As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAXtastic Voyage! Pre-PAX Boardgame Night (Sheraton Edition)

• Alpha I OmegaAlpha I Omega Button Pusher in local news Registered User regular
    Ill be bringing Star Realms as well.

| Xbox Live GT: Alpha I Omega | PAX's Attended: Prime '11, Prime '12, Prime '13, East '13, Prime '14, Prime '15 |
    | Astro Gaming Chat Expert and Community Leader | Bacon Aficionado | Ewok Assassin |
    | Here's my BGG if you're a nerd: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/Alpha+I+Omega |
  • TeganJTeganJ Puget SoundRegistered User regular
    Not sure what time I'll get there - coming by after work, but I will bring Firefly (with Breakin' Atmo and Blue Sun expansions), Gloom and Tsuro.

PAX West 2016: Badges [x] Pre-PAX Dinner: [x] TWDT: [x] Slytherin DE House Elf Cookies baked for Cookie Brigade: TBD August 2016
  • ndekondeko Registered User new member
    I work until about 4 and live in Tacoma so I won't be up until 5:30 or later. I'll bring Eldritch Horror with the Expansion and Channel A.

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    TeganJ wrote: »
    Not sure what time I'll get there - coming by after work, but I will bring Firefly (with Breakin' Atmo and Blue Sun expansions), Gloom and Tsuro.

I'd love to see the blue sun expansion, but I don't know if I want to tie myself up for 4-6 hours LOL. (plus I seem to have horrible dice luck)

• Spartanguy12Spartanguy12 The Toppermost of the Poppermost Right here...Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Bah. It looks like I won't be joining you all for as long as I'd hoped, but I'm still going to pack a decent load of (most smaller) games. My somewhat mostly final-ish list is:
    POOP: The Game (including the expansion deck)
    Dragon Slayer
    Kombat Kittens
    Love Letter
    Forbidden Island
    Zombie Dice
    Hive (pocket edition)
    Morels
    Lords of Waterdeep

Spartanguy12 on
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Morels? Is it a game of picking mushrooms?

EDIT: Holy shit, it IS a game of picking mushrooms! Wha-?

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • PottedMeatPottedMeat Registered User regular
    edited August 2014

And if you acted quickly when they went on sale, you got handmade mini walking sticks and little tiny frying pans from the designer. I don't think he makes them anymore though. And it's a great 2 player game too.

PottedMeat on
    PottedMeat wrote: »

And if you acted quickly when they went on sale, you got handmade mini walking sticks and little tiny frying pans from the designer. I don't think he makes them anymore though. And it's a great 2 player game too.

WHAT?! I.... I don't even... ???

• Adonus76Adonus76 RDJ's Boat HouseRegistered User regular
    Looks like I am finally able confirm which games I am able to bring with. I am traveling with a group of 5 other people but will be bringing many larger group games, if interested in joining us for a game or two feel free to PM me or just come up and say hello. With that my list:

Magic the Gathering (several decks spanning all formats)
    Sentinels of the Multiverse (with as many expansions as I can fit in my bag)
    Shadow Hunters
    Ascension (with all expansions)
    The Resistance: Avalon
    Heat (Print N Play version)
    Blood Bound
    Coup
    Love Letter
    Sushi Go!
    Aye Dark Overlord (always a good time if you have people who aren't afraid to get silly)
    Hanabi
    Saboteur
    Dungeon Roll
    Lost Legacy

Would love to bring a few more but alas my carry on is full up.

• Spartanguy12Spartanguy12 The Toppermost of the Poppermost Right here...Registered User regular
    Holy shit, it IS a game of picking mushrooms! Wha-?

For whatever reason, I absolutely love this reaction. :smiley:

Holy shit, it IS a game of picking mushrooms! Wha-?

For whatever reason, I absolutely love this reaction. :smiley:

I would like to play this game. Please approach the table and I'll see if I can break away for a bit :)

• JalharadJalharad Registered User new member
    I'm planning on showing up around 5:30 - 6pm. I'll be bringing the Carcassonne big box, Roll For it (2 player game), Tsuro of the Seas. @LexiconGrrl‌ thanks for organizing this!

