As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Plants vs Zombies] Garden Warfare 2 out now! Time for some online plant murder!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    the challenge for stunning 3 burrowing chompers with the megaphone was soooo annoying

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I got that one fairly easily iirc. Some of the others though.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    I skipped that one with my very first skip card. Could never find any of those dudes to stun. Apparently I'm the only who plays a chomper.

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    I seem to come up against nothing but chompers and the little pea-shooters. It's so refreshing playing an FPS where no-one quite knows what to make of the classes or abilities. There's barely any meta game going on and it's much better for it. At some point someone worked out you get a lot more coins as an engineer if you manage to build the teleporters so I guess there's a lot more of them but other than that it's so balanced. Every single game both sides have switched tactics repeatedly.

Basically, what I'm saying is that this game has got something unbelievably right when it comes to team-based shooters. I hope the lessons learned aren't forgotten when it's overshadowed by Titanfall in a few hours.

• Options
    I mostly see Cactus (Cacti?) and Peashooters, with the occasional variant Chomper. I only use my Flame Chomper, and on close quarters maps. Peashooter is definitely the powerhouse on the plant side, but the Cactus has crazy range and the drone strike.
    Zombies have a much more even spread of players, though I hate when we have too many Engineers (get off my sweet teleporter points brah!)

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    If two engineers reach a teleporter at the same time everyone else should stop what they are doing, form a circle, and let the engineers fight to the death.

• Options
    when someone upgrades my turrets I get unreasonably mad.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Titanfall doesn't have destructible objects in the environment, this game does. I know that's not really a big deal, but it says something to me, like it makes the environment feel real when I shoot a fence and it blows apart, rather than just a decorated VR box in titanfall. Also frankly titanfall does not look good texture wise, like its kind of ugly. If I'm playing peashooters it doesn't even have fun movement as a knockdown. I love the visuals of the suburbia level, talk about being inside a cartoon show.

Prohass on
  • Options
    eh destruction doesn't really add anything to either game. it's certainly not designed around it like BF is. I love the aesthetic in this game but it's visually identical to it's past-gen counterparts so in that regard I feel Titanfall looks 'better'.
    still this is comparing apples to oranges here.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    How's the community holding up in this post Titanfall release? Still pretty quick and easy to find a game?

• Options
    Apparently there was a free DLC released for this a few days ago, adding 3 new abilities per class, new items, a new map and a new game mode
    http://www.gamezone.com/originals/2014/03/22/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-dlc-garden-variety-is-a-great-addition-to-the-game

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    How's the community holding up in this post Titanfall release? Still pretty quick and easy to find a game?

I have no problem finding full games at all . The game is alive and well . And in all honesty the most fun I've had on my Xbox. Future cactus is best cactus

• Options
    RTRTCRTRTC Registered User new member
    Given that a lot of people will have all the sub class characters upgrades and what not, who's still playing? And what's your class(es) of choice.

On plants, Commando Pea suits my playstyle, high rate of fire, very forgiving. I like metal petal, fire chomper and bandit cactus, although camo cactus is gaining ground. I' rank 90, but never guaranteed top slot on plants regardless of other players rank and skills. I enjoy plants but there isnt a real standout class I feel I've truly mastered.

Zombies: different. Cactus Canyon aside, Hockey all-star with longbomb and ultra tackle is a killing machine. On cactus canyon I prefer imp punt.
    Plumber engineer is a great class, especially if plants corale into tight areas, but if they do then the most bad ass is chemist. 30+ vanquish class on every G&G map, especially with standard warp and sticky bomb. It's brutal. Love it.

Reckon I'm still playing 5/7 days a week (a couple of games a day, that's all) but still think this is the best fun to be had on xbox live.

• Options
    RTRTCRTRTC Registered User new member
    Oh...and has anyone done garden ops on Craaaaaazy yet? If so...how? Last achieve....

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Still waiting for this to come out on PS4. This has been an unbelievably long limited-exclusivity period.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    It's out for PC now so it's not longer limited-exclusivity ;)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Oh, I had no idea it was on PC. I refuse to use Origin. When EA dropped off of Steam, EA also dropped off of my PC radar.

• Options
    This has been given an August 19 release date for PS3/4.

• Options
    Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    Bump. Picked it up on a whim for the PS4 - what a wonderfully eccentric yet incredibly well done team shooter.

Now to find some folks to play with...

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I got it too and it's crazy fun! And this is coming from someone who hates multiplayer shooters and owns not a one of them.

I just wish there was an auto-mute setting; I really don't want to hear any of these assholes in the first menu screen before I can get to the toggle all control.

• Options
    I snagged it. Due to this game coming out on Diablo 3 day, the time I have invested in it has been minimal, but it is incredible. Wonderful graphics, a fun, lighthearted shooter that still requires a good amount of skill.

