As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Camp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Pan Out

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

imageCamp Weedonwantcha by Katie Rice — Pan Out

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    welp, gotta eat dry mac'n'cheese concentrate.

• Options
    VenarVenar Registered User regular
    They would rather eat leaves than store brand Mac 'n Cheese...

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Wow! Now he's got a real mountain lion story to go with his scar!

• Options
    ReiskaReiska Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Millimeters away from gory gnashgnomin' while losing precious cooking apparel. Not preferable.

Lion can't be very hungry since she could have easily leaped the brave fool or catch him while running at latest. She must have a hidden agenda and since rocks don't grow before doors, that must be somehow related. It is also most interesting that how these kids keep replacing their food reserves. If it is those mysterious airdrops, who makes them to unwanted children and why ?

This camp must be a metaphor of planet Earth and it's people.

Nasty inconsistency error on brave fool's sleeves. Also his scar has disappeared in 10th frame. Campsite must be experiencing some heavy disortions in it's time-space continuum, i can't wait what they cause next.

Reiska on
  • Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    great comic as always. Many lols were had! It's been a while since I've been so scared my sleeves magically fixed themselves :p

• Options
    prime_pmprime_pm Registered User regular
    They could really use Purdy right about now.

• Options
    GlyphGryphGlyphGryph Registered User regular
    The lion made his sleeves grow back! Guys, it's a MAGICAL mountain lion, it's just trying to help you!

• Options
    brutalbrutalbrutalbrutal Registered User new member
    edited August 2014
    Probably my favorite yet and loving the character designs! The back of that pink kid's head looks all John K. which is how I came to find Katie then strip search then this. The strip is really finding a rhythm and I love the ongoing story, it's my new Breaking Bad.

Kitty Spoiler alert... are those cats about too pow chicka powow?

brutalbrutal on
  • Options
    dovidlangdovidlang Registered User new member
    I Just Noticed that a number of the kids all have the same shirt on! Was it an Airdrop of Oakley T-Shirts? Or something else? Even various colours but with the same pattern!

• Options
    marsiliesmarsilies Registered User regular
    @DOVIDLANG i'm pretty sure many of them are wearing official Camp Weedonwantcha shirts. The badge looks similar to the one at the top of the site. I think the yellow shirts are for younger/smaller kids, while the green are for bigger/older kids (maybe counselor shirts?).

Kids have been wearing them since the first comic. Looking back through the archive though, I just realized that the mountain lion made its first appearance in the sixth comic:
    http://campcomic.com/comic/27

• Options
    riobardriobard Registered User regular
    KRUST Macaroni & Cheeze: it's the krustiest!

• Options
    XephusXephus Registered User regular
    I didn't know that guy got shot in the leg, either.

also found cat.

• Options
    Xephus wrote: »
    I didn't know that guy got shot in the leg, either.

Good heads up, i see he is no stranger to pain. Also, a third installment of his sleeves is shown there. At least there is no lack of wearing apparel... but will it be enough for winter that is bound to reach that camp sooner or later. What oh what will they do then...

• Options
    KillOrderKillOrder Registered User new member
    There's a discontinuity with his sleeves. They go in and out of being torn lol

• Options
    jessterferjessterfer Registered User regular
    idk whats in that mac and cheese but it gave the kid a third arm

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    riobard wrote: »
    KRUST Macaroni & Cheeze: it's the krustiest!

I'm now thinking of Krusty the Clown from the Simpsons and thinking of that one scene where's he's stapling together half-eaten Krusty burgers.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Reiska wrote: »
    Nasty inconsistency error on brave fool's sleeves. Also his scar has disappeared in 10th frame. Campsite must be experiencing some heavy disortions in it's time-space continuum, i can't wait what they cause next.

Whoops, I fixed it. I had a busy day of traveling on Monday, so you can blame that for my loopiness. :]

• Options
    Ragnar4Ragnar4 Registered User new member
    Wow. I signed up to say: "I cannot believe that people would get so up in arms about a "t-shirt inconsistency". Really people.. you can't enjoy the comic for the comic... you gotta pick it to shit too?

