ immunity is so complete that the not a single newt is poisonous enough to overwhelm them.

Snake v. newt

The three species of newts from the genus Taricha defend themselves with a lethal poison called tetrodotoxin. It kills by plugging up molecular pores on the surface of nerve and muscle cells that act as channels for sodium ions. If these ions are denied passage, nerve cells can’t fire and muscles can’t contract. The heart stops, breathing becomes impossible and death soon follows. There is no antidote.

The skin of a single newt is laced with enough tetrodotoxin to kill 10-20 humans, or thousands of mice. But not the common garter snake (Thamnophis sirtalis); some individuals have become immune to tetrodotoxin, by changing the structure of their sodium channels so that the poison no longer blocks them.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Somehow fma made a dude with a sword fight a tank and it was amazing

I don't want to watch this show my heart is broken why are you making it sound good.

you should do it

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't like people playin on my phone

They'll see your dick pics

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    Garter snakes are awesome and are busy taking on extremely toxic newts.
    http://scienceblogs.com/notrocketscience/2008/03/10/immune-snakes-outrun-toxic-newts-in-evolutionary-a/
    Charles Hanifin from Utah State University has found one such example among garter snakes and newts living along North America’s west coast. Even though some of the newts pack one of the most powerful poisons used by any animal, they still fall prey to garter snakes that have evolved extreme levels of resistance to them. In some locations, the snakes’ immunity is so complete that the not a single newt is poisonous enough to overwhelm them.

Snake v. newt

The three species of newts from the genus Taricha defend themselves with a lethal poison called tetrodotoxin. It kills by plugging up molecular pores on the surface of nerve and muscle cells that act as channels for sodium ions. If these ions are denied passage, nerve cells can’t fire and muscles can’t contract. The heart stops, breathing becomes impossible and death soon follows. There is no antidote.

The skin of a single newt is laced with enough tetrodotoxin to kill 10-20 humans, or thousands of mice. But not the common garter snake (Thamnophis sirtalis); some individuals have become immune to tetrodotoxin, by changing the structure of their sodium channels so that the poison no longer blocks them.

That toxin is super awesome and a hugely important tool in neuroscience.

• Options
    @Blameless Cleric

omg

we beefin

we beefin girl

What I didn't notice. What. *goes back*

• Options
    "Blameless Cleric"‌

omg

we beefin

we beefin girl

Too late, got your first chat beef.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    i'm in a corporate law class and i still can't tell whether this professor is hardcore randian or just messing around

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    sig are you playing wow yet

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i am mad

• Options
    Lookit dese puppies.

Lookit dem wrassle.

@‌Cinders

a0lqh9a20cka.jpg

I think this is it that is Akita in the back yes??? AWESOME.

• Options
    @Blameless Cleric

omg

we beefin

we beefin girl

If you don't watch The Wire, we might start beefin as well.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So a few years back, there was this viral video of a guy driving a Veyron into a lake. Hell, here it is.

At first the guy claimed it was to dodge a bird. Then that video went viral. Then he claimed he was looking for his phone. Well the insurance company didn't buy that and now he's looking at jail time for wire fraud/insurance fraud. Apparently he did this deliberately after trying to hire someone to torch the car so he could collect the insurance money.

Heh.

In the news here is this guy, convicted of dangerous driving for riding like a knobend (no idea if the skip to time works with the embedding, you're looking for two minutes in, just after he passes the two riders in front of him):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYkuYg5qvPI#t=120

Money quote from his statement to the Magistrate's Court: "I was in full control until I hit the fence. I drove into the fence to avoid a collision."

japan on
  • Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    @Blameless Cleric

omg

we beefin

we beefin girl

If you don't watch The Wire, we might start beefin as well.

We may simply have to beef because it is low on my list of Must Watches :(

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Lookit dese puppies.

Lookit dem wrassle.

@‌Cinders

a0lqh9a20cka.jpg

I think this is it that is Akita in the back yes??? AWESOME.

Alright. I will lower your beef level down to a manageable 'mild' for now.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Alright. I will lower your beef level down to a manageable 'medium rare' for now.

This discussion has been closed.