I just bought mine recently (specifically for this trip), so unfortunately I only have the exceedingly less cool cardboard tokens. :\

• AaronElWhiteAaronElWhite WARegistered User regular

I just bought mine recently (specifically for this trip), so unfortunately I only have the exceedingly less cool cardboard tokens. :\

They are definitely thematic pieces but I've played the game with both and they honestly don't do much to enhance gameplay. The ways in which they are used to really make it worthy of having special plastic pieces. You can have just as good of an experience (and it IS a great game) without them IMO.

They are definitely thematic pieces but I've played the game with both and they honestly don't do much to enhance gameplay. The ways in which they are used to really make it worthy of having special plastic pieces. You can have just as good of an experience (and it IS a great game) without them IMO.

All true....but...boardgamers LOVE BITS! That's the only reason I have them, Glorious Bits. Also on the good news front, the new Coup expansion, Reformation, showed up so it'll be making it's way to pax with me.

Well, not anymore, I've had my game for close to 2 years and really don't get it played too much since we have a larger gaming group. I shall gift you my bits, you and Lexicon can play the penultimate Morels experience.

• RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm bringing Star Wars X-Wing with around 30 ships, Battlestar Galactica (with 2 expansions), and Firefly the game (with both expansions).

• gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    I'll be bringing Cosmic Encounter (with an expansion for up to 6 players) and Quarriors.

I can also bring additional copies of some of the games on this list if anyone wants (Alien Frontiers, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Lords of Waterdeep (with Scoundrels of Skullport expansion), Love Letter, The Resistance: Avalon). I also own all (but one) the Flying Frog games if anyone wants me to bring one of those. Let me know :)

Have I mentioned how freakin excited I am?! Cause I'm freakin excited!

edited August 2014
    Finished packing, packed well, had extra room, room for my personal favorites! Also coming now, Catacombs (mix crokinole with dungeons and dragons.) you don't know what crokinole is?! Shame on you :) look up hilinski crokinole, they're amazing, and worth every penny. Also Eight-Minute Empire, and The Downfall of Pompeii. Flying out in 6 hours, see you tomorrow! Also if something doesn't get played my friend and I will be looking for people to play after expo hours, don't let Thursday be the only day you play!

And Aaron ElWhite, I made it a point to not forget the legacy expansion this year, it is definitely packed!

PottedMeat on
  • BirrhanBirrhan Registered User regular
    Already packed are Caverna, King of Tokyo, Fiasco, and Race for the Galaxy. Ready to play... tomorrow!

• JesusInHDJesusInHD Registered User regular
    Would anyone be interested in Smash Up, Quantum, or Forbidden Desert? I wouldn't be able to fit all of them in my carry-on, but could bring one or two of those if there was interest.

• tigresaatigresaa Bay AreaRegistered User new member
    Hi there! I read through the rules and all the posts and didn't see anything about this, but I want to ask just to make sure it's kosher! If I designed a game, am I allowed to bring it and demo it to anyone that wants to play? :)

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    JesusInHD wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in Smash Up, Quantum, or Forbidden Desert? I wouldn't be able to fit all of them in my carry-on, but could bring one or two of those if there was interest.

Bring Quantum! That game is sublime!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I'll be bringing Cosmic Encounter (with an expansion for up to 6 players) and Quarriors.

I can also bring additional copies of some of the games on this list if anyone wants (Alien Frontiers, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Lords of Waterdeep (with Scoundrels of Skullport expansion), Love Letter, The Resistance: Avalon). I also own all (but one) the Flying Frog games if anyone wants me to bring one of those. Let me know :)

I'd love to play Cosmic Encounter. I've played it a fair few times at my board game group and it's a real favourite of mine.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• JesusInHDJesusInHD Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »

Good enough for me. I'll bring Quantum!

• ottergalottergal Registered User regular

Good enough for me. I'll bring Quantum!

I am local... so if anyone really wants to play SmashUp (with all the available expansions) or Forbidden Desert I can bring those. May also bring Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot (plays up to 8) if people are interested there. I have a couple of the boosters.

• EnderWiggumEnderWiggum Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    For the person who requested Zombies, i will bring Zombies!!!! 4. I won't be bringing any actual Zombies.