Katie puts out a hell of a product and you jerkfaces better be thankful she's doing it.. rather than bitching about how it's not perfect. You guys yell at your moms for not cutting the crust off your PBJ sandwiches too?

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    Yes, we intend to actually boycott her for this. I'm frothing with such a rage that you wouldn't believe.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    KatieJRice wrote: »
    Whoops, I fixed it. I had a busy day of traveling on Monday, so you can blame that for my loopiness. :]

Why resort to blame when i can love you for your humane mistakes. :smile:

There is still one remaining, not relating to sleeves or imagined third arms. Can you find it ? Since you have presented this lovely comic and constant joy of finding kitties, i am very happy to offer you this little puzzle.

Reiska on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Ragnar4 wrote: »
    Wow. I signed up to say: "I cannot believe that people would get so up in arms about a "t-shirt inconsistency". Really people.. you can't enjoy the comic for the comic... you gotta pick it to shit too?

Katie puts out a hell of a product and you jerkfaces better be thankful she's doing it.. rather than bitching about how it's not perfect. You guys yell at your moms for not cutting the crust off your PBJ sandwiches too?

Hands down the lowest comment i have seen on this forum. A putrid vomit of straight out lies and misconceptions. Only very hurt and frail mind dares to even remotely conceive, let alone suggest out loud in most black and white-manner that my and other people's vibrant love for this colossally charming comic of capable cleats and cute cats would depend on a lovable little humane mistakes such as drawing sleeves. You are also claiming that honest comments do not belong to forums such as this and people that write them have no right to do that. On so many levels, that is so very wrong.

Turning blind eye and living in denial are never testimonies of love. They are clear indicators of fear and negligence, thus your unholy preachings are in vain. Wanting something to be as good as it possibly can is a true testimony of love and caring, Indifference and disregard are testimonies of indifference and disregard.

Don't we want our children to fly as high they can ? Don't we want to do that what we do as well as we can ? Yes we do, if we love our children and that what we do. These are Katie's children and without a shred of doubt, she loves them very much.

So do we.

Reiska on
  • Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    how did i not catch this on previous read-throughs?!
    what is tins of IMITATION sardines?? i know about "imitation" crab meat, but is there a foodstuff lesser in quality that you need to cloak it in the nom de plume of "imitation sardines"? ;)

also thanks to those that delved into the archives for the link to show the prior appearance of 'Scar'; didn't realize he had once been an adventurer.

hajen on
  • Options
    hajen wrote: »
    how did i not catch this on previous read-throughs?!
    what is tins of IMITATION sardines?? i know about "imitation" crab meat, but is there a foodstuff lesser in quality that you need to cloak it in the nom de plume of "imitation sardines"? ;)

Unfortunately in a world of pink slime and other vile atrocities, there are little less nutrients in meals every day. Although it can be a task to feed billions of people who would like to eat every day at least somewhat regularly, food should be called food and fake imitations should be rightfully called fake imitations in big and clearly visible letters. This is why bug cuisines for example are being hyped at west at accelerating rate... and of course because bugs would be a gold mine if billions of westerners would buy them. Very cheap to mass farm since they breed like hell and nobody would care the rights and well being of a bug.

• Options
    ctolesctoles Registered User new member
    Imitation sardines are anchovies which are salted packed, and canned like sardines instead of anchovies. If you google imitation sardines, you could probably have discovered that.

• Options
    Something_SinisterSomething_Sinister Registered User regular
    Poor food kid

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Food kid has really grown on me, I hope we can see some more of him after this arc.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Don't worry, he didn't have any water, butter or milk so there was no way he could have actually made mac & cheese. Imitation sardines for everyone!!! :D

• Options
    metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    Cat thinks it was a close call too. Poor kids, this camp run by kids is a rough place :)

• Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    Sarge, those cheese packets are so sweet you can easily make great macaroni without butter :P
    Hell, it would probably be passable even without milk!

• Options
    AshleyHoneyBeeAshleyHoneyBee Registered User new member
    Oops, looks like the scar disappeared in the 4th panel too.