I love that the co-op mode is just the Mass Effect 3 MP, because that is among my favorite MPs.

If you guys don't already have me on your PSN friends list, feel free to add me. PSN ID is LucasCraft.

• Options
    I have the Berry Shooter and Citrus Cactus unlocked (an Aquafina promo), the two Cheetos skins unlocked and some lame Landscaper Engineer zombie unlocked. I'm focusing on trying to max level the Peashooter and Zombe Footsoldier but dang this later stuff is hard. Especially since I completely blow at these games.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I miss this game. I need to revisit it on my One.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    RTRTC wrote: »
    Oh...and has anyone done garden ops on Craaaaaazy yet? If so...how? Last achieve....

I did it successfully by getting lucky with my co-op buddies, the beach level, i forget its name, and sitting on the upper ridge of rocks or by doing circles around the houses on the beach.

Unfortunately the achievement glitched and never unlocked for me. Kind of soured me on trying again for a while

Prohass on
  • Options
    Holy fuckballs I can't believe I'm addicted to an online multiplayer shooter. I feel dirty.

ANYWAY

I worked on the Sunflowr and Scientist last night and got them both to level 4. I love the Sunflower, she's really fun but the Scientist can go die in a fire. I don't know what's up with his gun; I get it's supposed to be a shotgun but I never see any damage numbers from it at all. I know I'm hitting or I wouldn't have got him to level 4 but god he's annoying. And no one notices you healing them; the follow-heal of the Sunflower is a lot more effective.

I tried the Cactus in an offline Garden Ops mode and holy crap she is the plant to solo with that's for sure. I got to wave 10!

• Options
    New plant unlocked! FIRE CACTUS!

:disagree:

SHE'S THE SAME AS THE OTHER ONE

D:

I'm guessing I'll unlock other stuff for her. Kind of sad that the most powerful characters I have are the lame tie-in ones. I like the Aquafina characters but the Cheetoes ones make me feel like a corporate whore.

• Options
    Well, I've reached that point when I've played enough to start noticing when people are doing stupid shit. That's never a good thing. During Gardens and Graveyards, NO ONE ever seems to want to stay in the dang garden and defend the fucking place. They always run off to get the most kills. Jesus people, if you want that play Vanquish mode! This is about DEFENDING!

• Options
    Funny, I hopped into a game after being away a few months from the XB1 version, and the opposite is true here. When I first started most players seemed useless. Now, Gardens and Graveyards almost feels like a real Battlefield game, with each person filling a role. It's interesting to see a game with a staggered release like this, I bet if I hopped into a PS4 match with Frozen Pea I would mop them up.

• Options
    Dang, I can't wait till the PS4 community wisens up. I was in several matches last night with Engineers never bothering to make a single teleport and Sunflowers who never freaking healed. I get we all have those weird challenges to do to level up but folks jeeze put a little more thought into it!

And I REALLY wish Scientist Heal Stations made more noise or something. The amount of times I've thrown one down and the 4 wounded people in front of me just kept running...

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Welcome to the world of online shooters, Pink. Those people you play with are known as pubbies, and it is a miracle that they remember how to breathe on a day to day basis. You can only find salvation with other PA duders.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    If only they would buy the freaking game already fer crying out loud

Also, last night was my first experience with dead beats, players that literally just log in and do nothing just to rack up coins. Their scores were zero all at the end and that's TOUGH to achieve.

I got so mad oh my stars

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    I'll be on tomorrow and looking for games if any of you all are around.

• Options
    YES

Power Chomper unlocked!

OSgAkAcSt26z_640x360.jpg

He has electricity breath. <3

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    This game is currently on sale for PC at 13.50 on Gamersgate. Just grabbed it myself.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Big ol' FREE new update drops tomorrow!
    The new "Legends of the Lawn" update introduces over 200 new customization items and seven character variants, including Golf Star, Centurion, Paleontologist, Chomp Thing, Alien Flower, Jade Cactus or Sanitation Expert. Also featured is the new "Taco Bandits" gameplay mode, a Capture the Flag variant that challenges the Zombies team to steal away delicious tacos from the defending Plants. Mmm, tacos.

• Options
    Gah there's too many games coming out already, I have uni! Woe!

• Options
    Anyone play this still on PC? I need some mates to kill vampire zombies with.

• Options
    I am. Origin name is DamusWolf. Been a few weeks since I hopped on, but I would be happy to help.

• Options
    Iblis wrote: »
    I am. Origin name is DamusWolf. Been a few weeks since I hopped on, but I would be happy to help.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll try and add you tonight. I'm terrible at the game and honestly the PC controls seem horribly unresponsive but we can give it a go.

• Options
    I'm not super amazing myself and I haven't played the game a huge amount (got sidetracked by Hyrule Warriors, Smash, and Borderlands). But I enjoy it quite a bit.