As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] 1+1=Cyriss is calculating... calculating... seven! And you're dead.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Visually, i really like the nyss hunters, but a question I had that learned council further elucidated on, wouldn't the dominator slow Nyss hunters down, so while the buff he gives is good, you're also ham stringing some of their natural abilities?

Also, total-newb-haven't-picked-up-the-book-yet-question, but would I be using Cylena too, or just the Nyss hunters?

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Because I was bored on a four hour drive today, I started thinking about and planning my future purchases for warmahordes

First up is getting a max unit of forgeguard and Brun and Lug to complete my mercenary army

Then I'm gonna start on gators, which means eventually I'll snag Wrongeye and Snapjaw

I wanna finish with Farrow, which of course leads to Rorsh and Brine

So then I thought, there's one more of the four "Companion" lesser warlocks- Dahlia and Skarath

And THEN I thought "Well, who could potentially take all FOUR of them in a list, and who ALSO has a character warbeast?"

And then I realized that my friend is offering to sell me his circle collection, which includes Epic Kaya and Laris

My point is, one day I will field an army that is all of the Lesser Warlocks and Character warbeasts

GO TEAM POKEMON

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    You know who does that real well? Calandra, in Trolls.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »
    You know who does that real well? Calandra, in Trolls.

Yeah, pBorka in trolls can do it pretty well too, and at least has a companion attachment

But neither of them come with a character warbeast like eKaya!

(I'm also aware this will be a terrible list, but the novelty of it amuses me)

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ANyone know which paints the PP studio scheme uses for Skorne skin? I've decided I want that look.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Midlund Flesh + Rucksack Tan for the base, Thornwood Green + Cryx Bane for the shadows and Jack Bone + Menoth White for highlights. Both shadows and highlights go first the dark color (the first one on both cases) and then a mix.

Scars are done with inks I think.

TryCatcher on
  • Options
  • Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Visually, i really like the nyss hunters, but a question I had that learned council further elucidated on, wouldn't the dominator slow Nyss hunters down, so while the buff he gives is good, you're also ham stringing some of their natural abilities?

Also, total-newb-haven't-picked-up-the-book-yet-question, but would I be using Cylena too, or just the Nyss hunters?

Be warned that the Nyss have a reputation as extremely difficult to assemble. Cylena is mandatory with the nyss.

The dominator will slightly limit the unit's movement, but it shouldn't be a major issue. He's got pathfinder and shouldn't be in front anyway.

On further thought, I'm not sure if nyss are the best choice. They're expensive to include in your list and the dominator only increases the cost. They're great generalists though. It's the kind of thing you cold have a long conversation about at your local game store.

kaorti on
  • Options
    I'm not entirely happy with how my jade armor is turning out, but then I found this and I'm considering stealing that cloth look for my armor.

mortitheurgewillbreaker_2.jpg

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Hey, I know the guy who painted this. You can find the rest of his army at increase5.blogspot.com. He also posts on this forum, user name @Iskander

• Options
    Small world! Yeah, found that blog.

• Options
    This is still way dark since it's just the basecoat, but it's also too green. I want it more towards that turquoise.
    K2bKyyr.jpg

• Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    DragonPup wrote: »

I've worked some more on the armor, so it's pretty much like that now.

These pics are my inspiration.

gladiator2.jpggladiator3.jpg

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    That is dead sexy.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Assembled a Bronzeback into upper and lower half today. There's barely any contact surface at all when gluing the halves together, so I think I may have to fill the lower half with greenstuff so there's actually some surface area for the glue.

• Options
    Thinking about modding the Bronzeback Titan so he stands straighter and taller, but then I'll have to sculpt him a new sixpack.

I can understand being skilled at painting. It's a process I can wrap my mind around. But sculpting is goddamn black magic.

BvhGhhmCUAEPszF.jpg:medium

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm very excited about it. Reach, spd 5 chassis, and a gun. That's practically a Reckoner.

kaorti on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Who has the new Monsernomicon? This guy.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

How is it? Thinking about picking it up but if it's just repackaged NQ stuff I might steer away. Any Infernal action?

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Also I'm late but hahaha holy fuck EAbby.

• Options
    Rainfall wrote: »
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

How is it? Thinking about picking it up but if it's just repackaged NQ stuff I might steer away. Any Infernal action?

