As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-PAX Prime Preparations Prompt Pinny Posts

QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest MortalRegistered User regular
So like many of my fellow Pinny Brethren, I'm beginning to pack and get my head in the game. I went and bought a new camera for PAX, so I decided to take some pictures of my preparations. Black Mage is my loyal traveling companion and always comes with me on trips, especially PAX!

Do you have any special rituals for preparation?

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Not ritual per se, but for preparation I finally tore apart the shadow box I place all my pins in Pre-pinny arcade website and updated my lanyard online.

I also picked up locking backs for them as I'm terrified that they'll fall off.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
  • Options
    Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    I usually am a freak when it comes to over preparing, but since this time I'm representing The Pin Trader, there are no words to say how much over preparing I am :wink:

It's very much exciting though, preparing tradable pins, counting carefully how many trade fodder for the staff pins I'll need, etc...

First time in Seattle too, and I can't wait to meet most of you guys there! :)

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    This will be my first pax and I'm pretty excited to meet other traders and trade some pins... as it turns out, in the last few minutes, I've discovered that my ritual is going to end up being pull-testing all of my locking pin backs :#

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Last years Prime was my first, had no idea what to expect since I had never been to any convention, much less PAX. This will be my third PAX now and I'm vibrating with anticipation.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Getting ready myself. This is the majority of my trade fodder (except for most of the ones on my show-off lanyard, aka the one with my Aus pins)

TheAggroCraig on
  • Options
    adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    My pre-PAX ritual is to telling myself I'm going to get a good night's sleep on Thursday, only to spend it doing all the preparations I should have been doing in the weeks leading up to the event.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    Trying to print out the "pin quest" PDF and it's just coming out a blank page on two different printers :neutral_face:

• Options
    creid8 wrote: »
    Trying to print out the "pin quest" PDF and it's just coming out a blank page on two different printers :neutral_face:

I printed it out on card stock and put an industrial laminate on it. I am prepared! Are you printing it directly from your browser or from a stand alone PDF?

• Options
    creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    Qumaden wrote: »

I printed it out on card stock and put an industrial laminate on it. I am prepared! Are you printing it directly from your browser or from a stand alone PDF?
    I tried printing it directly from Chrome (which didn't print anything at all), from IE, and from Adobe Reader. Very weird.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Any chance you wanna bring me a fancy laminated one?

• Options
    I only made the one set to bring with me. I could probably make another one if ya need!

• Options
    I only made the one set to bring with me. I could probably make another one if ya need!

Not the end of the world if you can't, I have printouts but it wouldn't get all fucked up in my bag which would be great.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    What do you guys say to bringing all trade pins in a ziplocked binder vs lanyard? Im thinking a combo of both, best ones visible on lanyard and the rest in folder.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I kind of do that @Ayefkay‌ I have this old leg pouch I used when I was a medic. I keep the high value stuff on the lanyard to make easily visible for trades, and I keep a big stash in my pouch ready to bust out at a moments notice.

Qumaden on
  • Options

Any chance you wanna bring me a fancy laminated one?

Done and done!

• Options
    I tried printing it directly from Chrome (which didn't print anything at all), from IE, and from Adobe Reader. Very weird.

Huh, I thought it was just me.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    odinson83odinson83 CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    You can print it in Abobe, Hit print and in the printing options you need to print as an Image.

• Options
    MozleronMozleron WotC Build engineer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I just have a note in Evernote with checkboxes that I try to keep up to date as i move through the show. I'm already carrying my phone around for communication, Guidebook, etc, so what's one more app to help me keep track of things?

• Options
    Mozleron wrote: »
    I just have a note in Evernote with checkboxes that I try to keep up to date as i move through the show. I'm already carrying my phone around for communication, Guidebook, etc, so what's one more app to help me keep track of things?

Yea, I did that too in the past, but my phone would be almost dead by lunch, so I'm trying to limit my reliance on electronics to only things that require the internet.

• Options
    brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

Maybe they could add it to the Guidebook?

• Options
    I used Evernote as well, and could only pull it off thanks to my portable phone charger someone recommended in the prime forum. That and Purell get to share the MVP slot this year.

ChMDm4Y.png