Edit:I will also bring Zombie Dice and Cthulhu Dice

EnderWiggum on
  • gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular

I'd love to play Cosmic Encounter. I've played it a fair few times at my board game group and it's a real favourite of mine.

Awesome!
    Ooh, my thinkgeek order came in today, so I'll also be bringing Dungeons & Dragons Clue!

• CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, I am really sorry to do this the day before. unfortunately I have to back out. There's a gaggle of friends that I only get to hang out with at PAX that want to get together and do other things than boardgames (I suggested and was shot down :() so I have to pull out my games and myself. That means Star Trek Catan, Tokaido, Zombie Dice, and Letters from Whitechapel won't be coming.

Sorry guys! I tried :(

Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't leave SE++ often, but I was just told of this event. So I may be there and bring along ExpoCon.

BLM - ACAB
  • LogicsFateLogicsFate Registered User regular
    Ah, this sounds fun. Bringing my wife, Fluxx (Classic), Get Lucky, and a magic deck.

Rocks Fall, Everyone Snoozes.
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I don't leave SE++ often, but I was just told of this event. So I may be there and bring along ExpoCon.
    I think some of us are planning to do this and then drink at the 'noke

• dapineappledapineapple Registered User regular
    I'll be heading right after work. I've brought

Gipf
    Yinsh
    Study in Emerald
    Splendor
    Euphoria
    Imperial Settlers
    Eldritch Horror

tigresaa wrote: »
    Hi there! I read through the rules and all the posts and didn't see anything about this, but I want to ask just to make sure it's kosher! If I designed a game, am I allowed to bring it and demo it to anyone that wants to play? :)

It's fine to bring/demo your own games, as long as it's not a promotional table. We've had folks bring games they've designed before to demo and play, but it's primarily a community event, so the same rules apply to you as to the attendees: only one table, and no big displays or flyering other tables with materials. You're welcome to bring a small tabletop sign for your table if you don't have a boxtop yet, and leave a note at the info table inviting folks to come play.

Other than that, PAXers love to play new games and be part of playtesting, so I'm sure there would be no lack of interest.

We are bringing:

GetBit!
    RedShirts
    Lord of the Fries
    Bang!
    Blue Moon City
    Ninja v. Ninja
    Poo!

TrenchZone: A very indie game from the island of Jersey in Europe. It's a game of trench warfare set in WW1. It's also bloody complicated, so if anybody wants to borrow it and figure out the gameplay so you can 'splain it to me, that would be boss.

• WedgerWedger Registered User regular
    See you all SOON. lol

“I have great faith in fools - self-confidence my friends will call it.”
  • blurrygilblurrygil Registered User regular
    Last minute joining/hosting. Will bring:

Zombicide (Seasons 1 & 2 + promos!)
    Machine of Death
    Escape

+ much more. :-D

• LogicsFateLogicsFate Registered User regular
    Had a great time. Perfect first introduction to PAX.
    Bah. It looks like I won't be joining you all for as long as I'd hoped, but I'm still going to pack a decent load of (most smaller) games. My somewhat mostly final-ish list is:
    POOP: The Game (including the expansion deck)
    Dragon Slayer
    Kombat Kittens
    Love Letter
    Forbidden Island
    Zombie Dice
    Hive (pocket edition)
    Morels
    Lords of Waterdeep

And thanks you, had a lot of fun playing LoWD with you and playing your zombie dice after you left.

Rocks Fall, Everyone Snoozes.
    edited August 2014
    Thanks everybody, for such an outrageously successful game night! We blew past all previous attendance records with around 600 people there at one point.

As always, feedback about the event and ideas to improve it are always appreciated, so if you have any comments, please post them.

3 lost little pieces were turned in at the end of the evening: a red tank, an orange house (Catan?) and a red cardboard token (Lords of Waterdeep). If any of these pieces look like yours, you can find me at every Omegathon round today and possibly tomorrow, wearing a JOEMEGANAUT shirt. Otherwise, shoot me a PM or email and we'll work something out.

u7pnfw3kd2cm.jpg

LexiconGrrl on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The cardboard token is from lords of waterdeep

This discussion has been closed.