It has everything that has been shown off in NQ so far, plus a bunch of new monsters and a bunch of templates to use as well. The Deathly Endowments from the Specter are back, and while I don't have the original article immediately on hand, it feels like they possibly added more of them. The Dragonspawn section is pretty cool.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Get slight windfall, enough to purchase Forgeguard and Brun and Lug, Gudrun, and Ogrun Bokur

Miniatures Market is out of stock on Forgeguard

damniiiit I want to get 'em cheap before the sales end....

• Options
    Forge guard are really good, so they're likely to be out of stock quite often.

• Options
    I still have a min unit of Hammerbros, and I got them when they came out.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kaorti wrote: »
    Forge guard are really good, so they're likely to be out of stock quite often.

I've been watching the site, and they've gone in and out of stock all summer. In just hope they come back in before the summer 40% off ends

Arch on
  • Options
    THEY CAME BACK INSTOCK

ARMY IS COMPLETE

Ordered Hammerbros, Brun and Lug, Gudrun, Ogrun Bokur, Rockbottom, some foam and paints

GO DWARVES GO

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So for our stores journeyman there allowing any non-epic caster plus 10 points, mangled metal instead of a set battlebox.

I'm playing strakhov, two kodiaks.

No remorse.

• Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    WarMachine is a game of brutalness. Your first few games are rules explaining, getting comfortable with the mechanics, and learning some synergy's and tactics.

Soon, you're off the training wheels. Then your next game is eHaley with a Stormwall. Welcome to WarMachine.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    kaorti wrote: »

Be warned that the Nyss have a reputation as extremely difficult to assemble..
    Holy shit, yes. In all my years of gaming and everything backassward and counter-intuitive GW has done, I've never met a kit that I HAD to pin, just to get assembled. Pin for durability or posing, sure, but getting those arms on and lined up without pinning is flat out impossible.

PP, I am disappoint!

• Options
    I had good results with grey stuff and gorilla brand superglue. It worked better than pinning, and hasn't broken in a year so far. Just be adequately careful with the models.

• Options
    @Inquisitor‌

You asked about which faction to pick for running the most 'jacks

Once again, may I introduce you to the Searforge Commission and the list that has been making a comeback

The "Miserable Metal Mountain", or MiMeMo

At 50pts the list has eleven warjacks in it
    15058057021_6987b0c3aa_c.jpg

At 35 points it has six

Now I just need three more gunbunnies....(I have enough for the 35 point list though!)

It seems to do pretty well, and is super focus efficient

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The conversation about the Nyss makes me happy that I've sat on getting them for so long, hopefully they'll get a resculpt soon.

Meanwhile I picked up Allison Jakes and a second Hunter. Not 100% sure what jack I'd want her to run, maybe Gallant or a Centurion.

• Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

Speaking of this, they mentioned in the new Primecast that both are both character warjacks, and that the Cygnar one is named Dynamo and is Nemo's.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Sweet Jesus. 11?!

Speaking of this, they mentioned in the new Primecast that both are both character warjacks, and that the Cygnar one is named Dynamo and is Nemo's.

I sincerely hope it's a more finely tuned fit for Nemo(s) than past Warjacks. He synergies well with T-Head, but T-Head is 12 points. Any asset that gets him better competitiveness on the table is aces, 'because the Nemo's are fun to play, but overshadowed by other lists and casters.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I'm ultimately baffled, personally. I remember on the official forum I made a series of posts about why they were almost certainly the third variant on the jacks of renown chassis, and the reasoning was sound. For this to be Nemo's character warjack was the only real alternative, but I'm still puzzled. It has everything in common with the Stormclad chassis, but it has a Centurion's spear and drops the shield. So is it based on a Centurion? or a Stormclad chassis? :/

*shrug*
    The only other guess I can take is that all of these characters are going to be based on the idea of combining two existing chassis. Consider the Retribution one, which seem to have a number of traits of both Sheeyl and Vyre myrmidons.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I'm kinda curious which Nemo it'd do best with. I'm thinking it was probably designed with Nemo3 in mind

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    I'm kinda curious which Nemo it'd do best with. I'm thinking it was probably designed with Nemo3 in mind

Nemo and Stryker are our only 3 deep-iteration casters. I hope it works well with all three. Nemo1 is fantastic with warjacks, so I think it's a given he'll be great with him, but Nemo3 isn't quite as fragile, so that's fair too. We'll just wait and see!

• Options
    Is a mekanika spear but not a piston spear like the centurion uses.