As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] not found

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    TL DR wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Read an interesting story a while back about the effect of reintroducing wolves in some area.

Due to the lack of predators, herbivores killed off a ton of trees. After the wolves were reintroduced, the wolves keeping the herbivore population down made an entire area grow a forest and change the flow of a river.

Someone at the creek cleanup volunteer thing I attended last weekend was talking about how crucial wolves are in keeping deer populations in check with regards to erosion control. Guy really hated deer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Read an interesting story a while back about the effect of reintroducing wolves in some area.

Due to the lack of predators, herbivores killed off a ton of trees. After the wolves were reintroduced, the wolves keeping the herbivore population down made an entire area grow a forest and change the flow of a river.

Someone at the creek cleanup volunteer thing I attended last weekend was talking about how crucial wolves are in keeping deer populations in check with regards to erosion control. Guy really hated deer.

They are very large pest animals. Thankfully they are tasty.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    yyeesssss....my package is coming.

:winky:?

alt post: Ha! Phrasing...

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

gross no one wants to hear about that

Well, the people who play Winky's game might be interested

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    I hate when I don't pay for expedited shipping.

I'm always all "Oh it's an extra 20-30 bucks that's dumb I'll just wait"

but then they send me the tracking information

and the desert swallows my soul.

Psn:wazukki
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    If being slower reproducing is to be considered somehow damning when it comes to evolution and whether to protect an animal, then literally every species except those found in the kingdom bacteria deserve to basically die because nothing comes even close to bacteria.

100% of all living things die out.

Nothing deserves to live FYI hth.

Which is a bit different than basically thinking they deserve to die because only fast reproducing species deserve to be cared about for some reason.
    you've all heard my rant about pandas right?

TL;DR; fuck them, they're an evolutionary dead end people only care about cause they're fuzzy

Corgis are an evolutionary dead end and people only care about them cause they're fuzzy. >:|

I mean this stubby legs alone make them ill-suited for natural existence. They are abominations really.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    oh shit

Joan Rivers was rushed to the hospital in critical condition

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    PIRATE

I have almost finished the Solo-Man Island

I think I'm going to give up on shotguns they are not for me

Sorry

not for me.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Not liking corgis is Hitler talk.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Geth likes IW more than echo.

steam_sig.png
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

it's at times like this when you find out who your real friends are :')

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    oh shit

Joan Rivers was rushed to the hospital in critical condition

I'm gonna need 30ccs of Loctite, stat!

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    She apparently stopped breathing during vocal chord surgery

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

gross no one wants to hear about that

MFW

coup_reformation.jpg

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

Do you know what kind of vocal cord surgery?

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

They're pest animals. We can't both not bother to keep the population in check and not have predators.

ftOqU21.png
    If being slower reproducing is to be considered somehow damning when it comes to evolution and whether to protect an animal, then literally every species except those found in the kingdom bacteria deserve to basically die because nothing comes even close to bacteria.

Which is a bit different than basically thinking they deserve to die because only fast reproducing species deserve to be cared about for some reason.

TL;DR; fuck them, they're an evolutionary dead end people only care about cause they're fuzzy

Corgis are an evolutionary dead end and people only care about them cause they're fuzzy. >:|

there's never a safer approach to take than being fluffy or tasty

ftOqU21.png

Do you know what kind of vocal cord surgery?

No news on that.

she's not exactly my favorite person in the world but that'd be a shitty way to go.

cats dogs and cows will pretty much never go extinct

evolutionary dead end? Evolutionary winners.

ftOqU21.png
    Abdhyius wrote: »

are you saying you eat Corgis?

Well, they might after we die off.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

There will always be another mass extinction event.

It was an outpatient procedure though. That much I've heard.

are you saying you eat Corgis?

I didn't say and/or

I don't but that's mainly because I have never been presented with a corgi dish

ftOqU21.png

...was she in Korea?

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Also, we need to hurry up and breed some permakittens that can reproduce.

Also, we need to hurry up and breed some permakittens that can reproduce.

That basically is cats.

nothing in the history of the world has ever been as hard to kill as humans

ftOqU21.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

I mean this stubby legs alone make them ill-suited for natural existence. They are abominations really.
    Nah, those short legs keep them closer to the ground letting them maintain a scent trail. Also makes them better at digging after prey that may go to ground.

Remember, a pack of corgis is an absolute terror capable of stripping a full grown man to bone in under a minute. The man will be rendered helpless and unable to protect himself because he will be too busy giving belly rubs to the first corgi he sees, while the others move around and attack from the side. Clever girls...

Now pugs on the other hand...

Cthulhu?

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

Roaches.

Bless your heart.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    @Deebaser take a picture of your office once its been swagged up with lol posters i wanna see

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    “I hate these inane Kickstarters hosted by privileged assholes asking for other people’s money and the service of ironic projects that add nothing to the cultural conversation, so I started one.”

H Jon Benjamin on his kickstarter he he started to pay for a flight to introduce Kenny loggins during a show played in some guys living room (that the guy kickstarted)

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here

...was she in Korea?

nope. new york city

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

they are not my least favorite dogs but they are definitely second-tier

corgis have a tendency to some really annoying character traits. they're demanding and bossy and relentless. they don't play real well with other dogs. they get a lot of health issues, esp relating to their backs.

they are cute tho, what with the widdle legs and all.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Sadly twitter is blocked here at work but is that the "Russia/Not Russia" picture?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook

...was she in Korea?

nope. new york city

Well that's good.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i am still absolutely floored by that peter gizzi poem i posted yesterday

it's amazing, because you basically read the same poem twice (the last half is the first half repeated backwards)

and there's this building to the core of something

and the second it turns, the light starts going the other way

all of the intensity that was build up releases

it feels like you're in a time lapse video watching an empty sky fill up with clouds and re empty

and things go dark to light several times

and maybe a week has passed

and you're exactly where you were before

and everything is the same

but it feels different

This discussion has been closed.