As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Fucking Thread About the 2016 Elections, Seriously, What the Hell, I Don't Even

ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
edited August 2014 in Debate and/or Discourse
This is a thread to talk about Fucking 2016, because goddamn your eyes it has been requested. The fact this thread even exists makes me hate you all and weep for humanity.

The stipulation for this thread continuing to exist is that it A) remains on the topic of actual elections and primaries that will occur in 2016, 2) does not turn into a lolpublicans thread, pi) does not become otherwise rife with snark, stupidity, or people being dickholes.

So go talk about Hillary or Romney or Perry or whoever the fuck, I'll be over in the corner muttering to myself and mourning the loss of all that is good and right.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
ElJeffe on

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Yes oh god yes

The feels

The political feels

I DON'T REALLY WANT HILLARY BUT I DON'T KNOW WHO ELSE IS BETTER/CAN WIN

ok there I said it

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I'd be fine with Hillary, honestly.

I would just like some other Democrats to line up in case she, you know, doesn't run like she keeps saying she won't.

she's totally running, tho

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Hilary sucks

she might look inevitable but I think people forget how awful a campaigner she is

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

ok there I said it

What do you dislike about her. I don't see how she's much worse than pretty much any other politician.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    oops looks like we need a thread merge

• CapekCapek Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Spoil sport. Curse your eyes.

Capek on
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. - Fitzgerald
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    2016 will be the rise of real liberalism in america. Bernie Sanders is my man.

[style size="7px"]I want to believe[/style]

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Hilary sucks

she might look inevitable but I think people forget how awful a campaigner she is

Obama has had pretty good luck when it comes to getting opponents. Will Hilary's be just as inept and fundamentally flawed?

kedinik wrote: »

ok there I said it

What do you dislike about her. I don't see how she's much worse than pretty much any other politician.

I'm tired of Clintons and she needs to stop thinking she can run to the right and change "independent" republican minds

Also I am cowardly and afraid she will galvanize the hulking disjointed mass of her opposition into an actually functioning body as they unite against her

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Hahahahahaha Poor ElJeffe.

edited August 2014

ok there I said it

I'm tired of Clintons and she needs to stop thinking she can run to the right and change "independent" republican minds

Also I am cowardly and afraid she will galvanize the hulking disjointed mass of her opposition into an actually functioning body as they unite against her

Are you talking about Republicans or Democrats?

Harry Dresden on
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Hilary sucks

Obama has had pretty good luck when it comes to getting opponents. Will Hilary's be just as inept and fundamentally flawed?

well

they're talking about Mitt again

so I'm thinking yeeeeeeaaaaaaah

By Republican thunderdome rules its' Rick Santorum

who am I kidding it's not rick Santorum

edited August 2014
    Deleted.

Harry Dresden on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

ok there I said it

weren't people saying this exact same thing (not even)8 years ago? i doubt we're going to get another (relatively)unknown breaking ranks and sweeping the nomination, but until we see who is actually running i think it's a bit early to call it for Hillary just yet.

• CantelopeCantelope Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Hillary is a hawk, and if her last book is any indication her plan to win involves shifting to the right when the campaign starts so that she can peel off some moderates. If she has real competition I don't think she's going to win her primary, I think she is going to lose to someone who is more liberal, I'm hoping for Warren.

In the Republican slot, I'm hoping that we can somehow get Rand Paul. If he goes up against Hillary we can have an anti-war Republican going up against a Pro-war democrat. I don't know what the outcome would be, but by my stars and garters I'd love it.

Can anyone tell me what candidates for the Republican party are expected to run and do well in the primary?

Cantelope on
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I'd like Elizabeth Warren to pull an Obama and break up the Hillary coronation, but I don't think it's going to happen.

On the Republican side, Rand Paul will put up a decent fight before getting obliterated by whichever establishment candidate can fight off his legal troubles and raise enough money.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    The Republicans who run will each do well in the primary for a span of two or three weeks.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

ok there I said it

weren't people saying this exact same thing (not even)8 years ago? i doubt we're going to get another (relatively)unknown breaking ranks and sweeping the nomination, but until we see who is actually running i think it's a bit early to call it for Hillary just yet.

Back then she had a much smaller lead, and a larger field of opponents. Right now she gets majority support, and nobody else is even in the teens.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

ok there I said it

That makes sense. I didn't like her comments about Israel and the Gaza Strip, along those lines.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Aren't they still going with the slimmed down Chris Christie?

I think the bridgegate thing got too weird too quickly so most people will just think it was about traffic or something and just forget about it.

Is it too early for Rand Paul?

I'm trying to imagine the field for the republican primaries but it's difficult to hold in my mind for long periods of time.

Mostly due to all the bleeding

Psn:wazukki
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    by the primaries for 2016, bridgegate will be ancient history and probably mostly irrelevant

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Who will be a 'serious contender' in the republican primary is almost impossible to tell at this point. Remember in the previous primary how Herman Cain was actually considered for a couple weeks? Or how some candidates completely self-destructed, all the way up to and during the debates?

The insanity is just beginning.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    i think it's time for tim pawlenty

Calling it now: Dr. Ben Carson will be the GOP's token black candidate for 2016.

Chanus wrote: »
    i think it's time for tim pawlenty

did you audibly yawn halfway through typing this sentence

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Elizabeth Warren herself dropped by the thread to tell people she isn't running.

She's been pretty adamant thus far.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Ted Cruz will not only be the republican candidate but the president of the USA for the subsequent 12 years.

It will be worse than it sounds.

Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Ted Cruz will not only be the republican candidate but the president of the USA for the subsequent 12 years.

It will be worse than it sounds.

Well, depending on how Obamacare turns out he might try to take credit for Obama's second term as well.

But wasn't he born in Canada and thus ineligible?

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I thought you were stronger than this Jeffe.

Quid wrote: »

jeffe apparently hates america

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular

jeffe apparently hates himself

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

It's all part of his plan to destroy the world.

While we're here discussing 2016, he'll be there, plotting, scheming...

Waiting...

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Just imagine the hilarious future in store for us if it's all red across the board in 2016.

• Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    hahaha it's going to be mitt romney again isn't it.

Maybe even hilary vs. romney for complete deja vu.

Pi-r8 wrote: »
    hahaha it's going to be mitt romney again isn't it.

Maybe even hilary vs. romney for complete deja vu.

giant_douche_turd.jpg

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Oh good, that bullshit again.