As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Automata

nicktibenicktibe Registered User new member
edited August 2014 in Debate and/or Discourse
Don't know if anyone's seen or posted about this yet, but I made and account just to share this discovery

So I guess the brilliant automata

is getting a movie?

Now, does Penny Arcade know about this? Or is it a blatant rip-off?
Because I didn't see Jerry and Mike anywhere in the credits when I looked into it.

nicktibe on

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    It's just a movie that happens to use the same name. Of course it's about robots if it's called "Automata".

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Pretty sure if it was about Penny Arcade's Automata, Jerry and Mike would be trumpeting the announcement from the highest mountain-tops. Hell, if it was my baby, I'd tell anyone dumb enough to stop next to me for more than a second.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Khoo tweeted that they are aware of the production, and have no issue with it using the name Automata.

Which means that there is no intent to ever create a film or show based on PA's Automata. :(

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Somebody send these people that comic.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    If you guys would like to discuss the film Automata in the context of hey, look, a film, that's cool.

Discussing whether or not PA knows about the movie is not really a viable thread topic.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.